( search forums )
About mouse sensitivity....
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
ubiquity
December 17, 2004, 3:19 am
Well, i was just wandering at what % do u people prefer it.
I played for a long time at 100% but lately ive been setting it to 110% and the light speed increasement kinda help me to hit people with deagles, when they are really far away one from another. Passed 110% is just weird i think..

and i was also wandering, Do u people use default keys?
my mate told me to put nade on S to be able to move sideways and nade at same time but now i sometimes nade my ass when i wanna crouch..

Cookie.
December 17, 2004, 3:23 am
I use 100% + default keys O_O I think e works well for nade because i can use my pointer finger or my middle finger depening on the situation

Marine
December 17, 2004, 3:41 am
The default, I'll just get [IMAGE]ed in the ass if I mess with it, and it'll take weeks for me to get used to it....

Vijchtidoodah
December 17, 2004, 3:58 am
^I agree, I use all default settings (except for drop weapon which is my middle mouse).

Jello
December 17, 2004, 4:07 am
For some reason, I have switched the "change weapon" and "reload weapon" keys. I don't remember why, and didn't even realize I did it untill I was playing at my cousins house and got all confused when I went to reload...wierd eh.
I don't really do much with mouse sensitivity though.

lieroguy
December 17, 2004, 5:06 am
120% sensitivity.
W,A,S,D, movement.
Right mouse, reload.
Mouse wheel, change weapon.
E, toss weapon.
F, Throw grenade.
C, go prone
Shift, Jet

Vijchtidoodah
December 17, 2004, 5:24 am
Wierd settings...I could never play like that

Marine
December 17, 2004, 5:24 am
Wow.....

I use right mouse for jets, arrow keys for movement, shift for nade, \ for change weapon and ' for toss weapon.

Don't ask....

lieroguy
December 17, 2004, 5:54 am
It's ok. It took me a while to figure out what was best, becuase the arrow keys cramped my hands from constantly moving my little finger to the right shift key. This way, I've got every key I need in a fist's reach. Also, I'm all about the gunplay, so switch weapn and reload were obviously going to the mouse, since I would be using them often, and I do. Nothing like a little showmanship, swap out to socom and put two rounds in a corpse's head.

Keron Cyst
December 17, 2004, 6:05 am
quote:Originally posted by lieroguy... F, movement.... F, Throw grenade....
...? o.O'

quote:Originally posted by Cookie.... I think e works well for nade because i can use my pointer finger or my middle finger...
Ja :-)

Chakra
December 17, 2004, 6:08 am
160% for me baby. I need that quick movement.

lieroguy
December 17, 2004, 6:10 am
Whoopsie, you're right Keron. I edited it. It's actually WASD.

Deleted User
December 17, 2004, 8:44 am
wasd movement, tab for scores, q change weapon, shift crouch, let fire, right reload, wheel granade, and e for jet. Oh, and 200% sensitivity

Hektik Sniper
December 17, 2004, 8:59 am
I allways used to use an old un-sensitive mouse, but recently it died and ive gone through 3 mice trying to find one i like. Unfortunatly i havent been able to play the same since i lost that mouse as i had been playing soldat for nearly 2 years with it :( It just doesnt feel the same anymore. I have to use 90% in soldat and about 60% in the mouse settings ¬_¬

Taxista
December 17, 2004, 12:25 pm
I have almost the same problem Hektik lol
I have a new cordless mouse and the old one that i used to play.
And with the same sensivity (110) the new one is faster then the old one.
So i use the old one to play and the new one to work. lol
Default keys here :D

[S][K]Taxi

mariachi
December 17, 2004, 12:39 pm
170-190 sensitivity depending on my mood.
WASD movement
Left shift: Nade
Space: Prone
E: Reload
F: Teamchat
½: Weapons
Left mouse: Fire
Right -||-: Jet
Roll mid: switch weps
Mid: Drop Weapon

I cant for a minute understand how ppl can have prone at x or z btw. I mean, I have limber fingers due to excessive guitarplaying and whatnot, but, come on, ewww.

Freekill
December 17, 2004, 12:51 pm
i once used spacebar for shooting cuz my left mouse button broke. took some time to get used to -_-

nice idea mariachi, I think i'll switch the prone button to spacebar. The default configuration doesn't seem to utilise the left thumb much.

3rd_account
December 17, 2004, 1:45 pm
110-120 with deagles & M79, 160-200 using Spas.

WSAD: Move
Grenade: Ctrl
Switch weap: Q
Prone: Mouse wheel scroll
Reload: Mouse wheel click
Chat: Y
Teamchat: U
Fire: Left mouse
Jet: Right mouse

Just need one of those new, accurate laser mouses with many more buttons to assign functions to. I've sweeted a hole through the current one. :/

mariachi
December 17, 2004, 1:57 pm
3rd account, i have a logitech mx500 and u cant assign the thumb buttons etc very easy. Ppl have tried via registrymodifications and assigning characters to the thumbbuttons, but, it doesnt seem to work all that well for most, including me.

Melba
December 17, 2004, 2:47 pm
all default xept
throw weapon : spacebar
reload : mousewheel

Jaz
December 17, 2004, 3:00 pm
Im different :O.

left arrow: move left
right arrow: move right
up arrow: jump
down arrow: crouch
End: prone
right shift: nade
right control: switch
numpad 0: drop ( yes knifing is hard )
left mouse: shoot
right mouse: jets
Enter: reload ( typing is a [IMAGE] )

edix: oh and 100%

DT
December 17, 2004, 3:21 pm
more sensitvity lets you aim around faster... but decrease accuracy

ThaD
December 17, 2004, 3:35 pm
woah that would be like ...erm 4th what-keys-r-u-using topic, oh well:

arrrows
crtl - switching
0(ins) - nade
1 - drop
wheel - reloading

mad_cow11
December 17, 2004, 3:57 pm
I use all defult controls, except i made chat enter. This makes it much easier, because if its a letter it sometimes will type that letter wen u press it to chat, if you get what i mean. My mouse sensitivity used to be 100%, but i just got a new mouse which is much faster so i had to lower it. (50% now i think)

Kexman
December 17, 2004, 4:18 pm
Btw the mouse sensitivity depends more on the settings of windows, so you can't say much by telling the mouse sensitivity in soldat options, if you don't tell the sensitivity set in windows too.
So like one guy's 150% of sensitivity can mean the same speed as another guy's 60% ...

Sooo as for me, it's 70% sensitivity in soldat, and the windows mouse sensitivity is set to the 8th unit (of the 11).

(damn that's one roundabout way to tell the stuff...)

Liber_Lupus
December 17, 2004, 4:25 pm
W-left
D-right
S-crouch
W-jetpack
R-reload||Mouse sensitivity was about 40-60% for a while, not sure how
much it is now, its over 100% for sure.
E-drop weapon
Q-throw nade
C-prone
Left mouse button-fire
Mouse wheel-change weapon
Right mouse click-jump

b00stA
December 18, 2004, 10:17 am
Stop spamming your controls, there have been enough topics about this already.

mar77a
December 18, 2004, 3:06 pm
Well...i use it a 40% baby, i need some aiming...and i dont use barrett...

_Mancer_
December 18, 2004, 3:47 pm
I go 200% ;)