( search forums )
2D Games with Vehicles (not vehicle suggestion)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Oliver Stannus
December 17, 2004, 4:54 am
There is a quote in the locked thread on guidelines from Michal, I think. It pertains to the use of vehicles in a 2D game. I have encountered two games which I think use vehicles in a 2D style to a good degree of success, while still retaining a foot-soldier element. Granted, they aren't infantry-centric, but I should like to think that they are examples of a way in which Soldat could be made to include vehicles.

The two games are:

Armor Alley (a game originally from the Mac, by Information Access Software Technologies, which is now defunct)
[URL]

Triplane Turmoil (classic triplane game from Finland, by Dodekaedron Software Creations Inc.)
[URL]

PS - I am not suggesting vehicles, just saying it might be possible.

Judge_Man
December 17, 2004, 5:05 am
Indeed, it could be possible, but it would not fit AT ALL in soldat. Maps are too small: put 2 vehicles in a map and it would total chaos + people would start complaining about vehicles " there are too pawerful, BLahBlahBLah". We don't need that IMO.

Marine
December 17, 2004, 5:20 am
The first one seems more like an RTS, and the second seems more like an airplane game, which there are plenty of 2D flight games out there.

Anyway, vehicles in Soldat would rock but I don't think we're ready for them at this stage. Like Judge siad, the maps are to small and most of the maps require a bit of flying around to really get anywhere. A tank with jets doesn't fit right.....

And the noobs would just all horde the vehicles and it'd turn into another TankWar game.

The stat gun is the closest you're going to get to vehicles at this time.

But who knows, Micheal may surprise us someday.

Keron Cyst
December 17, 2004, 6:16 am
The maps could be size-increased. Heck, look at CTF_b2b! Just make a huge, relatively hilly plain that large and it will not be complete pandemonium ;-)

Elephant_Hunter
December 17, 2004, 6:23 am
I agree that our maps are too small, even without vehicles.

Deleted User
December 17, 2004, 10:30 am
Maybe there could be another game type (LOTS of coding, but put that aside); namely Vehicle match/game. Or so. Huuuge maps, not too fancy, and drivable vehicles. Just a suggestion...

m00`
December 17, 2004, 10:39 am
okey well think about this..................

can the cars fly? how will they turn side to side? wouldnt it look stupid? wouldnt they get stuck a lot?
I hope you changed ur mind about vechiles now ;/

koil
December 17, 2004, 10:52 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`
can the cars fly?

if they would, they would be 'airplanes', and not vehicles. duh.

how will they turn side to side?

one solution, is to make a mirror ending.
(x)(x) (x)(x)

wouldnt it look stupid?

and i assume, flying 8pixels characters that fights with chainsaw's doesnt?

wouldnt they get stuck a lot?

doesnt the soldat's gets stuck a lot too? (does the word polybug sounds familiar to you?)

I hope you too.

m00`
December 17, 2004, 11:34 am
quote:Originally posted by koilquote:Originally posted by m00`
can the cars fly?

(x)(x) (x)(x)

wouldnt it look stupid?

doesnt the soldat's gets stuck a lot too? (does the word polybug sounds familiar to you?)

I hope you too.

1)koil ur being stupid, no offence, flyign vechiles wouldnt even fit into soldat, the maps are too small, and its too late to make all the maps big now, their fine.

2)dunno what u mean by mirror ending

3)thats not what i meant, the "airplanes" that u want in soldat would have to be big enough for it to look as if a soldier can even fit there, the plane would be so big there would be no point of even flying it around. and imagine all the hard work michal would have to do to make it look good. or do u want it to have no animatiosn what so ever? just to be one image flying around with nothing to make it look good.

4)Yes soldats get stuck too but aeroplanes and cars and jeeps would get stuck even more.

5)Hopefully now you understand what im saying

koil
December 17, 2004, 12:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by m00`quote:Originally posted by koilquote:Originally posted by m00`
can the cars fly?

(x)(x) (x)(x)

wouldnt it look stupid?

I hope you too.

1)koil ur being stupid, no offence, flyign vechiles wouldnt even fit into soldat, the maps are too small, and its too late to make all the maps big now, their fine.

2)dunno what u mean by mirror ending

3)thats not what i meant, the "airplanes" that u want in soldat would have to be big enough for it to look as if a soldier can even fit there, the plane would be so big there would be no point of even flying it around. and imagine all the hard work michal would have to do to make it look good. or do u want it to have no animatiosn what so ever? just to be one image flying around with nothing to make it look good.

4)Yes soldats get stuck too but aeroplanes and cars and jeeps would get stuck even more.

5)Hopefully now you understand what im saying

ugh. why the hell do you think i want 'air planes'?
ugh. you asked 'will the vehicles fly?', so i answerd 'if they could fly, they will be air planes, and not vehicles.
ugh. just... ugh.

stop being impulsive, and rtfp again. -_-

m00`
December 17, 2004, 12:37 pm
quote:ugh. why the hell do you think i want 'air planes'?
Because your defending this topic..

Shoudlnt this topic be in general discussions since its not a suggestion for the game?

Michal Marcinkowski
December 17, 2004, 2:14 pm
Triplane Turmoil is a very good game. It's got even little soldiers. Too bad you can't walk one of them. Planes are an easy issue, cars would look stupid that way. I'll check out Armor Alley.

KeFear
December 17, 2004, 2:21 pm
Anyone who wants vehicles in soldat lost his mind... Did you ever think about how vehicles would look in soldat? I think you never even thought about it, just said "Hey, vehicles, cool, ehe".
Vehicles don't fit into soldat.

Ask "moving" poligons, that is a better idea - still, it won't "fit in"

DeMonIc
December 17, 2004, 2:31 pm
Hmm..well I can imagine fast jet-like planes in soldat...

Jaz
December 17, 2004, 3:06 pm
ill start my vehicles only league i guess

C0nker
December 17, 2004, 3:06 pm
funny how people keep saying maps are too small when vehicles and be a game mode with maps made for it..think infiltration.

maps dont all have to have vehicles built into them, it's the mapper's choice.

vehicles would be cool, actually.. and it can have disadvantages like an overheating gun (stationary has that..)a limit on where you can shoot it, and they can be..i dunno, tanks with a turret in teh direct center of it that is like an AA gun, only that would mirror sides apon turning around, and the tank with it's physics based wheels would simply change direction.. people can ride ont eh side, or throw a grenade in, destroying it. think halo 2 and the covenant tanks

LazehBoi
December 17, 2004, 4:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by koilquote:Originally posted by m00`
can the cars fly?

wouldnt it look stupid?

1. Airplanes are vehicles. 1.2. They would actually be called ground vehicles with jets.

2. Not to everyone, no.

3. No, actually, they don't. Vehicles would get stuck alot more because they aren are bigger.

Ravey
December 17, 2004, 5:21 pm
Veichle specific maps is the best way to go. And handle tanks just like Metal Slug, when going backwards you just move the tank backwards and have the turret point towards the mouse. Could be interesting but it probably will never happen unless Soldat's source is released which if it ever is, will be a long time.

peemonkey
December 17, 2004, 5:50 pm
at least 32 vehicle posts taht ive seen since iver been here. stop this [IMAGE].

December 17, 2004, 6:00 pm
quote:I am not suggesting vehicles, just saying it might be possible.
If it's not a suggestion... Why is it in the suggestions forum?

Maluno
December 17, 2004, 9:09 pm
two words:

wont fit.

Liber_Lupus
December 17, 2004, 9:19 pm
Special huge vehicle maps. So players who do not wish to play with vehicles could play on servers with default maps.

JayBDey
December 17, 2004, 11:58 pm
I know it's trendy to join the band wagon and just dismiss the idea, buying into the group think may somehow validate your superficial opinion on the mater, but no one has really given a reason why they feel the way they do.

Hell, stat. guns were treated just as badly as this idea for the longest time and we still got them added eventually.

Unlucky 13
December 18, 2004, 3:12 am
I dunno about aeroplanes, they could easily smash a wall, and, without collision damage, wouldn't that look stupid?
By the way, any huge level on SW JK:JA that you spawn a x-wing or somming on you smash up. Only levels without walls that dun happen

Deleted User
December 18, 2004, 8:16 am
are the vehicles indestructable? they can't be, because that would put the driver at a ridiculously unfair advantage. so if you can destroy them, what happens to them? do they respawn? would they respawn randomly or at a specific spot on the map?

what is the point of having vehicles? do they have weapons? they would have to, otherwise it would be pretty much the same as moving without a vehicle, except it would be harder to maneuvere. if they have weapons, all they would be is stat guns with wheels.

if there were vehicles, there would most likely have to be another type of game mode (ctf, inf etc) with much larger maps, and vehicles in no other game mode. in it you could have your cars with guns, planes, mech suits whatever. it should be like a deathmatch with vehicles. this is the only way i can see vehicles working in soldat. but even like this i probably wouldn't support it, mainly because its something soldat doesn't need and i just don't like the idea of vehicles in soldat. that's my two cents.

Vijchtidoodah
December 18, 2004, 8:23 am
I don't like it very much, but if it was implemented they should be like the stat gun: you can shoot people out of it but you can't actually destroy the thing.

Oliver Stannus
December 18, 2004, 12:31 pm
Please remember that there is an instruction not to propose vehicles as a suggestion. Talking about how it might work is fine but don't whine about not having them, or The Higher Beings might see fit to lock the thread or warn you. I only brought this thread up because I realised that I had seen a couple of games which had soldat-style graphics and vehicles. I think quite a lot of soldat players would know Triplane Turmoil (maybe not English-speaking people), and I suggest any of you to download it and see how it works.

Deleted User
December 18, 2004, 1:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by broken_gerbil...if there were vehicles, there would most likely have to be another type of game mode (ctf, inf etc) with much larger maps, and vehicles in no other game mode. in it you could have your cars with guns, planes, mech suits whatever. it should be like a deathmatch with vehicles. ...

That's what I meant.
And about the vehicles being too big; make the maps larger too.
Oh, about the planes: not a good idea. Maybe some ufo-thingies, but a plane would need a takeoff pad...

Hitman
December 18, 2004, 1:41 pm
Wow, you're leik...totally breakin' the sig rules!

Whatever.

Chakra
December 18, 2004, 2:32 pm
Well, as we've all discovered, it depends on alot of things. Jet planes in something like Laos is clearly stupid.

Vehicles is far too broad a term for what could be offered.

Helicopters that carry people, where the 2nd to board gets to be gunner?
A pilotable submarine that navigates past deadly underwater mines? (bad-to-touch polygons)
Harrier planes on a very large inf map, vs tanks with second gunners to work the turrets, all in hope to clear the path for a jeep carrying soldats to the enemy base to steal the flag?

Or how about..

sliding across wires to avoid dangerous terrain.
platforms that rise and fall in an odd deathmatch or inf game with the flag at the top of a tall map.
hovercrafts to transport across sea.
motorbikes with jump-jets (..why not?) on stupid stunt-like deathmatch arenas.
bloody star trek teleporters.
chairs with wheels for office-style deathmatch.
Chocobos.
rollerscates while being pulled by 10 puppies on leashes.
giant mech warrior gundam jap things.
elephants.
trams.
dinosaurs!
bicycles. *ring ring*
cannons.
buses.

We can't have all of them, so instead of saying vehicles, how about some 'kind' of vehicle. Would we like mass-transportation, like a car or some flying floating 'thing'? or bigass tanks that can take a few law's and barrets (armour probably illustrated like a BP vest) before crumbling?

I'd welcome any vehicle anyhow. What with being 'old' and having wasted much time on C64's and Atari ST's, I know that 2D games can well support vehicles that do all sorts of tricks. So less of that arguement. What kind of impact would it have on soldat? well only a fool would add a vehicle to today's small maps, so imagine soldat with a bit more 'space' before we dare criticise.

zoldat
December 18, 2004, 2:46 pm
make a vehicles mode then

Liber_Lupus
December 18, 2004, 7:47 pm
Why do so many reject it....I mean it woulnt be a problem if we could make NEW maps for vehicles. Huge maps. Current maps would stay clear of vehicles. Vehicles would get damage and can shoot. If your vehicle get destroyed you will lose some percentage of your health. If a vehicle gets shot down, new vehicle respans back at base.

Michal
December 18, 2004, 10:38 pm
quote:Soldat is a unique side-view multiplayer action game. It takes the best from games like Liero, Worms, Quake and Counter-Strike and gives you fast action gameplay with tons of blood and flesh. Soldiers fight against each other on 2D battle arenas using a deadly military arsenal. This is what multiplayer was invented for.

Adding vehicles would change the whole playing style of Soldat, I'm not saying this would be entirely bad but it's just not suitable to the playing style of Soldat now.

Maps would need wide horizontal expanses to fit vehicles, and you could forget maps made up of little islands.

Something like a mobile statgun that could be moved backwards and forwards might work, but it would have to be placed in a specific map and would have to have many restrictions.

I am in favour of changing Soldat from a Quake type deathmatch game to a more tactical military type game, which could include limited types of vehicles. But this would require much change and may end up ruining Soldat. So as always, I trust Marcinkowski to do what is best.

Vijchtidoodah
December 18, 2004, 10:40 pm
If the maps were huge, then if you didn't have a vehicle you would have the worst time ever.

Liber_Lupus
December 18, 2004, 10:48 pm
We could try...if we don't like it we pay 100$ and m9ichal could remove it.

Deleted User
December 19, 2004, 1:30 am
quote:Originally posted by ChakraHelicopters that carry people, where the 2nd to board gets to be gunner?

but who want to be the pilot when you could be getting kills? i think if it were this way a vehicle mode would have to have an alternative objective, besides scoring kills, and it couldnt just be a deathmatch sorta thing because you'd need cooperation between players.

but i was thinking maybe the pilot/driver/navigator and gunner/bomber/torpedo fella could share kills, so when the pilot runs over a soldat the gunner gets a kill aswell, and vice versa with the gunner. the problem with this is the driver could do nothing but get alota kills from the gunner. so this probably wouldnt work.

anyone else got any ideas?

Oliver Stannus
December 19, 2004, 1:32 am
Yes I hear some very good ideas being out forward here (especially the Chocobo, just kidding).

I also thought of the classic game Joust - which has God-only-knows-how-many clones made of it in the last couple of decades. Joust used a 2D island-like map like soldat (i.e. not large expanse of flat terrain) and the soldiers were mounted and ran around jumping between the platforms.

As much as I would like to see the tactical implementation of vehicles - it is not our choice whether or not this happens.

Coolfox
December 19, 2004, 5:20 am
it will fit... what's the [IMAGE]ing problem
just add flat maps and ramps and make the cars smaller

DeMonIc
December 19, 2004, 10:06 am
Hmm, well here's what I tought of.

Imagine a not very lifelike little jet plane, (sorta like ut2004) which takes off like a helicopter.It's small, and it's basically a super power up for the player.
The impact would be that the entire team races to it's jet, so it can dissamble the other team in a matter of seconds...or get caught in a dog fight with the other team's jet.
A carrier..kind of big, it carries soldats, who can still shoot with their weapons, and only one player would be the driver.(don't tell me who'd want to drive if you can get kills...play squish the soldat!)
That would be something funny to see: like 5 red players zooming through the map, jumping out above the enemy base, grabbing the flag, while the carrier takes a turn, and picks the survivers up...
Land vehicles, (transports, tanks, and anything else you can think of..) would require flat maps no doubt.That would be funny: an entire team trying to dodge the maniac enemy playing Carmageddon on the battlefield.
If anything, vehicles would be hard to implement, and un doubtably, maps with Vehicles would be very very very very popular.

KeFear
December 19, 2004, 11:32 am
I doubt they would be very popular...
Soldat is just.. not Carmageddon.. neither ut2004 or any other game. (well, worms quake or cs don't have vehicles either)

Flat maps -> barret and law would rule. i don't see any sense of it. That is just not Soldat.

Or what about an open space, without land, and every player would have a flying saucer (just a flying pad or something) - a small piece of manoeuverable "land". I can immagine that more like tanks and airplanes.

Deleted User
December 19, 2004, 12:31 pm
That Carmageddon thing: you forget the fact that Soldats can fly using their boots.
LAW/Barret issue: make either ramps, or think of the thing that gravity pulls the bullets down.
It'd be quite cool to have a transport plane (supported by a F-16 or sumfin') and Soldats jump out at a certain point, WITH a parachute.
Oh, and I think that if the vehicle's destroyed, that the driver is instanly dead also, and both respawn in the player's base. :)

Tomullus
December 19, 2004, 1:23 pm
Maybe vehicles on rails would be better. There would be some rails on flat the ground or hanging in the air(like a mountain lorry). It'd have a stationary gun on it. The player wouldn't be able to go wherewer he wants, but where Michael will let him. And it wouldn't get stuck so much as it would be attached to it's only available path.

Oliver Stannus
December 19, 2004, 1:59 pm
Very good idea Tomullus. I didn't think of it myself. Such vehicles solve the limit problems, and they would be very easy to operate, and have no accidents.

Many weapons in war were mounted on trains or track systems. It would make for a very good combat system, I think.

You Polish people are very good at creating new ideas.

Alamo
December 19, 2004, 2:47 pm
Off Topic: Hugoku... ARE YOU [IMAGE]ING NUTS? You have 5 images in your signature, 4 are animated and they total to a size of nearly 1 MB... You are allowed 1 non-animated image with a size of 20kb... There are modem users in this forum...

They are ugly too :(

Deleted User
December 19, 2004, 5:18 pm
Well, sorry. I already edited them. (e.g. the sig)
Just put my standard one down... I usually take away some if it's too long, but there were no major restrictions here...
EDIT: is it a habit here to swear instead of asking?

Liber_Lupus
December 19, 2004, 7:51 pm
Is it a habit not reading the forum rules and then breaking them?
I can imagine vehicles in soldat. Michal, is your answer still no?

KeFear
December 19, 2004, 8:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by TomullusMaybe vehicles on rails would be better. There would be some rails on flat the ground or hanging in the air(like a mountain lorry). It'd have a stationary gun on it. The player wouldn't be able to go wherewer he wants, but where Michael will let him. And it wouldn't get stuck so much as it would be attached to it's only available path.

Oh yes, like this would be the moving poligon thing, i think i suggested it before (or at least i wanted) and it got a concurdant NO!

If moving poligons were implemented, map makers would have much more possibilities! And it would make soldat a better - but surely more complex game. Think of those single player maps, like the climbing ones.

Tomullus
December 20, 2004, 3:38 pm
Yeah but moving poligons would really complicate the game and imagine the bugs.

Deleted User
December 20, 2004, 4:05 pm
Moving polygons... that'll probably raise the system requirements... and I have only a 700MHz 64MB crappy Pentium 3...
yea, and the bugs'd be a problem too.

m00`
December 20, 2004, 11:16 pm
can u guys stop posting in this thread beyond this line, vechiles are not gonna happen!

---------------------------------------------------------------

bornacorn
December 21, 2004, 11:31 pm
Despite what most people reply to these threads, Vehicles seems to be one of the most requested feature around.

Ideas for vehicles I think would be a Humvee, thats it. you aim with the mouse, and drive around with the arrow keys. All it would be is a moving vehicle with a stat gun on top. (50. cal)

If you want to go further, the Harrier VTOL would be a good idea. another stat gun, and manouvers like the jet boot things.

Keron Cyst
December 21, 2004, 11:45 pm
All I would want is a Tank, but it appears that moving polygons are impossible to implement {:-o About effort... it's worth it B-)

Gen0cide
December 22, 2004, 2:17 am
Why not just give up on vehicles??????I mean if you like soldat enough to keep playing it,why not just play it they way it is???Vehicles would destroy the whole idea of soldat,a 2d multiplayer game that you have a soldier in a battle field/arena and go against other players ON FOOT
Soldat means soldier,not hover powered jet vehicle.

Crazed
December 23, 2004, 7:35 pm
that armor ally game is actually kinda fun

CamBot
December 23, 2004, 8:19 pm
I can imagine a bunch of soldats get raided by a WW2 style plane :D Rockets would be used more often then also.
Planes should have a height limit, if you go out you die. Planes should also have a set number of bullets also so people wouldn't stay in one the whole game and then you would be forced to jump out orsomething like that. I don't see tanks happening though.

Maybe only computers can use them?
Or they're automated like every 2 minutes a couple planes fly by and drop bombs. Like in WW2 they killed some allies like that.

Maybe, but the cool part would be how we hacked them and change their images and whatnot.

MyCatOwnz
December 23, 2004, 10:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by RaveyVeichle specific maps is the best way to go. And handle tanks just like Metal Slug, when going backwards you just move the tank backwards and have the turret point towards the mouse. Could be interesting but it probably will never happen unless Soldat's source is released which if it ever is, will be a long time.

There is a very very simple way to get Michal to release Soldat's source code. Admittedly hard, but simple at least.
1. Get ahold of $21 million
2. Go track down Michal to his house.
3. Spend $1 million on hookers, beer and pork rinds.
4. Show up at Michal's house. Offer him $20 million plus the beer, hookers and pork rinds in return for the source code.

I guarantee you'd have the source code available within 1 hour of completing stage 4.

quote:[i]Something like a mobile statgun that could be moved backwards and forwards might work, but it would have to be placed in a specific map and would have to have many restrictions.
Now that's exactly what I was thinking. How about a statgun that, when in use, causes the player's left/right keys to move the statgun directly left or right as well as one small group of polygons beneath it? Then mapmakers could build a small "vehicle" out of polygons with a statgun on it for a combined turret/pilot's seat. Thing is, this way you wouldn't have issues with vehicle indestructibility because firstly any such problem would be a map bug rather than a game bug and secondly because, just like the statguns, the vehicle will only be as indestructible as the person sitting in the pilot's seat. By causing the vehicle to move exclusively horizontally a lot of polygon clipping issues would be instantly resolved (except for people getting crushed between walls and vehicle, but I'm sure a way could be found around that such as giving the vehicle set bounds for its movement) and it'd also be less buggy and easier to program in.

Oliver Stannus
December 29, 2004, 5:18 am
My personal opinion is that "polygon" vehicles just wouldn't work. I'm sure that the Soldat map making system is just not meant to be abused like that. Try thinking about reasons why Michal didn't make the soldiers out of polygons - then think about how he could implement simple gfx to make vehicles akin to soldiers.

Toumaz
December 29, 2004, 9:07 am
Moving polygons wouldn't work so well - graphics would be the best choice.

I also know another game with vehicles - http://rekryt.cjb.net

Dr.Feelgood
August 4, 2005, 11:35 am
Have you guys ever played Elastomania or taso.
Its a shame that taso doesnt work on xp, but heres elastomania.
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/balazs/elma.exe

Play elastomania, and youll see how ground vehicles could be done and how do they change direction. (allthough it would look little stupid but its worth of trying if this is goin to end up in next soldat version)

Taso...its like Triplane, from finland too, but there you can walk with those little dudes on the ground and make suicide attack.

Oliver Stannus
August 4, 2005, 12:40 pm
I have played elastomania, it has a nice physics engine. It is very fun to play, and has a nice polygon map system.

As for Taso, I must admit I haven't had the chance to play it. I am running XP, so I won't bother downloading it, though I would like to have a look at screenshots.

By the way, how did you bring this topic back to life? It's been dead for months. I'm sort of glad people stopped making suggestions about vehicles. As much as I would like them introduced, I think people should realise that they might not fit into THIS game.

PS - If anyone wants to move this out of the suggestions folder, please feel free; in hindsight, it doesn't really fit here.

Zegovia
August 4, 2005, 2:31 pm
I think the biggest problem would be making the vehicels turn around, perhaps a short turning animation.

The vehicles doesnt have to be big though, see at the soldat soldiers, they are Small yes, and a buggy with a two man seat and gunner wouldnt take so much space. a tank is in reality driven by four to five people (i think.), but in games like ut2004 there is only two seats, one driver that can drive and use the main cannon and one machinegunner that uses the machinegun mounted on top. One man vehicles could be like as told earlier, bikes (there could be ramps where you can get the bike to higher ground) but also one man cars/buggys (same thing with the ramps there) or special Hovercraft's (like the manta in ut2004). airplanes should have only one seat and helicopters should then maybe have a pilot seat and three passenger and a gunner (the pilot should get points when the gunner gets kills.).

Green Barret
August 4, 2005, 2:44 pm
Guys, have you ever thought about balancing issues?

Oh yes it would be fine riding a vehicle, mowing down soldats. And it's possible if MM wants to implement it.

But why do people oppose? Do you think people who ask to stop posting vehicle suggestions don't like them?

Balance issues. Adding even a simple motorcycle would radicaly change Soldat's unique hand on hand gameplay. Really, if you don't like it, leave! Have you seen Selfkill's second interview with MM? Stop it already!

Now, have you played any of the Battlefield series? Although I don't like dragging other games in here, if you've played it, you'll find out how it is with vehicles.

With vehicles having more strength, speed and power than infantry and constantly spawning, players on foot are up for road kill. Unless in a building or some kind or dense cover, it's pretty hopeless firing your rifle at a incoming 20 ton tank spewing machine gun fire everywhere.

So you might choose an anti tank role. Well that makes other weapons pretty useless. Oh wait. You might as well pick up a sniper rifle and quietly drop the already desperate men out there from an absurd distance. Wow! What great gameplay is that?

Yeah, you can make balance vehicles with the weapons so that even a puny pistol can make noticable damage on vehicles. Or add just a bike or something that allows you to go faster but not being able to use your weapon(s). However, vehicles of your descriptions(tanks, jets, other overpowered objects of imagination) are not going to happen.

PS: By the way, the funny thing about this topic is that it is supposedly not another vehicle suggestion(look at the name) yet people are posting exactly that.

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 2:54 pm
Guys, leave it as it is...
...I think NECRO-TOPICers don't fit this problem.
If MM want vehicles, he will do them...

THE END

Oliver Stannus
August 4, 2005, 2:54 pm
Yes, I know that people are posting about vehicle suggestions here. I didn't intend that. It is more as if I meant to suggest that MM or some people in the community see that there are other games similar to Soldat with 2D vehicles. Personally, I wish they didn't post more vehicle suggestions here, though I can't really fault the discussion (or counter-discussion).

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 3:06 pm
Agrees with Dairy

numgun
August 4, 2005, 5:32 pm
u guys ever played halo? even if the vehicle like warthog (jeep with a turret) would get, lets say upside down u can always come to it and flip it over... and 2nd: if there would be a player on a vehicle, how kill him? simple: bullets fly through vehicle and hit the player! also! any one know elasto mania? good 2d motorbike simulator (check it out thru google!) there u have one solution for ground vechiles. and in metal slug u can JUMP with vehicles! thats a way getting away if ur stuck!

think about it b1tches!

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 6:33 pm
i believe there should be small Jet planes with autos on them

The Geologist
August 4, 2005, 6:40 pm
Don't you fools know anything? No vehicles in Soldat!!

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=25890

Oliver Stannus
August 5, 2005, 7:14 am
I know, that's why I asked people not to suggest them. I was just glad for Michal to acknowledge that some games like Soldat DO have vehicles.

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 10:44 am
im glad you acknowledged that itll never happen so dont try