( search forums )
CTF Facing Worlds ][ - UT Conversion
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
josheat
December 18, 2004, 4:53 am
This is my secong go at making a soldat map. This time its a conversion from a famous map from Unreal Tournament. Facing World ][. I tried to capture its genious wothout destroying originality.
UT Screen: [IMAGE]

Here are my map screens:
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

And the Wireframe:
[IMAGE]

http://members.optusnet.com.au/josheat/maps/face%5D%5B.zip

This is my second go at making a map,
Comments appreciated!

[edit] 1 bit of scenery was neglected - fixed that

peemonkey
December 18, 2004, 5:05 am
looks pretty well done. ill give this one a 9/11...dunno bout gameplay, but it looks like people are going to camp, which means people are going to [IMAGE], but i likes it.s

josheat
December 18, 2004, 5:06 am
thanks peemonkey, but as i remember face 2 was alot about those snipers everywhere. But this is soldat, so if u ban the barret u shouldnt have a problem i guess :p

Skate4Razors
December 18, 2004, 5:34 am
I agree with Peeminkey, man, it's an awesome map! Shading is really nice also. I'm gunna try this out, GOOD JOB!

josheat
December 18, 2004, 5:40 am
well thank you for the good reviews. Its holidays over here in aus, so im going to be making more maps. i wont do many conversions unless i think the map is really good and has potential to actually be a soldat map. Thanks for the support!

Rambo_6
December 18, 2004, 5:53 am
Good, fresh idea :)

Cookie.
December 18, 2004, 5:56 am
I was just playing some UT before coming here!!! ^_________^
How to beat last bost Xan I clean sweeped everything before but Xan is teh pwn like he gets stronger the more i kill :| and then wins

9/10 for map tis cool wireframe screenshots prawn ;)

josheat
December 18, 2004, 6:00 am
hehe thanks guys, i like your mods that you make Rambo, australia pwnz you...

Rambo_6
December 18, 2004, 6:34 am
I played some autralian guys on xbox live today :p

Funneh accents :)

josheat
December 18, 2004, 6:52 am
lol, if you say so!

Deleted User
December 18, 2004, 11:41 pm
Darker background would do wonders.

josheat
December 19, 2004, 1:19 am
the background is pretty dark, but ill see if it looks any better with a darker one. thx for the commnent

SilencedAsshole
December 19, 2004, 4:40 am
This is not Face. 0/10 Points. [IMAGE].

SilencedAsshole
December 19, 2004, 4:41 am
The Picture on the top looks like face but the picture below it looks like a who.re. Bitc.h! 0/10 Points.

josheat
December 19, 2004, 4:43 am
are you an idiot? Its not supposed to be face. its supposed to be face2. Have you ever played it? do you know what unreal tournament is? do you know how to edit your own post's?

N1nj@
December 19, 2004, 4:47 am
seems like another spurg is in the house

josheat
December 19, 2004, 4:52 am
i hope this thread doesnt get locked because of him.

Unlucky 13
December 19, 2004, 5:14 am
Oh well, nice map josheat, 9/10 for replication, 10/10 for looks. I played this on UT:GotY that my brother got, and it pwns, although the Shock Rifle does as well on this.
D/l

frogboy
December 19, 2004, 5:28 am
quote:Originally posted by SilencedAssholeThe Picture on the top looks like face but the picture below it looks like a who.re. Bitc.h! 0/10 Points.

Please be silenced.

Well, the map's very good, considering it's only a second try. x/10

josheat
December 19, 2004, 9:36 am
thanks, the map that im thinking of doing next has a bit of scenery, but is still practicle. Hopefully i can get it done soon, keep you posted

DeMonIc
December 19, 2004, 12:50 pm
Dl is tricky, I'm gonna try it, and afterwich I'll say something about it.

EDIT: The map is very good, I misjudged it when I tought low poly count = bad map.It's really good.However I didn't like the space fogs, but guess that's subjective :) And it could use some darker low colours, like grey(up)-black(down).

josheat
December 19, 2004, 3:37 pm
hmm, i tested the darker background out and found it did look cooler. Thanks for the advice.

If you have a look at the UT screen, the background has a HUGE earth pic that takes up half the background level. i wanted to do that but you can imagine the bmp file size.

DeMonIc
December 19, 2004, 8:20 pm
I'll tell you a secret: you use a (somewhat) small earth.bmp and resize it in the mapmaker :)

KeFear
December 19, 2004, 9:26 pm
My clanmate did a Face map before. Well, it doesn't look the same as this, but it is similar indeed. And there are some planet graphics in it.

Alamo
December 19, 2004, 10:52 pm
i really don't like the looks of it. the background is ugly... and the rest does not look very special either. the gameplay may be good ( I didn't play the map ) but I think the rest is simply ugly...

SilencedAsshole
December 19, 2004, 11:46 pm
Oh if its Face 2 then Im sorry. I never played 2003. But u really shoold put the earth in.

SilencedAsshole
December 19, 2004, 11:47 pm
And do the Deck16 after that :-)

josheat
December 20, 2004, 12:37 am
every man to his own alamo :p
Yeah it is face 2. hence the ][. Nah its not in 2003, it is actualy in the normal UT, but could only be the the GOTY edition? have a look at your maps again.

Hitman
December 20, 2004, 12:49 am
SilencedAsshole, instead of being an....asshole (roflomgwtf, comedy genius right there!), try and be nice. Even if you would have been right, it doesn't mean the map sucks.

People can be wrong now and then, but the fact you were an asshole about it just makes you look like a [IMAGE]head now.

Nice going.

Nice map, Josheat. Although I haven't played Unreal Tournament, I can tell from the screenshot(s) that it's a good conversion.

Good job.

Unlucky 13
December 20, 2004, 2:58 am
quote:Originally posted by josheatevery man to his own alamo :p
Yeah it is face 2. hence the ][. Nah its not in 2003, it is actualy in the normal UT, but could only be the the GOTY edition? have a look at your maps again.

[purple]You can download it from the official UT: GotY website, but I am not sure if the maps work there.
Anyway, for gameplay its a 9 as this map (as said before) is sniper-friendly, but it is CTF so it aint no big deal.
GJ ALL THA SAME!

josheat
December 20, 2004, 5:06 am
I have come to this conclusion, the conversion was a complete success :P
yay!

quote:Originally posted by SilencedAssholeAnd do the Deck16 after that :-)

Deck16 is not convertable, its too big and just wont make the cut to 2d.

CamBot
December 24, 2004, 6:27 am
Link doesn't work for me...

Droopy
December 24, 2004, 11:49 am
Joly good map! COuld done a bit more with the shading, but the gameplay, scenery and a sexy look make this map a classic. Good work! [8/10]

shrimp
December 26, 2004, 2:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by SilencedAssholeThe Picture on the top looks like face but the picture below it looks like a who.re. Bitc.h! 0/10 Points.

Woah, some admin, ban this guy!

shrimp
December 26, 2004, 2:36 pm
Forgot: Nice map :D ! I've always been a good fan of facing worlds.

nige111
January 28, 2005, 3:19 pm
;'( i cant dl it, plz get a working link cos i really wanna try it out and score some headshots :p