( search forums )
Face and Junkyard (2 new maps)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
JTG2003
December 18, 2004, 5:27 am
I have yet to make a map I truely like, but I figure I'll post the maps I've done.

(screenshot/download included with link)

This first one, Face, looks much better than it plays. It's overlal too small of a level and theres really nothing fun about it. It just looks pretty.
[URL]

This second one I actually like. It's still in it's earlier stages of devolopment, but It's coming along nicely. Basically, its just an extremely cluttered atmosphere with some sensability thrown in. It plays well with a small amount of people (2-4).

http://www.angelfire.com/hero/jtg2003/junkyardmap.html

Feedback requested.

Thanks, Jeremy

Skate4Razors
December 18, 2004, 5:31 am
The first one is pretty good, it has some potential. Maybe some more rounding, and toher stuff. Maybe some more shading would be good, but there is a lot already in it. Hmm... I like it!

The second one is just... Not good at all. It has too much scenery, and looks... dumb. :/

josheat
December 18, 2004, 5:32 am
the first one i like, it has nice shading and nice work with the scenery. 7/10
The other one i think is too cluttered, but an alright concept 5/10

keep it up!

_Mancer_
December 18, 2004, 5:49 am
Junkyard is cool ;O

Rambo_6
December 18, 2004, 5:56 am
The Second one is original, but crappily done :O

Shading, people!

JTG2003
December 18, 2004, 6:23 pm
Do you often see a junkyard with colors everywhere? If you do, you live in a strange place. The second is SUPPOSED to be cluttered..thats the point. Random things to hide behind, and as I said it's in an early stage. You want shading, look at the first map.

I'm honestly suprised anyone liked the first..I don't o.O