( search forums )
1st time mapper inf_beachhead
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
ToNyBaLoNy
December 18, 2004, 6:41 am
Well i was inspired by inf invasion, i tried to do my best to try to get the desire map i wanted, there's still some things i need to fix but i don't know how, there's like poly in the map and ic an't get rid of it. Well here's some screenies. And anyone know how i can host a link to dl it?? cuz im new :)

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Edited: forgot overview pic

[IMAGE]

Vijchtidoodah
December 18, 2004, 6:44 am
llsc.com

They'll let you upload whatever. Good job on your first map, by the way, but perhaps you should wait to show everyone until you gain some experience first.

josheat
December 18, 2004, 6:56 am
ive played on this map before, its quite fun to play on. but the shdaing isnt very good

Jap_man
December 18, 2004, 7:27 am
yea, the map looks alright, but goddamnit it needs to be shaded.

josheat
December 18, 2004, 7:35 am
im up for a challenge, i might give it a try, when i can actually download the map!

_Mancer_
December 18, 2004, 3:50 pm
Nice for a first map! Try to cohere the shading. Example: Putting yellow colored sides next to yellow colored sidez, and white colored sides to white colored sides.

7/10

Skate4Razors
December 18, 2004, 5:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by ToNyBaLoNyThere's like poly in the map and ic an't get rid of it.

Click on the poly, hit ctrl+right click, anf the polly should be deleted. By the way, nice map for a first!

ToNyBaLoNy
December 18, 2004, 6:07 pm
thanks, i really don't kno how to shade very well x]

atm im trying to like get all the files into a zip folder to like make a dl link

but i don't know which things i need to put in it

Rambo_6
December 18, 2004, 8:21 pm
I like the scenery, the map is okay too, but shade better :x

Edit: is that my barbwire scenery u used? Hawt sechs! :p

Deleted User
December 18, 2004, 8:55 pm
7/10.
Shade it, and it will be 10/10.

The Geologist
December 18, 2004, 9:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by ToNyBaLoNy there's like poly in the map and ic an't get rid of it.

In addition to what skate says, I know another way to get around this problem. Can you not even select the poly in question to delete it? If so, compile your map and then try clicking the poly...you should be able to select it and delete it now.

On topic: Map looks good...as other said, the shading could use some work, but it should be pretty easy since you can clearly see the polys. In addition to this, I recomemnd cleaning up some of your colliders..they look a little jumbeled and messy. Otherwise, a very interesting map, especially with the chopper, lol. Good job.

Sprocket
December 18, 2004, 9:55 pm
use the same color on al the vertice's and its will be 6\10..