( search forums )
Hockey
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Darac
January 19, 2003, 9:28 am
i decided to merge my two favorite things together!
-Soldat, and most of all Ice Hockey (NHL) [:D]

so i made a map, a very quick map (20 minutes) that doesnt look anything like a hockey rink. you might be wondering why i did this... well just go and play it! its sooooo god damn fun!!!! well for me at least.

so just cause this map isnt all fangled up with sceneries and well anything, dont think that means im not a good mapper ;)

anyway what you do is get the other teams flag which starts in your goal, into the other teams goal with your flag in it... sounds sort of easy right? well then add 4 bots on your team and 5 on the other, and now one team has to get the other teams flag and there flag into one net! not quite 1 puck like in hockey but... its the best i could do.

-Screen shot-
Download Attachment: Hockey.jpg
-Map-
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] ctf_Hockey.zip

Flanagan
January 19, 2003, 9:25 pm
How High? No offence, but your maps seam to suck. Wait, I haven't seen you make any.

It is an incredibally original concept. Accept it. Maps don't have to look good to be good. Look at the mapping contest, and BHedL's map which got 2nd place.

Don't bash things just because they don't fit your norm.

Darac
January 19, 2003, 9:37 pm
lol, i even told you it didnt look at all good, and that i made it in 20 mins and yet.... sigh. oh well. at least i think its fun, probably cause i like hockey so much.... even though its not a lot like hockey... BAH!

Flanagan
January 19, 2003, 9:49 pm
People are assholes :)

It isn't much in looks department, but with 4 on 4 it is INSANE. It is one of those maps that is only fun for 5/10 minutes, but it is super fun.

Mossy
January 19, 2003, 10:18 pm
aawwww - I'm touched

High
January 19, 2003, 10:19 pm
Flanagan: you always get so piss off man...gez...

Darac: like improve it by not just using one colour...mayb you can add new stuff to it...make it like a "real" areana

Darac
January 19, 2003, 10:56 pm
high.... dont you get it... i didnt make it to look good, if i did i would have spent more than 20 mins on it, i would have added blue lines and face off circals, but im not going to because its a waste of time. if you really have that much of a problem, then do it your self, or dont play it! gees

Mossy
January 19, 2003, 11:08 pm
LOL

High
January 20, 2003, 2:28 am
Darac: if you did...it will look better...and more poeple would play it...

Darac
January 20, 2003, 9:43 am
i dont care if ppl play it or not, if i did i would make it better, lol

High
January 20, 2003, 9:24 pm
Darac: can you amke it better than and realease it again...i would do it myself if i know how to do...btw i tried to learn it...but it just doesnt come out great...

Psyl3ntShad0w
January 20, 2003, 9:34 pm
lol i did a map like this before...but totally on accident...lol it was a normal ctf and stuff...but i accidently switched the flags...it turned out pretty cool too...*looks for map*

Darac
January 20, 2003, 10:10 pm
im not going to make it look better and re-realease the map just for you high. i honestly dont think its worth it. i have better maps to work on. :)

Mossy
January 20, 2003, 10:35 pm
... well make one similar with the hole idea... Then you'll get better replies for you better work...!

Darac
January 21, 2003, 1:23 am
shakes head.... im not asking for good replies, im not asking for any at all, all i wanted to do was test a new idea i had.... i'v dont that now, and it seems that no matter how hard i try, i cant seem to get you ppl to understand that. so from now on, all i want to here is stuff along the lines of, "cool idea darac, im going to try something like this my self!"
or nothing at all.

oh and by the way, if your a fan of my maps (tree huts, and beavers) and think this is the only map iv made since beavers... well your in for a very nice suprise come the weekend :D

High
January 21, 2003, 2:34 am
Darac: cant wait for the weekend to come then...actually not...friday is my exams...NOOOO!

Darac
January 21, 2003, 3:44 am
iv been on holiday for about 2 and a half months! i love new zealands school system.. hehehe

High
January 21, 2003, 9:42 pm
Darac: ooo...okay then...so lucky man...

Flanagan
January 22, 2003, 6:06 pm
Piglet, He who laughs last...thinks slowest :) lol

Mercutio
January 22, 2003, 6:21 pm
This map owns.
Period.

Darac
January 22, 2003, 8:49 pm
lol, thanx mercutio

Evolution
February 22, 2003, 2:26 am