( search forums )
Talking
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
lastpatriot
December 19, 2004, 3:18 pm
I think that we should be able to type and shoot at the same time. Sometimes, you need to communicate while on the offensive, but no, you have to stop and type, while you get sniped, or blown up. Since most people I know use the arrow keys to move, I think this could be done.

This way, when you are jumping off the ledge in ctf-kampf, you can scream "Viva la revolucion!", and take out the defenders at the same time. That is something I seem to enjoy doing...

Kazuki
December 19, 2004, 3:25 pm
There is something called a taunt list, which I'm not sure if you know about or not. ;D It's something that is used to communicate in a flash. To use a taunt, hold the Alt key and press any letter or number key. You can edit your taunts from the Taunts.txt file in your Soldat directory. However, in that notepad file, you can't tell which line is which letter, so you could make it easier by using Selfkill TauntEdit. Just load your Taunts.txt and click on the letter of the taunt you want to change. Click on Save File and you're done.

Note that if you're registered, your taunts.txt file will be in your Profile/(Name Here) directory. :)

Magniitude
December 19, 2004, 4:34 pm
Or if you are playing with a bunch of friends you can use teamspeak. http://www.download.com/TeamSpeak-Client/3000-2121_4-10266190.html?tag=lst-0-1

KeFear
December 19, 2004, 8:56 pm
Oh yeah, use some voice communication, or the taunts :) And i don't myself use the arrow keys for moving, the a-s-d-w is better for this purpose for me ;)

lastpatriot
December 19, 2004, 11:02 pm
Thanks, I didn't know about taunts.

Unlucky 13
December 20, 2004, 3:43 am
Maybe an animation or item above your head could indicate you are talking, and then they have no excuse to kill you!
But then, maybe they need to cut out te screen around the player so he couldn't see if a player passed and get outta chat to kill him, or pretend to chat and when the dude dont no it, he blasts him.