( search forums )
New Dimension: Jumpdown Platforms
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
SilencedAsshole
December 19, 2004, 11:52 pm
Michal, this is a must:

You know tthose platforms from various Jump and Run games (Mario Games). Platforms (Polygons) that can be jumped off without getting to their edge. by pressing DOWN + JUMP. Of course you must also be able to just jet through them from below. This would be a great improvement and Map Makers will be very happy.

What do you think?

Vijchtidoodah
December 19, 2004, 11:56 pm
That could add a very interesting aspect to gameplay.

Alamo
December 20, 2004, 12:03 am
no... not really. I couldn't really imagine this in Soldat. Soldat is too fast and to 'airbound' to use such a feature.

peemonkey
December 20, 2004, 12:13 am
1-WAY-POLYGONS STRIKE AGAIN!!!!

mipit
December 20, 2004, 12:16 am
i wanna have 1 shoot way polygon so i can put bots in little boxes and shoot em and they cant hurt me...

KeFear
December 20, 2004, 12:24 am
And i want singing poligons! And poligons i can dress up to what ever i want! And a pony! Yes! A poli-pony! Pretty please!

liquidis x snake
December 20, 2004, 12:32 am
KeFear, you are my hero.

Beren
December 20, 2004, 12:34 am
I like the idea, not that I know anything about anything, maybe it's impossible for some reason, but it seems reasonable to me.

Hitman
December 20, 2004, 12:41 am
quote:Originally posted by mipiti wanna have 1 shoot way polygon so i can put bots in little boxes and shoot em and they cant hurt me...
ROFL!

KeFear
December 20, 2004, 12:48 am
Oh and.. mipit. LOL Thats not a real problem, if anyone wants to do that, he could, but don't let me tell you how ;)

SilencedAsshole
December 20, 2004, 12:56 am
Alamo: Such Polygons donĀ“t make Soldat slower, they make it way faster, cause with those you can move through areas of the map quicker.

peemonkey
December 20, 2004, 1:45 am
it all always comes back to 1-way-polys.

Vijchtidoodah
December 20, 2004, 2:30 am
Peemonkey, we're talking about modified two-way polys, not one-way.

Vassili_Zaitsev
December 20, 2004, 2:42 am
it would make maps a hell of a lot esier to waypoint...god i h8 waypints grrrr

it would be funi if you lyke mad a silly map where u waypoint all the bots onto a tiny box which they can only go into...so you have a bunck of red bods in this comfined space, and then all teh blue bots come and they have this massivly bloodey fight-to-the-death...lol you could call is collaseum rofl

yea i like that idea...just sit back and whatch the fists fly...join in as well if ya really wanna!

you could make it with seats on eother side too like a proper colluseum...hey wait...that just gave me an idea for a normal map...gotta go!

Unlucky 13
December 20, 2004, 2:50 am
But then, wouldn't Soldat get confused? Considering that a polygon in the MapMkr is 3-sided, how will it know which way to allow through? I dunno, but it only works with rectangles with a definite edge. There would be bugs, like getting stuck in one, and people would hide in them.
Meh, if it was a line, I'd say yes
edit
forgot it again!

Vassili_Zaitsev
December 20, 2004, 3:03 am
yes like you could make a line that you place behind like bullets only collides polys which people could only go one-way through, you place it against the leading edge of the two (for example) polys that make up the rectangular platform...good idea unlucky

rambo_021
December 22, 2004, 10:26 pm
No offense to your idea or anything but i don't think that would be a good idea at all.

Alamo
December 22, 2004, 10:30 pm
I meant it's too fast to have quiet time to get to the ground and hop down. That's what I was talking about with 'airbound'. Most of the time you are in the air...

Tyrant
December 23, 2004, 12:53 am
quote:Originally posted by Vassili_Zaitsevit would make maps a hell of a lot esier to waypoint...god i h8 waypints grrrr

it would be funi if you lyke mad a silly map where u waypoint all the bots onto a tiny box which they can only go into...so you have a bunck of red bods in this comfined space, and then all teh blue bots come and they have this massivly bloodey fight-to-the-death...lol you could call is collaseum rofl

yea i like that idea...just sit back and whatch the fists fly...join in as well if ya really wanna!

you could make it with seats on eother side too like a proper colluseum...hey wait...that just gave me an idea for a normal map...gotta go!

Please discontinue your assault on the English language. Thanks.