( search forums )
Minimi killed the Kalashnikov Star
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
SilencedAsshole
December 20, 2004, 12:53 am
On previous versions I used to Rule the Soldiers with the AK 74 but since Minimi mutated to this overpowered Style ( 5 Shots to kill)
The AK became useless. Thats my opinion.

So all you AK lovers, what are your reasons for still using AK and not the Minimi?

BMF
December 20, 2004, 12:58 am
AK has more accuracy, and faster reload. It is more useful in most situations.

Is it like Uber cool now to put a picture of yourself with a cigarette in your mouth? Chakra I think you started it.
SilencedAsshole I think you are so awesome because you smoke. Smoking is so cool. LOL I am like so impressed. I especcially love that retarded look on your face.

BMF
December 20, 2004, 12:58 am
But back to the topic, AK is a better weapon IMO

Hitman
December 20, 2004, 12:59 am
I think that picture has inspired me to start smoking. BMF, will you join me?

Milkman Dan
December 20, 2004, 1:09 am
You do smoke hitman you stoner

liquidis x snake
December 20, 2004, 1:16 am
OMG BMF DOUBLE POST JOO R BRAKE FORUSM REWLS BAN BAN BAN

Cookie.
December 20, 2004, 1:26 am
Best topic name ever :) gave me a laugh

minimi prawns all :(

Skate4Razors
December 20, 2004, 1:27 am
The AK actually is better than the Minimi in my opinion. It shoots faster, and looks cool. :D

Cookie.
December 20, 2004, 1:29 am
I admit that the AK is cooler has nicer sounds, looks cool, etc etc
but minimi prawns it still hmm

BMF
December 20, 2004, 1:36 am
Hitman I haven't smoked in 4 days. I am holding out good, don't jinx me

by the way, who did you steal that avatar from?

Hitman
December 20, 2004, 1:38 am
Well, I was hoping it was going to make me as cool as the person who had a similar one, but then I realized he was gay, so it didn't really work.

Vassili_Zaitsev
December 20, 2004, 3:08 am
...yeah so...

i never really stick to one weapon, it limits your capabilities.

i think the ak is better, i like to keep moving and keep myself in a battle in constant combat, therfore i prefer a quicker laoding time. but when im hangign back or playing defencive, ill tkae the minimi anyday.

as for minimi killed the ak star, i think no.

but video killed the radio star :P

EDIT: SilencedAsshole, ur putting me off smoking with that pic.

Alamo
December 20, 2004, 1:01 pm
I use the Minimi a lot but yesterday I noticed that I can handle the Ak quite good too. The better aim and cool looks make its power equal to the one of the Minimi.

poyi19920624
December 20, 2004, 3:07 pm
"It is personal feeling, don't bother." I said with no mind on it.
"Fine, be that way, so be it!"

DT
December 20, 2004, 3:20 pm
uhg a mini beats a deagles... i hate that.
i got killed by it in 3 hits... but they were probly in the face

Melba
December 20, 2004, 8:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by BMFIs it like Uber cool now to put a picture of yourself with a cigarette in your mouth? Chakra I think you started it.
SilencedAsshole I think you are so awesome because you smoke. Smoking is so cool. LOL I am like so impressed. I especcially love that retarded look on your face.

actually i think SilencedAsshole started if himself, if you can call it that... Chakra followed

Chakra
December 20, 2004, 8:32 pm

for the record, I made my avatar just as he showed up. Was the only decent pic I had at the time to play around with, alright?

Besides I don't look like an irish pikey kid from the 80's >:|

BMF
December 20, 2004, 8:33 pm
Chakra don't worry I still think you are cool

Hitman
December 20, 2004, 9:45 pm
I like the title of the thread though, very imaginative..

/me hums "Video killed, the Radio Star.."

Alamo
December 20, 2004, 10:10 pm
oh... I didn't get that allusion...

SilencedAsshole
December 20, 2004, 11:39 pm
I did this picture when I had a grand hangover. It does not try to make me look cool, it´s just a drunken ass [IMAGE] that you see on the picture. Chakra: I first thought the one on the picture is one guy from East 17! You look smart, buddy!

Actually, the Minimi is not unaccurate. Its an other physics to handle with but it still is 80% as accurate as the AK but still it only needs 5 Shots to kill AND has an unlimited amount of bullets. Yes, the reload time forces you to either DIE or to get your arse to safety. When playing on 10+ ppl Server, I just empty the magazine and then get killed by some guy, so I don´t have to wait for reload, on short respawn time servers.

Bugs Revenge
December 21, 2004, 3:53 pm
So all you AK lovers, what are your reasons for still using AK and not the Minimi?
both r overpowered n lame.. :)

LazehBoi
December 21, 2004, 6:02 pm
I prefer the AK because it's less lame. That and I don't enjoy the general feel of the minimi.

Zero Wiggles Murasame
December 21, 2004, 9:24 pm
I like the AK cuz it was the first gun I ever used. and I always stay in the air, so BRING IT ON MINIMI USERS.

Spectral
December 21, 2004, 9:37 pm
minimi is an ugly looking gun

Michal
December 21, 2004, 10:08 pm
quote: minimi is an ugly looking gun
That's what mods are for >_<

I use a Pulemyot Kalashnikova ;D
[IMAGE]

Morik
December 21, 2004, 10:19 pm
I have been killed quite a few times with the ak in the hands of a good player. But i have used the mimi a few times and was very successful with it. I agree the mimi is better because you run into the enemy and die before the clip emptys, getting 2-3 kills in the process. but also defensivly it is a good weapon.

lieroguy
December 21, 2004, 10:31 pm
Hit-for-hit, I think that the Minimi can't afford to go civil with any other auto. It's rate of fire is fairly low, and it's damage is just average (less than the AK-74). It's advanatages are low recoil, high speed, and large magazine. An excellent defensive gun, especially when attacking multiple targets. But if I want to kill someone with a Minimi, I grab a Steyr (which is also very good at delivering some bink).

Oddly enough, I seem to be doing worse with the Minimi in this version. Last version, it was my favorite gun, hands down. But now I'm trying to find a new niche.

Michal
December 21, 2004, 11:51 pm
I'm split between Minimi and Aug, which one I choose depends on how quickly my brain works at that moment. I can't be tired or slow for the Aug or I'll be really bad. For some reason I use the AK in realistic mode, it always seems to work the best for me.

damnnation
December 22, 2004, 11:11 am
minime = noobgun in my opinion... it's 7 shot's or so and you are dead it's just stupid

ArKaineRevived
December 22, 2004, 11:03 pm
about the reply of BMF to the smoking thing, smoking is [IMAGE]ed up and stupid to smoke!!!

apocalypse
December 23, 2004, 11:15 pm
Minimi is a preety gud gun but the realoading tym is the worst!!! AK-74 is a very powerful gun and realoading tym is much faster, i lyk the AK.

Deleted User
December 24, 2004, 8:59 am
Ak is better than minimi in every situation...
But I use mp5 :P

SilencedAsshole
December 24, 2004, 12:44 pm
Minimi needs 5 Shots to kill. Thats the good thing about it.

Morik
December 25, 2004, 6:03 am
in some situations it can be a good gun, like when you need to not reload during a battle. The minimi can last quite a while.
(overall desert eagles pwns) :D

Gen0cide
December 25, 2004, 6:13 am
Yeah!Mp5..Why has only one person mentioned that?It's a decent auto with quick fire rate(holy crap)and quick reload(w00t!)I say its good enough to compete with those two heavy hitters just because its small and fast instead of big and slower..

Drama
December 25, 2004, 12:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michalquote: minimi is an ugly looking gun
That's what mods are for >_<

I use a Pulemyot Kalashnikova ;D
[IMAGE]

YAY PK :)

Anyway i've use ak since i stopped bawet laming and started playing ctf and not gonna give up with it. >:)

Alamo
December 25, 2004, 1:33 pm
I started out with Minimi in 105b and now I use it again as a full-time weapon (along with all the other ones)

lastpatriot
December 25, 2004, 11:00 pm
I personally use the AK-74 or the Steyr AUG for CTF games, but, in Deathmatches, I ALWAYS use the Minimi

BlackSpear
December 26, 2004, 1:47 pm
WTF are you talking about???? It makes TOTALLY no sence what you are saying that you owned with the ak in previous versions but now the minimi is better :S I don't know if anyone else told you this (too lame to read it all, but looked over it all and didn't see it :P) but the AK is the only gun that has been made a bit more powerfull in 1.2.1 while the minigun (and all other guns except the minigun, witch has been made a bit more accurate) remains the same as in 1.2. So the only gun there could be new complains about in this version is the AK...
but there are maybe some more minimi users nowadays, so if more people use it you get killed more ofthen by it, logical... but the minimi has exactly the same deadly potential as it had all the time in 1.2.

damnnation
December 26, 2004, 3:59 pm
i like the ak in 1.2 and the ak 1.2.1 the minime in 1.2 was ok...but in 1.2.1 it's just zo powerfull...

lastpatriot
December 26, 2004, 4:52 pm
I feel that when you are close up, against heavy weapons, use the MP5 or AUG, use the AK for when you are shooting under cover, on a light assault, or protecting a flag bearer. Use Minimi in any sort of slogging situation.

Maluno
December 26, 2004, 6:33 pm
ak has much slower bullet speed, kind of a pain at longer ranged shots when compared to minimi. Minimi is much easier to kill with, but then expect to get killed when u reload :-/
I prefer ak because i see it improving my skills considerably more than when i used to use minimi. That is because i am forced to pay attn to the opponents movement and judge more accordingly due to the slower speed of the bullets. With minimi i could just laze and aim in the general direction of the opponent.

Nos-D
December 28, 2004, 9:33 am
I don`t think it`s matters.
ppl who lovez this wpn will keep using it =].
i`m using it [not allwayz].

Meandor
December 28, 2004, 10:51 am
If you lose with ak vs minimi, then you can't use ak. Unless it's a team game and everyone's using it, but that's another thing.

hypno
December 29, 2004, 12:33 am
the ak is better coz it realods faster so you can kik ass quiker

smokings for losers