( search forums )
should we have a TDM league?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
ubiquity
December 20, 2004, 2:44 am
Well, i was just thinking of this.
The game offers much more, from survival mode to rambo matches and the community seems to be sticking with ctf for some reason.
I think TDM is rather simple and does not require speficic rules that would make the league crash because many would think that they need to be changed. Anyway just vote on the poll.
Also, if u think u could help me make one just write me here or on msn at virtual_vador@hotmail.com

inf, rambo,
survival, advance modes
to be considered.
[IMAGE] we cant make polls..
so just write ur opinion on the subject i guess.

_Mancer_
December 20, 2004, 2:47 am
Man, I wish R7 would join a tdm league.

I personally love DM and TDM.

Im really good at it so yeah, I would like to see a popular TDM league.

Magniitude
December 20, 2004, 3:39 am
Yup. Based on skill rather than luck. 3 v 3 ctf is just about getting the flag and not getting shot. TDM involves attacking rather than retreating. If this was official =[AOD]= would join.

ubiquity
December 20, 2004, 5:48 am
well, im not making anything official but the league is likely to be accepting subscription next week, page and forum will be up on weekend.
if anyone wants to help me getting the rules and everything set, you would be very welcome.

ubiquity
December 20, 2004, 5:49 am
also, what do u people think of the barret?

Kazuki
December 20, 2004, 7:22 am
No! No talk of the weapon balance in this thread! lol It will ruin the whole thing.

Anyway, I'd love a TDM league. It'd be a large change from the CTF leagues.

Shivorken
December 20, 2004, 7:23 am
double posting is a big-ass no no ... i really like the idea of 3v3 TDM survival ... it would own

Chakra
December 20, 2004, 8:41 am
You ever tried pitting 3 clans against each other in a TDM? You don't know fun-on-a-professional-level until you've been there.

Teh Panda
December 20, 2004, 1:03 pm
Omg... *drools* maybe i do it... I would love tdm league...

Deleted User
December 20, 2004, 1:30 pm
I'd host the site for it =D
oh wait, it would need php... Damnit >=(

Skate4Razors
December 20, 2004, 3:10 pm
Sounds really cool. I asked my clan leader Anz DIP GHhost if we could join, he said yes. So we are definetly in if you start this league. I'll add ya to MSN and talk about the rules if you want :D

DT
December 20, 2004, 3:15 pm
i'd be up to it... but <b>you</B> can handle the sever and time and crap like that

Jap_man
December 22, 2004, 5:29 am
yea i also think that a tdm league would be good.
It`d be a change we`ve all been long waiting for.

Teh Panda
December 22, 2004, 5:54 am
Im kinda started working on this. Ideas? 2v2 or 3v3? 2 or 3 teams? 2 Leagues(West/East)? Etc.

EDIT: Diff topic? ;D

Psyker
December 22, 2004, 6:07 am
for the love of god yes

any tdm is good tdm

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 22, 2004, 7:27 am
There could be 4 different divisions: alpha,beta,charlie,delta. They are the only ones that you can join and you have to stay with them throughout the whole season(or not?). When it comes to matches 2-4 ppl from each division has a tdm cw against each other. There always has to be at least 2 representatives from each division playing and the teams have to be even. That would be awesome. It would be kinda like a real war. At the end whoever has the most wins(or battles won in war terms) is the winner of the TDMWW (Team Death Match World War) I dont know about the name but w/e. The different divisons should wear tags that represent their division ex: [A], for alpha. I dont know how you could pick leaders for each divison or what... or how members would get accepted into the different divisions... what do you think? if you dont understand what i mean i can explain more thouroughly

[edit] 1st place in each battle will get 4 points, 2nd will get 3, 3rd will get 2, and 4th will get 1. Then you just add them up to see whose in the lead.

Teh Panda
December 22, 2004, 8:22 am
wow... Mike has nice ideas. Weirdly i have now playing Soil's "New Faith" song...

EDIT: But what if there is lots of players... More experienced players would play and new ppl would sit in the bench...

ubiquity
December 23, 2004, 6:24 am
this is definetly something to think about.
I for my part thought of something,
First off, we wish to divide the matches into 2 different types: Scheduled and not scheduled. More like TNL, we would have matches scheduled every week for every team.** These matches would have to be played under a previously determined game mode. And as for the other part of the league, the non-scheduled matches, fighting clans would have to decide of the game type, if they can?t come to a consensus, there is just no match. The season should be around 6 weeks.

**We wish to make the clans want to play their scheduled matches more than their normal ones. To do so, we thought of a point system.
-For non-scheduled matches: draw 1 pt, win 2 pts
For scheduled matches: draw 2 pts, win 4 pts.

If a clan performs a game or every type (real, normal, survival and advance) they get a bonus point. The goal of this is obviously to stimulate diversity.

Dark stranger, who will be working with me on this thought of this:
: The season could be separated in four sections of 10 days (may change from 8 to 12...). In every section, people would be forced to play under a certain game type. Simple and efficient, that is sure a way to go.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 23, 2004, 8:04 am
cmon ppl...keep talking. This would be an awesome change to the same old sctfl...not to say its not fun. you said it would be cool, so post your ideas!

Teh Panda
December 23, 2004, 9:10 am
I write somekind of rules from these things and send 'em here so you can decide what's good and what you want more etc.

Jaz
December 23, 2004, 1:13 pm
Id like to see a tdm league. Its alot of fun and involves alot of tactics but to get optimal satisfaction from this league it must be:

2v2: 60 kills
3v3: 90 kills

Survival mode

This would stop people running for health etc. Autos will be whored in this league so.....I dunno a solution to that.

Playoffs the final 3/4 teams have a big survival tdm like 3 on red,blue,green and yellow ! That would be a nice match ;o.

Also Both teams choose a map and the final scores are added to see who wins.

What do you think?

Teh Panda
December 23, 2004, 1:31 pm
Finals on 4 teams <3

Skate4Razors
December 23, 2004, 5:00 pm
Oh, oh, me, me!

Tournament Mode:

There could be this type of game mode. All clans start at the bottom of the list. Whenever a clan wins a CW, the loser gets nocked off the list. And so on, and so on. Until there are 2 clans left. The 2 clans battle a match, and yeah... I don't think this should be the main idea of this league, it could be like another mode or something. Someone help me out! :D

Teh Panda
December 23, 2004, 7:00 pm
In that opinion, we need lot of clans.

Orion-77
December 26, 2004, 7:29 am
well like any league, you need alot of clans. but a tdm league shold be easy to get clans together since you only need like 3 people, but same with ctf. well if you wanted the league to get off the ground fast make it to where you have 2v2's up to like 5v5's. the great thing about 2v2's that you and your battle buddy and isn't hard to get together.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 26, 2004, 8:54 am
yay! orion is back

Teh Panda
December 26, 2004, 12:03 pm
I would like we pick 4 member teams randomly. Each match would be 2v2 - 4v4 match. And scheduled matches and other. 2v2 Winner gets: 2 points 3v3 Winner 3 points, Second 2 points. 4v4 first 4 second 3 third 2.
In scheduled matches you get more points.
Final is 4v4 match against 4 winner teams.

Only bad thing in this is: We would need lots of clans.

Avarax
December 27, 2004, 10:43 am
1on1 german DM league:
[URL]

1on1 international DM league:
[URL]

2on2 german TDM league:
[URL]

2on2 international TDM league:
[URL]

notice:
the german leagues have much more players than the international

Element_101
December 27, 2004, 10:59 am
Sounds like the idea is very much supported.

IDF-RIPsta
December 27, 2004, 12:57 pm
Finally!!!

Teh Panda, your idea, concerning the matches, is a bit too complicated and requires a little too much coordination.
Having only 2vs2 matches would be much easier, as suggested. People could actually open new clans that consist of two players. I consider this a revolution. In fact, you don't even need clans to play in this league, just two players from any clan.

I don't particularly like the idea of survival mode in this league. Fast paced action and not overcautious behavior made the game popular. If you want to limit the amount of automatic weapons, just force all players to designate two weapons they will use in advance.

For instance:
Player A: I play M79 and Ruger
Player B (on the same team as player A): I play MP5 and Spas
Players on the same team cannot play the same weapons at any time. By doing so you will force people to create VERSATILE teams consisting of players with DIFFERENT styles.

Either way, I believe that 3vs3 should be the maximum amount of players. Besides, TDM is only skillful when a small amount of players are involved.

As for maps, I think that Bridge and Ratcave are perfect for TDM matches. What do you think?

Teh Panda
December 27, 2004, 1:44 pm
RIPsta. I remember how me and my friend owned few barret guys with good combination. M79 + auto.
M79ner goes first and autoguy cleans the mess after. *Having flashbacks*.

But write more ideas here.

Maluno
December 27, 2004, 4:26 pm
Great idea, i have been thinking about starting a clan of my own, but just a small 3-4 person one that is kind of informal. Now i have something to look forward to. I am getting sick of playing CTF all the time, it seems that all the other game mode servers have been slowly dissappearing over the past few months, now i have a hard time finding a decent ping DM or TDM anywhere... *sigh* This would be an answer to our CTF boredom.

IDF-RIPsta
December 27, 2004, 5:07 pm
I have another combo for you, Teh Panda.
MP5 and Barret - me and my friend used to play this combo because I would harass the opposite players and he could simply lay back and snipe them down while they are focusing on my movement.

Combining accurate and close range weaponry in TDM matches is definitely a good tactic.
Here's a pic from June 2003 to illustrate the results of such combo:

[IMAGE]

Coliques
December 28, 2004, 10:40 pm
I want a infiltration league....Inf is alot more strategy than both TDM and CTF...I think it woul'd be great with inf league

ubiquity
December 29, 2004, 3:58 am
theres already one that has just started to accept submissions check forum more throughly for url i dont know it by heart.
and i think inf is only ctf with 1 team forced to defend, which is not good..

Uptempo
December 30, 2004, 3:40 am
Hey Ubi this is Rakkety Tam! I would love a TDM league That would be so tight. Man...
Cya Buddy

zambo_the_clown
January 1, 2005, 1:28 am
a TDM would give everyone a break cuz i dont see how people can keep playing ctf over and over and over. how can a certain game get repetative but not a ctf match in soldat. i want to see a rambomatch league :P kinda wierd to me

Teh Panda
January 1, 2005, 11:57 am
Rambomatch league would be boring IMHO.

zambo_the_clown
January 1, 2005, 3:58 pm
thats why it would be kindsa wierd