( search forums )
too many m79's? :o
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
m00`
December 20, 2004, 9:18 am
this isnt a m79 bash thread, or a nerf the m79 thread. this is a "Can you please use less m79's please??" thread

too many m79s, not enuf of the other weapons, can you please use less m79's?? (i am not whining)

Vijchtidoodah
December 20, 2004, 9:28 am
Yeah, I just made a similar thread. It pisses me off, but what are you going to do?

LazehBoi
December 20, 2004, 9:31 am
...Too many? Where the heck have you been playing, m00`?

m00`
December 20, 2004, 9:32 am
mostly iinet when im bored and dont want lag :o

The Geologist
December 20, 2004, 9:42 am
Don't tell Jaz, or he'll freak out. o_O

palloco
December 20, 2004, 11:17 am
http://ultimate13.dynu.com:6080/stats.php

m00`
December 20, 2004, 11:33 am
m79 is second most used weapon.. haha, see it is overused!

Aquarius
December 20, 2004, 11:34 am
Was the stats wiped after 1.2.1 release?

m00`
December 20, 2004, 11:40 am
the m79 didint seem to have changed after 1.2.1 , just the bink, big deal i can still use it as I was able to in 1.2!

FliesLikeABrick
December 20, 2004, 11:41 am
no, these stats are since the beginning of 1.2

Aquarius
December 20, 2004, 11:48 am
Then it doesn't mean anything, m00`. All weapons balance has changed in 1.2.1.

frogboy
December 20, 2004, 11:51 am
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistDon't tell Jaz, or he'll freak out. o_O

Then he'll ask you to prove it by comparing penis sizes.

Magniitude
December 20, 2004, 12:00 pm
I like the m-79. I'd rather people use it than autos. Speaking of which, how do i manage to get killed from 3 shots by an AK with no lag and full health??

Deleted User
December 20, 2004, 12:42 pm
I think you should just find a way to overcome the m79, as in dont directly attack them. Don't just dive into them with your kalashnikov or whatever. The weapons are as balanced as it gets, I tried using the barret, I know were on the subject of the m79 but stil, its a one kill weapon. Its hard as hell to use it right, I hate it. Thing is, most the time its hard for them as it is for you. So just try a different way to kill them.

Chakra
December 20, 2004, 12:55 pm
I agree, theres alot of m79 users out there lately, which I suppose can be considered a good thing rather than masses of barrets or autos and so on ..who knows.

It does get annoying though, especially when they know how to use the gun. All too often you'll find yourself in a stand-off with an m79, and your choices are : 1. Charge towards them while they hide to reload, and hope not to get slapped in the face with explosives, or 2. Spend a minute or more while you try to waste each other in those few very brief moments you're both in line of fire.

Otherwise I can't really complain. It seems to even out, it's just a little annoying when you want to fight and they only expose themselves when they shoot (as is best really).

Jaz
December 20, 2004, 1:13 pm
What a stupid thread.

b00stA
December 20, 2004, 2:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by JazWhat a stupid thread.

No, just a stupid reply.

Pulp
December 20, 2004, 2:45 pm
I got no problem with the killing by a m79. It's the silly m79-jumps that are just based on a laggy feeling for all players except the M79-jumper (also counts for the nade-jumps btw, although that requires skill). When the only way to cap is by an M79-jump (mostly used in B2b & voland...), and the jump looks like some 'lagging soldier blown away by an enormous turbulence caused by a rather large bullet he shot near him with a tube'...than i got a few questions rising up...

But that also counts for the inaccuracy of the granade-explosions (the enormous turbulence, 'hey, you just survived 3 nades'), so i guess, it's just part of the game...

BMF
December 20, 2004, 2:58 pm
Guys m79 is the weakest weapon. It is even weaker than Soccom. I don't understand what you all are talking about. Chakra you have a problem killing a m79 use?? Just dont come close to him. You can't kill with m79 AT ALL unless you are charging all the time. Anyway, I do use it alot, but for fun really. You don't see too many people using the gun in clan wars, because it is so damn weak. Just in pubs.

But eyic I feel for you.

eyic: oh so many m79's
everybody: awww

Skate4Razors
December 20, 2004, 3:02 pm
quote:"Can you please use less m79's please??"

I use the m79, but the saw is WAY underused. I think we should be more concerned about the Barrett. When people use the m79 in servers I play in, it takes them atleast 2 tries to hit me. So... Yeah. :)

poyi19920624
December 20, 2004, 3:15 pm
Poop, bad thread. Don't say anything bad about any weapon except "you know what".

DT
December 20, 2004, 3:19 pm
quote:Guys m79 is the weakest weapon
what the hell are you talknig about... its a fuking nade launcher... its got a huge weakness...
just don't rush into it like a idiot... and keep your distance and anything can beat it.
but yes thier are to many... for comfort

Chakra
December 20, 2004, 3:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by BMF Chakra you have a problem killing a m79 use?? Just dont come close to him.

Why you telling me that? You need to read more before typing.

BMF
December 20, 2004, 3:43 pm
I am not much of a reader

lieroguy
December 20, 2004, 4:16 pm
Allthough the M79 is annoying when you get an amount of consecutive one-hit-kills on you from the same guy, the weapon itself has enough serious flaws thatit really shouldn't be that big of a concern. Low effective range, slow projectile speed, a long time between shots.

ThaD
December 20, 2004, 8:24 pm
m79 is useful only on b2b due to jumps ofcoz, in fact it makes it the most offensive weapon on this map, but that's all. I want good old 105b's m79 back ;[

Jaz
December 20, 2004, 10:24 pm
me 2 :o i want 105 balance cos i think that was perfect.

Aquarius
December 20, 2004, 10:32 pm
No, it wasn't.

Jaz
December 20, 2004, 10:37 pm
it was better then what we have now

Hitman
December 20, 2004, 10:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by BMFI am not much of a reader
Hypocrite.

m00`
December 20, 2004, 11:08 pm
BMF, it is pretty hard to kill an m79er since if you rush at them and they miss their first shot, they still have enough time to reload their second, most of the time the wussy m79 users run away till they reload then they have another shot then they run... and so on, it just pisses me of...

The Geologist
December 20, 2004, 11:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by m00`BMF, it is pretty hard to kill an m79er since if you rush at them and they miss their first shot, they still have enough time to reload their second, most of the time the wussy m79 users run away till they reload then they have another shot then they run... and so on, it just pisses me of...

What about if you stay out of the range of that slow moving m79 bullet and pick them off from there? You're assuming too much to think that you have to rush in at all.

Edit: 600th post. ^_^

Jaz
December 20, 2004, 11:38 pm
they dont have enough time to reload there second, they get killed unless the opposer hasn't played for longer than an hour.

m00`
December 21, 2004, 12:11 am
quote:Originally posted by The Geologistquote:Originally posted by m00`BMF, it is pretty hard to kill an m79er since if you rush at them and they miss their first shot, they still have enough time to reload their second, most of the time the wussy m79 users run away till they reload then they have another shot then they run... and so on, it just pisses me of...

What about if you stay out of the range of that slow moving m79 bullet and pick them off from there? You're assuming too much to think that you have to rush in at all.

Edit: 600th post. ^_^

im a socom/mp5 user my bullets cant reach that far, they are always too far away to get close to especially when their running like sissies till their gun reloads

The Geologist
December 21, 2004, 12:19 am
Try using a gun with some range if range is the problem. I can ruger people from across the screen with little trouble at all.

Chakra
December 21, 2004, 12:35 am
Picking off from a distance is certainly the option to go. However theres the proble of terrain. What to do when they duck through to another section or behind a hill, and the only way to kill them, is to give them the ability to kill you?

I think that's what m00's on about. I usually just risk it and try to zip in when he's not expecting it, using nades to restrict his movement.

The Geologist
December 21, 2004, 12:50 am
Actually, I tend to use nades in that sort of situation...and when I'm in close enough a good knife throw usually solves the problem. Maybe it's because I find the ruger so easy to use, but small openings/tunnels or areas with restricted space don't usually seem like that large of a problem.

Vassili_Zaitsev
December 21, 2004, 1:14 am
quote:Originally posted by pallocohttp://ultimate13.dynu.com:6080/stats.php

eh that thing says that clusters, flame bow, flamethrower, and bow all have zero kills though...dude...

EDIT: oh and chakra, refering to your last post:
OF COURSE
HOW WOULD THE GAME BE FAIR AT ALL TO ANYONE IF YOU COULD KILL WITHOUT BEING IN DANGER OF GETTING KILLED?

TO EVERYONE WHO HAS WHINGED ABOUT THE M79 ON THIS THREAD, GO PLAY SOME [IMAGE]ING SOLDAT.

Jaz
December 21, 2004, 1:16 am
Thats probably because bonuses and rambo isn't in the server....but I don't think the stats are....trustable anyway. Because of the version changes etc.

Vassili_Zaitsev
December 21, 2004, 1:21 am
then why post that link? or why didnt you say something to that effect?

if you are going to use statistics in your argument(?) at least make sure they're trustable

m00`
December 21, 2004, 1:28 am
I played soldat before I posted this thread and im not whining, im just stating the obvious... THERE ARE TOO MANY M79's IF YOU WANNA PROVE ME WRONG USE A DIFFERENT WEAPON!

Jaz
December 21, 2004, 1:29 am
quote:Originally posted by Vassili_Zaitsevthen why post that link? or why didnt you say something to that effect?

if you are going to use statistics in your argument(?) at least make sure they're trustable

m79 is my faveourite wep, i didn't post that link and stfu and read the post b4 u throw accusations and collaberations around ;o !

Vassili_Zaitsev
December 21, 2004, 2:24 am
oh yes you didnt post the link...soz ma bad.

...i fell rather stupid now...

Judge_Man
December 21, 2004, 5:03 am
quote:Originally posted by Jaz I don't think the stats are....trustable anyway. Because of the version changes etc.

You are right. I've played before 1.2.1 in U13 and when it changed to 1.2.1, m79 was REALLY less used.

M79 is my fav weap. too and when i don't use it, i use HK and i have NO problem AT ALL killing other m79er. You just spray them, they miss, they dead.

m00', you probably just played some game with more m79er than normal, but in general, m79 is probably the less used gun. Except for minigun.

BMF
December 21, 2004, 5:17 am
m00 if they run away to reload, you already stopped them. End of story. Power of m79 is the rush. If you stop the rush, he is dead

Hitman can i make a joke anymore without you busting my balls?

m00`
December 21, 2004, 5:33 am
no BMF, I hate idiots that run away when im about to kill them or they run away just to reload coz they usually come back when im on low hp :/

Judge_Man
December 21, 2004, 5:53 am
Running away is for weak humans.

FACE THE DEATH AND HAVE SOME HONOR!!

I don't run away to realod my M79, i kill with my Precious Socom...My PRECIOUSSSSSSS

BMF
December 21, 2004, 6:10 am
dude soccom is so underrated. All the youngins run around with knives. Soccom pwns knife anyday, unless on a really close range. And soccom can reload

Judge_Man
December 21, 2004, 6:14 am
Yeah! SOCOM Pwns so much!

Often, i miss my m79 shot and then, with lightning speed, switch to my Socom and put 4 bullets in the guy's head and he goes: " WTF!?" !!! haha i love it

^ True story, happens often.

Aquarius
December 21, 2004, 9:43 am
Yup, m79 + ussocom = teh pwn ...in the right hands of course.

Denacke
December 21, 2004, 10:35 am
[code]
Rank Weapon Kills
1 M79 54510
2 Grenade 54420
3 Desert Eagles 46650
4 Ak-74 43388
5 Ruger 77 43251
6 Steyr AUG 33900
7 FN Minimi 33119
8 Combat Knife 21067
9 LAW 16254
10 Spas-12 15619
11 HK MP5 14011
12 USSOCOM 3576
13 Hands 1400
14 Chainsaw 1256
15 Clusters 8
[/code]
Taken from SN public server (http://stats.minoku.de/)

It's used the most on our server indeed, even more than nades! :OOO close though :D

Chakra
December 21, 2004, 11:12 am
Yep...definitely seeing more of them myself. But why? sure they're 1 shot, but they're not the most dominant or easiest of weapons, not that their much harder than most. Maybe it's the gore :|

Aquarius
December 21, 2004, 11:28 am
But you have 2 weapons turned off. And only in CTF M79 is especially useful, because of jumps. Besides, DE, AK and Ruger are not *much* less used, only about 20% less. It means that for every 4 DEaglers there are 5 M79ers. Not really much more. Moreover M79ers commit suicide more often than others, so K/D ratio is usually lower.

palloco
December 21, 2004, 1:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by AquariusAnd only in CTF M79 is especially useful [...] It means that for every 4 DEaglers there are 5 M79ers.
Does anyone play anything but CTF 80% of the time?
Hmmm deagles and m79 overused->(Following the reasons of anti-autos people)deagles and m79 overpowered.

LazehBoi
December 21, 2004, 3:05 pm
I do see many people using the M79 on Iinet, but less everywhere else.

gunny
December 21, 2004, 4:33 pm
i've told you guys time and time again, if you want a fair game ( even with the 79 )
for god's sake, make the damn creator of the game have the minigun and the barret
i have been into many games were the creator takes out al the guns he isn't good fighting agains't

one more thing, noone should ever ban the minigun again, it's the balance between the one hit kill gun and a big meaty minigun.

thats how micheal intendid it to

gunny
December 21, 2004, 4:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by BMFdude soccom is so underrated. All the youngins run around with knives. Soccom pwns knife anyday, unless on a really close range. And soccom can reload

hell no it doesn't
knife kicks ass, if you can aim....

ThaD
December 21, 2004, 4:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by m00`no BMF, I hate idiots that run away when im about to kill them or they run away just to reload coz they usually come back when im on low hp :/

it's called tactic ;o

Aqua is right, soccom is the best secondary for m79 but that should be obvious...

BMF
December 21, 2004, 6:22 pm
gunny if you want to have a knife vs. soccom duel? I say you will not get a single kill

Taxista
December 21, 2004, 7:39 pm
Well i think ppl are getting "anoying" with all weapons.
If someone use barret: "BARRETARD"
If someone use auto: "sprayer"
And now m79 and eagles ?
Come on, learn to avoid weapons or learn to play against them.

[S][K]Taxi

ThaD
December 21, 2004, 8:40 pm
after being called spasetard nothing gonna suprise me...

Chakra
December 21, 2004, 8:50 pm
Well I managed to stop whining ..

then again I had help. Every Thursday and Sunday down at the WA (whiners anon) talking among others about our need to complain and feel constant unsatisfaction with everything. Watching Ally McBeal there was the hardest, trying to hold back comments like "wtf? where's the plot? why all these stupid special effects? it's getting old." when we could just change the channel.

Taxista
December 21, 2004, 8:55 pm
LOL Chakra really nice one lol

Deleted User
December 21, 2004, 9:17 pm
I'm gonna have to side with 'moo on this one. I'm definatly seeing a lot more m79's than I used to, not sure why though. And it does get rather dull exploding over and over again. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the gun or that I don't like it, I just don't like how much it's being used nowadays. Oh well, ya win some ya lose some...

Spectral
December 21, 2004, 9:23 pm
this is really a surprising topic, i havnt seen as many m79s since the new version, due to it's sad down-grade. only in rambo are there many m79's, which is a given.

Jaz
December 21, 2004, 9:28 pm
Maybe in american servers but I don't believe theres as many in Euro servs..if that would make a difference..

Spectral
December 21, 2004, 9:35 pm
negative, i play in american servers and i dont get that impression

Judge_Man
December 22, 2004, 7:49 pm
I play in American Serv. too U13, and there is really less m79 than before in this one. I don't really play much on others server, but i havn't seen an insane number of M79..