( search forums )
Roll n prone issues
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
DeMonIc
December 20, 2004, 6:22 pm
I'm sure everyone has noticed, that when you roll or go to prone position, and you press switch weapon, it doesn't switch.That can be really annoying at times ~.~
The other thing is, that I think you should still be able to shoot while rolling.That would help the chainsaw majorally.

Chakra
December 20, 2004, 6:44 pm
meh, why not. It'd be mostly useless for guns anyway, to shoot while rolling.

peemonkey
December 20, 2004, 7:27 pm
that idea's been mentioned before, and i liked it. it'd be a sweet way to take someone out with an mp5 XD

damnnation
December 20, 2004, 7:57 pm
i think when you go to prone/)and the other thing)___ the reload needs to stop as long as the time takes to get proned or ___'ed

Alamo
December 20, 2004, 9:59 pm
Noone would continue shooting while rolling... Neither would he continue using a chainsaw... The possibility to shoot oneself is way too big...

Jello
December 21, 2004, 4:24 am
I agree with Alamo for the most part on this, although I think skilled people could probably pull it off with some sort of pistol at least.
Also, if you shot while rolling wouldn't the bullets fly in 180 degrees all around you? At least with autos they would...
I agree with you about the weapons changing though.

Vassili_Zaitsev
December 21, 2004, 5:08 am
i like the idea of rolling through someone with chainsaw goin...sounds kewl

Deleted User
December 21, 2004, 9:14 am
Or rolling with knife >:)

Vassili_Zaitsev
December 21, 2004, 9:22 am
yeahhhh...evil!

KeFear
December 21, 2004, 10:47 am
i think it's fine now.. well, it's annoying sometimes that chainsaw won't work while rolling, but i can see why.

Jaz
December 21, 2004, 1:03 pm
I hate autos atm but I think it'd be hella cool getting a multi kill by rolling off an edge and shooting in a 360 turn. That'd make a nice video.

What I noticed with m79 is when ur rolling you shoot straight down no matter what. That makes some nice kills ;o.

Edix: But if your rolling on ground and shoot ur [IMAGE]ed.

frogboy
December 21, 2004, 1:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by AlamoNoone would continue shooting while rolling... Neither would he continue using a chainsaw... The possibility to shoot oneself is way too big...

It'd be kinda stupid to fly around with jetshoes on as well. Or jump 5000m into the air using an m79.

papasurf31
December 21, 2004, 8:43 pm
frogboy made a good point. Then again, anytime anyone argues that something isn't realistic enough for soldat, someone else always uses the jet packs or reloadable LAW or whatever to prove them wrong.

On topic, this is a good idea actually. Might give rolling a real use cause it currently has none. You can't effectively dodge bullets with it. Rolling into someone doesn't do anything. It stops all your animations and prevenst you from shooting. With this implemented, Soldat might be a lot more mobile and fast paced, which is what the game was made for anyways.

Deleted User
December 21, 2004, 9:24 pm
Shooting while rolling would definatly make for some nice visual effects.

Crazed
December 22, 2004, 11:36 pm
Yeah i noticed that ive been killed alot cause i cant shoot in a roll and it pisses me off