My ideas
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Flaki
December 21, 2004, 1:43 pm
The GunBall Mode:

Rules
- 2 teams (red & blue)
- 2 goals (flags)
- 1 ball in the center of teh map (it has the glow like flags or rambo bow)
Each player have the on primary weapon and the secondary is BallThrower. If u take the Ball u can shoot normal ammo with primary weapons or take the BallThrower shoot the Ball to your team mate. The opponent can get the ball when you shot it to your friend, or when u died and the ball is on the ground. The point is to shoot the ball to opponent flag or run with ball to it.

Other rules
- you can't throw away your BallThrower
- if the ball is not tooken for the 30 seconds it respawns at the ball respawn point
- the flags can't be tooken
- if the Ball is on the ground and you are near, you can use the BallThrower to draw the Ball to you ( it helps when the ball is on the dead polygon)
- there could be option Max Time with Ball (for example you can't have a ball more then 10 secounds, if u have it more u die or it starts to hurt u)
- the GunBall mode can be played on the ctf maps or there can be a special maps (gbm_map.PSM)

-------------------------------------------------

Water

Swimming
- type 1 (underwater walking)
its like a normal walking but u walk slower ( u can also crouch or prone ). If u jump u will start type2
- type 2 (underwater swimming)
left arrow(swim left), right arrow(swim right), up arrow(swim up), down arrow(swim down). If u use yets, u swim a little faster.
- type 3 (onwater swimming)
left arrow(swim left), right arrow(swim right), down arrow(starts type 2), up arrow(do nothings)

Shooting
- the bullets fly slower
- no new weapons to water
- no ricochet when u shot from ground to water

Breathing
- u have limited oxygen. can be setted only in map editor
- new bar whitch shows how many oxygen u have
- if the oxygen ends, u start to loose health
- the nolimited oxygen (for 15s.) bonus

Water in map editor
- it just a polygon ( there can be vertical water :))
- it looks like a normal polygon but it is 50% transparency
- no surfs

-------------------------------------------------

Weapons ideas

New
- suicide bomb(secondary) - hurts like law, but u can use when u fly.
- smoke granade(bonus) - ( you can hide in smoke )

Changes
- if u shot machinguns by clicking(click-shoot, click-shoot, click-shoot) it is more precise and it hurts more then clicking(click-shoot shoot shoot)

Alamo
December 21, 2004, 2:32 pm
Gunball:
Go play UT. That's all I have to say.
Water:
Been suggested, been rejected.
Weapons:
Been suggested, been rejected.

Michal
December 21, 2004, 5:05 pm
You could do some ball games already, but since medikits are used you need to be on LAN.

I still want water :s

I don't think we need new weapons.

DT
December 21, 2004, 5:09 pm
if you die while you have primary and the ball... the ball won't drop

papasurf31
December 21, 2004, 8:45 pm
it's called deathball/bombing run. Go tell Cliffy B you stole his idea.

Vassili_Zaitsev
December 22, 2004, 5:01 am
the gunball idea...sounds like it would be ok for a bit then no-one would play it

the water...yea i spose but ppl would make maps with like vetical water or like a 'hill' of water...just wierd...

and the guns idea? nah soldat dosnt really need any new guns and the stationary gun thing? dude i think u mean recoil...

Vijchtidoodah
December 22, 2004, 6:38 am
Water would be a great addition, and has been suggested many times, but for some reason Michal hasn't put it in the game yet.

Also, smoke grenades (as a powerup, perhaps) would be so cool IMHO, because you could throw it into an enemies base and confuse the crap out of them.

Everything else I completely disagree with.

bucky_brad
December 22, 2004, 9:32 am
Water was never rejected as far as I know alamo. Could be wrong but.

Keron Cyst
December 22, 2004, 4:22 pm
No way to implement waves, is there? /:-|

Svirin Kerath
December 22, 2004, 9:37 pm
water is something i've personally wanted for a while... and this might be being anal, buta map maker should be able to set water density.... more dense and the soldat sinks slower, less dense and they sink faster. and they should defenitely sink. if you drop a fully equipped soldier into water, he will not float, i can tell you that.

as for the weapons... the only way such grenades would be useful is if you could hold more, or even double the normal amount of grenades. then they're still pretty useless. they work better in 3D games..

Jaz
December 22, 2004, 10:47 pm
I like the ball idea, like it sticks to you and you can shoot it to ur mate who is at the other side of the map...like just michal make a new gamemode called Balls'R'Us.

Not being sarcastic...like complicated maps, teams can kill eacher other, teammates pass the 'ball' to each other in order to get it back to their base like ctf, but its a ball...like different types of maps etc. The difference is you can shoot the ball across the map in order to score, maybe in your own net...better then the soccer idea. You get points for scoring etc.....Id like to see this discussed.

Vijchtidoodah
December 22, 2004, 11:37 pm
Whoa, I just realized that I totally skipped over the ball idea and went straight to the others...

Yeah, passing balls around while being shot at could be really fun. The only problem I see is that picking things up is hard enough already, so the ball thrower would have to have excellent accuracy (perhaps, aided with a really fast velocity on the ball?).

Alamo, just because it's in UT doesn't mean it can't be in soldat too.