( search forums )
Throwing anything
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Jaz
December 21, 2004, 9:34 pm
Make a throw button thats different from the drop. So you can throw chainsaws or m79s etc at your oponent but the throwing of different weighted weps would make the throw different. like you couldn't throw a minigun very far normally so it would just drop normally but you could chuck a chainsaw ok so it would be like a swinging throw towars the nemy which could kill....however throwing deagles or socom would go far and could 'hurt' the enemy but not kill....you see what I mean :)? Throwing al weps rather than just the knife.

The Geologist
December 21, 2004, 9:45 pm
Been suggested a couple of times before, and as I recall, it didn't get a very good review. Not really needed IMO. Throw button works just fine...why would you want to throw your guns at someone when you can just reload and shoot?

Spectral
December 21, 2004, 9:47 pm
i would like to throw it farther away than the drop currently does, picking up my weapon after dropping it is very annoying, tho this is still not really needed

Keron Cyst
December 21, 2004, 11:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by Jaz... the throwing of different weighted weps would make the throw different[,] like you couldn't throw a minigun very far normally so it would just drop normally but you could chuck a chainsaw ok...
What about graphics mods? It wouldn't make sense...

Magniitude
December 22, 2004, 12:06 am
I agree with what Geo said. Why would you want to throw a gun if you can reload shoot? Do mean that in close quarters while you are reloading, someone is attacking you and you can chuck your gun at them? That may be useful if you dont have a knife. I've always wanted to throw my chainsaw...

Also, why another button for throw?

Jaz
December 22, 2004, 12:41 am
So you can drop as usual, like air drops or swapping weps with mates in mid air...which is useful ;o.

Hitman
December 22, 2004, 12:51 am
If you could throw the chainsaw like the knife, that would be awesome.

The Geologist
December 22, 2004, 12:52 am
But you can aleady drop as usual...just press the drop weapon button. But yes...throwing a chainsaw would be cool. Why not just make the chainsaw throwable like the knife? ^_^

Hitman
December 22, 2004, 1:01 am
That's what I just said, dumbo..

Keron Cyst
December 22, 2004, 1:11 am
quote:Originally posted by JazSo you can drop as usual, like air drops or swapping weps with mates in mid air...which is useful ;o.

Then just throw it downwards and have "Friendly Fire" also include thrown weapons :-P Simple.

Deleted User
December 22, 2004, 3:51 am
Bah..I made a thread like this when I first came here(though I wasn't the first). I still like this idea though, emptying a clip into one guy and then throwing the spent gun at his friend's face would be priceless. It could also make for some interesting effects in movies like Kazuki's most recent one.

Vassili_Zaitsev
December 22, 2004, 4:55 am
yea throwing weaps is rather pointless...oh RAther!

lol

just make that chainsaw throwable, but not as far as the knife of course. yea sounds kewl

m00`
December 22, 2004, 5:01 am
knife is uniqie because of this option adding it to other stuff would make less people use a knife

Vassili_Zaitsev
December 22, 2004, 5:03 am
s'pose so but it would be uber gory if you could drop a running chainsaw on someone!

FliesLikeABrick
December 22, 2004, 5:03 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`knife is uniqie because of this option adding it to other stuff would make less people use a knife