( search forums )
Soldat Habits
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Tomullus
December 21, 2004, 10:37 pm
I, for example, always turn on my Winamp and the song "Blur - song 2" and it goes on and on, and repeats for a few hours even :).
So do YOU have any Rituals or Habits wen playing? Do you do something specifing while in-game or do You need to get in a specific mood before playing? The more bizzare, the better.

Hitman
December 21, 2004, 10:44 pm
Heh, I used that song in one of my Movies..

Err, well, one of my habits is I tend to reload a lot, even if I'm using a barret which still has 9 or 8 bullets left, if I fell I'm in a safe spot, I'll reload :P. Guess it's not that bad a habit..

Chakra
December 21, 2004, 10:46 pm
When I die I a dramatic and long-falling death i'll typically repeat the old taunt "tell my wife I narghhh..."

Jaz
December 21, 2004, 11:01 pm
When i die i say omg you fugget sprayer !

Skate4Razors
December 22, 2004, 1:07 am
I always think I have a knife, so I throw my secondaries by accident, lol. Gets annoying...

Keron Cyst
December 22, 2004, 1:12 am
I always activate Windows Media Player and select a playlist to run in the background, which is composed of many fast songs extracted from other various games :-P
I always have the LAW as my secondary weapon. Runners-up: Combat Knife, then US SOCOM.

Avskum
December 22, 2004, 2:18 am
I do this; take out the big red blanket i have, fold it over a few times, and lay it on my chairs left armrest.
I cant make any of my moves without having that comfort.
And then of course i only game in the nude.

Deleted User
December 22, 2004, 2:25 am
quote:Originally posted by Skate4RazorsI always think I have a knife, so I throw my secondaries by accident, lol. Gets annoying...

hehe mine is similiar, i always think i have a law, so whenever i use knife i shoot it :P.

also i always piss before a clanwar.

also one of my habits is simliar to hitman, whenever i kill someone i always reload even if i have 25 bullets left or so.

Psyker
December 22, 2004, 3:13 am
i always have music on while playing. sorry, but hearing guns for an hour or so really gets to me.

i reload too much.

whenever i enter a game, i say "HELLO HELLO FRIENDS!" and whenever i leave i say "BYE BYE FRIENDS!"

Element_101
December 22, 2004, 3:14 am
Im gonna have to go with hitman on this one - reloads when not needed but I do it as soon as I kill someone dosn't matter whats happening round me.... bad habit.

Deleted User
December 22, 2004, 3:29 am
I have a bad habit of hitting certain keys very hard repeatedly for no reason at all. I think I might have OCD or something. I can't play soldat with music though, I like to hear my enemies coming before I die.

gunny
December 22, 2004, 3:31 am
quote:Originally posted by Skate4RazorsI always think I have a knife, so I throw my secondaries by accident, lol. Gets annoying...

me too

but, when i make maps
i listen to jimi hendrix, metallica, megadeth, or anything like dat.

apocalypse
December 22, 2004, 4:00 am
wat a pointless post, wtf no afence Tomullus but wtf???? y did u put it up on da forums??? i mean i prob hav habibits but i dont play soldat dat much, im in 2 AA (americas Army) but even tho i dont play soldat much i still think this os pointless

Vassili_Zaitsev
December 22, 2004, 4:07 am
quote:Originally posted by AvskumI do this; take out the big
And then of course i only game in the nude.

yes...thats the only way to play!

oh and apocalips, take a hike...take a long walk of a short pier

i have to have rammstein playin (im registered to i can play it thru tha gme) or i just suck

rammstein usually inspires me to go an a chainsaw rampage...mmm blood...

so...naked rammstein. - with a cat on my lap, of course!

apocalypse
December 22, 2004, 4:09 am
r u a pyscopath vassili???

karmazon
December 22, 2004, 4:16 am
I roll more than I skip

Vassili_Zaitsev
December 22, 2004, 4:23 am
quote:Originally posted by apocalypser u a pyscopath vassili???

yes. yes i am.

Jello
December 22, 2004, 4:48 am
I always try to roll behind some sort of cover, and end up rolling to far, being in front of it, and getting shot repeatedly and usually dieing. But when I CAN pull it off it looks damn sweet: to have bullets whizzing around, suddenly you drop into a roll and get behind some boxes, fire off a clip and run. I guess it's not as much a habit as a cool trick I can't do.

peemonkey
December 22, 2004, 4:59 am
i put my hands on a,s,d,w, andthe mouse.

FliesLikeABrick
December 22, 2004, 5:05 am
i have the habit of sucking horribly.

Vassili_Zaitsev
December 22, 2004, 5:07 am
yea, i noticed! :P

Vijchtidoodah
December 22, 2004, 6:04 am
"I always think I have a knife, so I throw my secondaries by accident, lol."
And I thought I was the only one stupid enough to do this many times...I feel your pain.

And, just like most people here, I obsessively reload so that I'm not caught without any bullets. But more often than not, I end up getting killed while I'm reloading.

I also have a terrible habit of killing myself with my own grenades. Either I'll fall prey to the nade bug (many, many times each round) or I'll blow up a bunch of enemies and then try to run past them but end up running over one of my own unexploded grenades.

b00stA
December 22, 2004, 12:25 pm
(moved to Lounge)

apocalypse, if you don't care, then don't post.

Deleted User
December 22, 2004, 12:32 pm
I have a habit of throwing my m79 instead of my knife.
Also, I get myself pwned by saying "No way" alot =(

Jaz
December 22, 2004, 3:05 pm
I allways switch to secondary and shoot people with one socom bullet, cos i think i have law out ;o.

DeMonIc
December 22, 2004, 3:14 pm
I get owned because I try to switch weapons before a roll/prone...

December 22, 2004, 5:08 pm
flies, you could edit the kills:deaths records on your server to give yourself a few extra kills... That would make you suck less. In some ways.

Yukwunhang
December 22, 2004, 5:34 pm
I throw away my primary everytime i spawn, and take out my Chainsaw.Then i think that my saw will be stronger, lol.

LazehBoi
December 22, 2004, 5:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by Element_101Im gonna have to go with hitman on this one - reloads when not needed but I do it as soon as I kill someone dosn't matter whats happening round me.... bad habit.

Liber_Lupus
December 22, 2004, 5:51 pm
I often push F1 too muhh. Like every 10-30 sec. It can get me killed or hurt alot if I stare it for too long and it messed up my concertration in clanwars. Really bad habit. Another one is I get pissed off at people in soldat if they seem like idiots. (for example today a guy coulnt get up with the blue flag and he was unable to cap. He just jetted and coulnt get up. I think I said something like "FS WAIT UNTIL THE JET GETS FULL [IMAGE]". Also a bad habit.

grand_diablo
December 22, 2004, 6:16 pm
omg, I have that unnecessary reloading habit too o_0

Alamo
December 22, 2004, 6:51 pm
yeah... throwing secs and reloading repeatedly... i do that too ^^
i have to warm up my hands very often... otherwise my aim sucks badly.

DT
December 22, 2004, 7:16 pm
tape recoarded songs...
and always useing my law and thowing it away to get a new weapon

mar77a
December 22, 2004, 7:28 pm
Mee...i reload all the time, or go throwing my knife...when i get killed i say "ow" and when i cap or kill say "yeah, baby"...always before playing, i start soldat...

Hitman
December 22, 2004, 10:22 pm
quote:..always before playing, i start soldat...Really? Well, I usually play and then start Soldat, but hey, I guess you're just weird, it's ok..

mar77a
December 22, 2004, 10:26 pm
Lol, everytime i die on my respawntime i press F1 like mad...

Alamo
December 22, 2004, 10:33 pm
Yeah... F1. Forgot about that. I very often press F1. When I'm dead, when I have a second of peace, when I'm in the middle of a firefight. Always :)

Jello
December 22, 2004, 11:49 pm
For some reason when I start up Solat, I always say "Shteeldot." Cause it sounds sort of like Soldat. Kind of. I also refer to the game as Shteeldot sometimes. It confuses people.