( search forums )
Hijacked!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Vijchtidoodah
December 22, 2004, 9:28 am
Well, it seems that today my little Soldat was hijacked. I don't know if some hacker was just messing with me or if it's some new weird bug, but my soldat just randomly began to do things on his own. First it was just the jets going on and off, but then he started moving around more and switching weapons on me.

I thought it was an odd effect of lag that I hadn't experienced before so I exited soldat, waited a little, and then went into another game only to be cursed with the same oddity.

So...I've never seen or heard of this ever before but it was really strange. Someone please get this poltergeist out of my computer!

Liber_Lupus
December 22, 2004, 3:24 pm
Get a firewall. Helped me when i had it. My mouse went berserk also. I uninstalled the firewall eventually, guess he got tired of trying.

Tha Doggfather
December 22, 2004, 4:03 pm
Sometimes keys on your keyboard get stuck, well atleast mine do ([IMAGE]ty Microsfot Multimedia Keyboard), and if you have a wireless mouse, it's not unthinkable that this might happen.

The two things happening at the same time is probably too much, but you never know.

karmazon
December 22, 2004, 6:16 pm
I remember thread like that a loooong time ago, and the guy got hacked.

peemonkey
December 22, 2004, 6:36 pm
no dogg, it's either a bug or a hacker. ive talekd to a vet who hacked in 1.05b and he said he could control other characters, and even gave a demonstration...
or it oculd just be a bug :P

Vijchtidoodah
December 22, 2004, 8:43 pm
I don't have a wireless, doggfather.

Liber, I have a firewall, but naturally I have it turned off for my internet connection and soldat.

FliesLikeABrick
December 22, 2004, 10:13 pm
yeah mine would do the jets thing if the battery was low in my wireless mouse, but this sounds like something more

Deleted User
December 22, 2004, 11:47 pm
I've had something similar happen to me once. My guy would run really slow for a little bit, then stop and take a smoke for no reason at all. Then he'd throw away all his guns and then just keep smoking until I left the server.

Teh Panda
December 23, 2004, 9:07 am
I had that Jet thing sometimes in 1.2

Maluno
December 28, 2004, 3:40 pm
Ive had my soldat start saying random yet coherent stuff for no apparent reason... wtf?!? Only happened once though.

Goofy_92
December 31, 2004, 10:21 am
one time my Soldat was throwing grenades all the time,but it just stopped when i restarted my computer

Captain Ben
January 6, 2005, 4:25 am
one time my guy crouched, ran into a wall, attempted to use his jets, thew all his grenades and would then started walking towards the death pit-thing- i did'nt mind that much though because i could still aim and shoot.
but once i exited the server it was all good.