( search forums )
FlashBang?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Freekill
December 22, 2004, 12:46 pm
Now that bink is being implemented why not have grenades that causes the bink effect on players within its blast radius, for a short amount of time(eg. 5 seconds).

The item can be in a form of a powerup, like clusters. When being picked up, they replace the player's grenades.

When the flashbang explodes, players caught in the explosion do not suffer damage, but instead are "binked" and lose their accuracy. This bink effect persists for some time and the player then returns to normal. (like when continuosly being poked by a auto weapon...)

Decreasing the player's acurracy doesn't necessarily render them into total sitting ducks. Careful usage is needed for effective use, which makes the game more tactical. In this sense, the item is easily a balanced weapon. The only element which may make it unbalanced is the amount of time the bink condition persist.

one bad thing is that everyone will hate the bink effect even more >:D

Alamo
December 22, 2004, 12:52 pm
no please god no!
This ain't CS!
USE BEFORE POSTING HERE

-.-

DeMonIc
December 22, 2004, 2:02 pm
Hmm..actually the idea of binking nades is interesting :]
Maybe as a powerup, but I'd rather see it done in a CS mod later on.
..btw Alamo..try reading the post and thinking about the reply.

Alamo
December 22, 2004, 2:16 pm
I read the post and I thought about the reply. You see what came out. So what?
I don't think that flashbangs fit in the game. It's too fast for such a grenade. Binking a player? Real flashbangs emit a very loud noise and a bright flash. This makes the victim blind for moment and irritates it. Binking is a whole different thing... By the way, as I said before, this has been suggested before. And Soldat is not CS! Just because this works fine for a tactics shooter like CS a fast splatter DM-game does not necessarily have a use for this.
The result is the same...

Opinion: negative, please not
Reason: this is not CS => not a tactics shooter
Other: has been suggested before, please use the search

Michal
December 22, 2004, 5:11 pm
I think this would be annoying as hell... Instead of making someone shoot retarded, why not just kill them? Soldat is too fast paced for this. If I was flashbanged I would just /kill and respawn then kill the guy who did it xD