( search forums )
Soldat DM triathlon with more then 3 events
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
BlackSpear
December 22, 2004, 2:49 pm
I'm wondering if there are a lot of people that would like to participate in a Soldat DM triathlon with more then 3 events hehe. don't exactly know what else to discribe it so that will have to do :P
I will need absolute a minimal of 5 players who would like to join this league.

it will go like this:
every match will be played with 6 people in 1 server and it's always every man for himself and the score limit is 50. the maps we play on will always be decided by me though you can request one if you like.
the league is al usualy all about getting points ;) (though if a lot of people are interested, i have an other score system i have in mind where you have to lose points and get 1st if you reach 0 1st, get second when you reach it second, ect, ect. if 2 or more people reach 0 at the same time then the one that would be more in the negative would get the highest place, this makes it feel more like a race).
but it won't be the normal where you get a set ammount of points for the place you get, but the number of kills you make ARE the points you are going to take home with you, so each kill actualy earns you one point and so the maximum number of points you can get is 50

part 1:
we will start out with just some good old plain DM.
part 2:
folled by some new underplayed but imho verry fun advanced DM.
part 3:
then i think we should bring out some realistic stuff, realistic DM.
part 4:
then something different, a rambo match...
maybe part 5????:
maybe i'm going to add point match though i don't think so... i'll have to see if enough people would miss it to make it part of it, i personaly wouldn't miss it :P
part 5 or 6:
The final battle! It's realistic advanced DM on a map made by me and unshown to anyone before the match, praise the map download feature for that ;)

the one with the highest score with all points earned over all parts combined wins. there will be pools of 6, all parts will be played against the same people. if there is more then 1 pool the ones on 1st, 2nd and 3th will go on to the next round against the 3 best from the other pool, the rules are the same.

i've been having a soldat compition like this in mind for a while and i personaly would find this the funnest soldat league i could imagine. only have to hope that there are enough players who think the same way to actualy realise this.

if you would like to sign up, pm me. the first 6 will be in the first pool, 2nd 6 in the second ect. if i can't fill up the pool you are in to 6 you can't play, sorry. so don't be too slow to react :P
I think we could use our clan server for the matches, but if you have a good server you are willing to share for this, it's also always welcome ;)
the matches will be weekly on a time and day every member of the pool agreed on before the first match started and it will stay that way untill the pool finishes if there is no exceptional reason to change the time/date.

well this is enough info i guess, lol

plz post your comments, any comments (good or negative) are welcome just as long as if you explain why :P

Taxista
December 22, 2004, 3:00 pm
Nice League with different mods. Looks interesting. :D

[S][K]Taxi

Element_101
December 23, 2004, 2:13 pm
Id be interested if I lived closer.