( search forums )
Extra lines with custom scenery
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
freebee666
December 23, 2004, 3:01 am
Please help because the map editor is driving me insane.
I went through the help, played with the options of the map editor and then started building a map.

Now I made soms scenery myself in paint shop pro, namely a house.
When in the map editor I create it in the map, it gets 2 extra grey lines, that are not in the bitmap of the house. 1 line vertically at the right and 1 line horizontally at the bottom.

Here is a screenshot of how it looks in the map editor.

[IMAGE]

No matter what I try, I can't get rid of the 2 lines.

Please tell me someone here knows how to get rid of them. I would be very happy again.

Vijchtidoodah
December 23, 2004, 3:11 am
Send me the file and I'll fix it for you.

freebee666
December 23, 2004, 3:25 am
Thanks for your quick reply.

The mapfile is here > http://members.chello.nl/y.zlatev/misc/freebee-2b.PMS
The sceneryfile is here > http://members.chello.nl/y.zlatev/misc/house1.bmp

If you can get rid of it, could you please explain how, so I can fix it myself next time it occurs ?

Vijchtidoodah
December 23, 2004, 4:09 am
[URL]
There you go, just click 'save target as...' to download it.

I couldn't get the lines to go away except on the top right, it looks fine as it is now and the lines aren't even noticeable if you're playing the game. I got rid of the line on the top right by highlighting an area offsreen with the select tool and colored it all.

I also took the liberty of making the large white spots on your house transparent, you can do this by using an all green color. Or if for some reason you wanted it white, you can just change it back.

freebee666
December 23, 2004, 5:04 am
I still don't understand why the lines appear :/

With the car I designed, they appeared. I took your advice and made the color around the car green, now that one doesn't have lines anymore, jeej \o/ but with the house that trick doesn't work haha (except at the upper right corner). Really strange, but ok.

Many thanks for your help though. I'll just take the lines with the house for what they are and continue with the rest.

And the 'white parts', I assume you mean the windows by that, doesn't really matter what color they are, for now it's only a background picture. But that could just as well change in the nearby future.

Back to the drawing board with my sleepy head.

Cya around.