( search forums )
Sig limit
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Sam
December 23, 2004, 5:06 pm
Im writing this in the bash pit because ill probably get flamed for it, but i dont see why the forum has an image size limit (im ok with the dimension limit) of 20 measly kb, I had a sig of 47kb and had to replace it.

The old one was 47kb as i've already said, and was saved as the highest quality jpg in photoshop. When i saw the "Image removed, please see forum rules" notice in my sig i thought it a bit unfair that i had to replace it with an image of low quality like this one:
[IMAGE]

The one i have in my sig at the moment is 30kb because, rather frankly, id rather put up with a 0.5second increase in loading time than have to look at that image. I think the limit should be increased because its rather limiting, and the loading time, even on computers with a slow connection, is too small to be noticed.

Anyway, flame me if you want but i just wanted to put across my views, nothing has to be done about it, but it would be good if something was. Thanks for your time.

Liber_Lupus
December 23, 2004, 5:08 pm
We have modem users. You be with a modem. It's a nightmare.

Sam
December 23, 2004, 5:09 pm
yea, i know its slow, but what difference is 10, 20kb gonna make? maybe 1 second?

Deleted User
December 23, 2004, 5:22 pm
1 second can be an eternity in modemville..

palloco
December 23, 2004, 5:30 pm
It is actually 2,5 seconds for me.
And ban this dude. He is breaking 2 rules and he is proud.

SERIAL KILLeR
December 23, 2004, 5:42 pm
Use GIF format. U dont see the difference (unless u zoom in).

Gif:
[IMAGE]

JPEG
[IMAGE]

Alamo
December 23, 2004, 5:49 pm
Yeah... I used a Modem... Guess why I didn't post at all in the beginning. The forums where so damn slow with my 56k that I gave up and stopped until I got the broadband I have now. And if there are maybe... 25 posts on one page, all with 10kb more than allowed in their sig... guess what happens X.x

Sam
December 23, 2004, 6:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by pallocoIt is actually 2,5 seconds for me.
And ban this dude. He is breaking 2 rules and he is proud.

2 rules?

_Mancer_
December 23, 2004, 7:46 pm
Why the hell does that sig look like mine?

Sam
December 23, 2004, 8:03 pm
it doesnt, really. Its just i like red. And ur writing was red too.

b00stA
December 23, 2004, 8:35 pm
Sam, upload a high-quality version of it somewhere and I'll make you one that conforms to the rules without crappy quality.

Denacke
December 23, 2004, 9:00 pm
It's also annoying for users with a maximum bandwith a month(like me)
If everyone would start having 100 kb siggies, i'm doomed! So many users, so many siggies, at least one megabyte a page waaah can't imagine, please leave the max size 20 kb, it's great that way.

Sam
December 24, 2004, 9:31 am
Ok, im sorry i ever posted this, I didnt quite realize how much time it takes for a modem user.

EDIT: Thanks Serial Killer for the gif. Lock this if you want.

Alamo
December 24, 2004, 10:29 am
Hey that's great now :) Looking good, not against the rules... nice :)

_Mancer_
December 24, 2004, 5:51 pm
It still looks like mine ;O