( search forums )
Soldat has entered a new age... the chaos age
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
DT
December 23, 2004, 6:43 pm
Soldat has entered a age where at least every sever has a hack or some eggwipe spaming minigun or barreturding ect...
things will countinue to get worse if something is not done...
ever sever i go to thiers someone useing that damn hack or getting pissed because someones using a barret, mini, minigun, m79.
we need to do something... or else this is going to be like sp where hacks rule and a bunch of noobs that get a high score for camp and ect.
2 main things i see that we should do is find out where the hack is being downloaded from and shut it down.
and the next thing is probly private severs that only forum members know and/or have admins that are doing something...
i'm saying this all becasue you need to open your eyes.
if you do nothing it will only get worse...

Hitman
December 23, 2004, 6:49 pm
There is already something being done about it, which only a select few will be able to enjoy, and those that are lucky enough to hear about it.

DNA.styx
December 23, 2004, 6:55 pm
have admins that are doing something
Yup, I *never* play on a game server if I don't know where to get an admin if I need one. (or by changing my name to "admin needed" will attract one)

peemonkey
December 23, 2004, 7:17 pm
i'm a select few, i'm a select few! neener neener neeeeeeneeeerrr!

DeMo
December 23, 2004, 7:25 pm
I know where cheats are being downloaded from, and I'm sure the "select few" and Michal also know that. So no need to give the URL here so that more cheaters will come around.

You had to see how things were back in version 1.05b.
Lots of cheaters.. and there was that guy (I think Chaos was his nickname) that used to come here in the forums to advertise his hacks.

LazehBoi
December 23, 2004, 7:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by DNA.styxhave admins that are doing something
Yup, I *never* play on a game server if I don't know where to get an admin if I need one. (or by changing my name to "admin needed" will attract one)

BACK UP, you actually play?

Anyway, to be on the subject, DT, you're exaggerating, it isn't THAT bad. Ownage: INF, CTF, Rambo and LaughingLlamas are pretty awesome USA servers, and when i'm in any of them there aren't any hackers... Hackers aren't something you can ignore, but if people are whining or something you can just /mute them. :D

DannyLB
December 23, 2004, 7:52 pm
There is this new era. The trainers era. Many have unimited nades, ammo etc.

And true, it sux when u dont have an admin around. It sux even more when the admin is doing this kind of things.

Taxista
December 23, 2004, 8:17 pm
well in european servers i dont see many cheaters. only saw 1 or 2 times.

[S][K]Taxi

Vijchtidoodah
December 23, 2004, 8:32 pm
I was in ownage's rambo server and some kid was using the knife hack, so I initiated a vote kick after people kept complaining but nobody bothered to kick him.

What kind of people let others get away with this kind of behavior?

zoldat
December 23, 2004, 8:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMoI know where cheats are being downloaded from, and I'm sure the "select few" and Michal also know that. So no need to give the URL here so that more cheaters will come around.

You had to see how things were back in version 1.05b.
Lots of cheaters.. and there was that guy (I think Chaos was his nickname) that used to come here in the forums to advertise his hacks.

we all do || but please don't use them :(

Spectral
December 23, 2004, 8:50 pm
i never see cheaters except in rambomatch, which is really a shame, because rambo is very fun

Chakra
December 23, 2004, 8:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by HitmanThere is already something being done about it, which only a select few will be able to enjoy, and those that are lucky enough to hear about it.

A new age is indeed approaching my friend, and indeed there is chaos... but, at the centre of every tornado there is calm and order.

My brothers and sisters, in this time of desperation we will do many thing. Turn to other newer games, or join a clan and play clan wars.

But you cannot DE-NY the Soldat in you brother! It must play, though it may be disheartened from the chaos, and I brothers, aim to deliever SALVATION and ASYLUM from this terrible fate!

I am not alone. My brothers work as we speak to bring this new gaming-fortitude to those who deserve, and the new year brings promise and hope for the TRUE soldiers in this apocalypse of servers.

Ask your friends about it, for they may know. For our gathering has spread to a-many brothers and sisters, and soon we will SHINE, SHINE I SAY, in a place TRUE to the SPIRIT of SOLDAT! CAN I GET AN AMEN!

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 23, 2004, 8:59 pm
Amen!!!

Cookie.
December 23, 2004, 9:25 pm
lol last night i got prawned on the ownage server... like 1000 knifes per second plus + speed ughhh

Dna use to play as DAN? dna rearranged ^______^

am i a select few ?: O ^_^^^

Vijchtidoodah
December 23, 2004, 9:29 pm
I'm not a select few. :'(
Oh well, hackers usually suck ass anyway and they're easy enough to deal with.

Hitman
December 23, 2004, 10:02 pm
Amen!

(ROFL!!)

petrock
December 23, 2004, 11:48 pm
I came to the soldat forums today for this exact reason. Now I don't post here much, but I am pretty good at this game. Would someone be nice enough to let me into some inner circle or what not so I can play in unhacked games? Trying to find a solid game has become very frustrating. What should I do guys?

Vijchtidoodah
December 24, 2004, 12:29 am
Find out where the hackers live and then beat the [IMAGE] out of them...

Element_101
December 24, 2004, 1:06 am
Shuting down hacks at there source may slow the process but it will by no means stop anything - before you know it there will be another site picking up were the other left off...

The only way to stop hacks is better anti-hack protection.

DT
December 24, 2004, 1:24 am
yes... and i think the hack injects code into the game... like with starcraft...

Kazuki
December 24, 2004, 1:24 am
quote:Originally posted by petrockI came to the soldat forums today for this exact reason. Now I don't post here much, but I am pretty good at this game. Would someone be nice enough to let me into some inner circle or what not so I can play in unhacked games? Trying to find a solid game has become very frustrating. What should I do guys?

Haha, welcome to the forums. ^^

BMF
December 24, 2004, 3:56 am
You guys are all too young. You take SOldat free of cheaters for granted. Back in 1.05b you could barely play a game without some asswipe coming in to ruin it. And we didn't have a Vote-kick option either.

Welcome to Soldat kids.

Unlucky 13
December 24, 2004, 4:27 am
There are NO cheaters? I don't think so. There re the odd one or two but there still are. Only bad equittique beats them, and not often either.

Freekill
December 24, 2004, 2:16 pm
uh, i remember the 1.05b days where cheaters are MUCH MORE rampant than now.
BUT it was fun and satisfying when you get to kill off the cheater without using cheats yourself.

Cheating will never end, man :(
Enjoy the good hack-free days shortly after a new ver is out

lastpatriot
December 25, 2004, 11:11 pm
Refs. Admins can sort of be "ghost players", who can go on servers, but not be seen. If they see somebody barrettarding, or they trace a kick hack, the person's ping is raised to... 800, and an automatic kick.

Morik
December 26, 2004, 1:05 am
yea, just be grateful that there is not more hackers than there is. There is at least some hack protection on, better than nothing.

lastpatriot
December 27, 2004, 1:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahI was in ownage's rambo server and some kid was using the knife hack, so I initiated a vote kick after people kept complaining but nobody bothered to kick him.

What kind of people let others get away with this kind of behavior?

Knife Hack?

Maluno
December 27, 2004, 4:39 pm
Thank GOD someone else is bringing this up. For those of you who say you rarely see hackers, well maybe you dont know what to look for. I do, and i see at least 1 person on every server using some kind of speedhack or unlimited ammo, or the infinite knives hack...

The worst part is when someone is using a speedhack and minigun surfing a CTF map, racking up points unopposed. What bothers me the most, though is the attitude of the other players. When i spot a hack, i vote kick the person, and tell everyone the reason. unfortunately, NOone bothers to hit f12, and the hacker stays unopposed.

This new age of chaos is indeed upon us, and pw'd servers advertised here may be our only refuge from the storm.

lieroguy
December 27, 2004, 5:41 pm
For as bad as hackers are now, they aren't nearly as bad as they used to be, and it's fairly easy to avoid by joining the few servers that pasword themselved and distribute the password to those who are involved in the Soldat community.

Bugs Revenge
December 27, 2004, 8:52 pm
hay, i haven't seen any hacker in that version yet.. :) --> i'm happy for that.
it could be coz i'm not playing much in publics? or that i'm playing publics only in Sn's public.?
anyway, this server is "cleared" from hackers atm, quite much admins there which r kicking the troublemakers.

Jaz
December 27, 2004, 8:53 pm
I seen alot of hackers and i dont play pubs often ;\.

hypno
December 27, 2004, 9:04 pm
if there isa hacker in your server just get the host to kick them or vote kick
now thats pretty easy dont you recken?

Xurich
December 27, 2004, 9:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by hypnoif there isa hacker in your server just get the host to kick them or vote kick
now thats pretty easy dont you recken?

Often times there isn't an admin available, and as Maluno pointed out, sometimes people just don't make the effort to press F12 when you vote-kick.

Private, passworded servers are a good way to avoid a lot of the hackers and should provide some relief from this "chaos-age."

SirKC2
December 28, 2004, 4:45 pm
The 'Chaos Age'? I'm glad to see you use your imagination...

Deleted User
December 28, 2004, 5:06 pm
I think theres more hackers nowadays than there was back in 1.0.5b. Back where there was no anti hack...:|

SirKC2
December 28, 2004, 5:17 pm
Maybe because you didn't have as many players?

Morik
December 28, 2004, 5:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by StalkyI think theres more hackers nowadays than there was back in 1.0.5b. Back where there was no anti hack...:|

with anti hack, wouldnt there be less hackers then there was back then?

Combat
December 28, 2004, 5:42 pm
Who wants a hack to hack the hacker website??Tell me,i have a link to hack the main page of hackers!
(ask via PM)

SirKC2
December 28, 2004, 5:57 pm
Wow, there page isn't that hard to find...