( search forums )
Who called vote.?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
SirKC
December 23, 2004, 6:43 pm
This is would be nice: To see who called the vote. It pisses me off when everyone goes - WHO CalczOrEd That VotE!? But that is only for a vote player kick. And maybe if they called two vote player kicks in 1 minute, the server would auto-kick.

Because I think we all have had the experience when some faggot comes in and starts trying to kick everyone. And of course, everyone thinks its someone else, so they call votes on them - and thens it a mass vote war. This has happend like 10 times for me and its quite annoying.

Thanks.

Note: Yet again, as I have said in my server topic, the search doesn't work. And I looked through 4 pages before typing this. 8)

Hitman
December 23, 2004, 7:04 pm
Yes, this is essential.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 23, 2004, 7:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by HitmanYes, this is essential.

I agree

peemonkey
December 23, 2004, 7:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixquote:Originally posted by HitmanYes, this is essential.

I agree

[IMAGE]ing indeedles

DT
December 23, 2004, 9:09 pm
ditto it is really needed... i don't know why it wasn't in the version...

MyCatOwnz
December 23, 2004, 10:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by SirKCThis is would be nice: To see who called the vote. It pisses me off when everyone goes - WHO CalczOrEd That VotE!? But that is only for a vote player kick. And maybe if they called two vote player kicks in 1 minute, the server would auto-kick.

Because I think we all have had the experience when some faggot comes in and starts trying to kick everyone. And of course, everyone thinks its someone else, so they call votes on them - and thens it a mass vote war. This has happend like 10 times for me and its quite annoying.

Thanks.

Note: Yet again, as I have said in my server topic, the search doesn't work. And I looked through 4 pages before typing this. 8)

Why not leave it anonymous unless two votes are made by the same person within 5 minutes of one another? By initially preserving anonymity, you cut down on vote-wars while revealing persistent voters would allow the annoying persistent voters to be kicked off easily.

Unlucky 13
December 24, 2004, 12:39 am
quote:Originally posted by MyCatOwnz
Why not leave it anonymous unless two votes are made by the same person within 5 minutes of one another? By initially preserving anonymity, you cut down on vote-wars while revealing persistent voters would allow the annoying persistent voters to be kicked off easily.

Exactly, anonymusly voting has always happened through the years of time, why change it for Soldat, otherwise, as above said, we get "I hate you for kicking me, die!" and other fights of the like. Maybe a reason would do better.

Element_101
December 24, 2004, 1:00 am
Agreed, anonymous unless two votes are made by the same person within 5 minutes of one another.

frogboy
December 24, 2004, 1:26 am
If you're that worried about anonymity, I suggest that just the admins can see who's vote-kicking.

Jello
December 24, 2004, 2:47 am
Yes, this has been suggested, yes I agree with you. But one thing: wouldn't this cause an obtrusive list somewhere of who voted to kick who and who didn't? Where would this be displayed?

SirKC
December 24, 2004, 3:40 am
I still think it should be seen. Maybe a server option so you can see who called it. Or, if they called two within 5 minute then you'll see who called it. But I like the idea of:

'Namehere' called a vote kick 'AnotherNameHere'

Kazuki
December 24, 2004, 4:40 am
I like the idea of only being able to see who called a vote kick on you if they've done it twice in a certain amount of time. Usually, this is the case. They'll just press the button 4 or 5 times, trying to kick you. If they only do it once, and you ask them for a reason/ask them to stop, then there's a chance that all will remain well.

But either way, this implementation is needed.

Keron Cyst
December 24, 2004, 7:04 am
*agrees*