( search forums )
Sniper Tracer (?)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
.JeT
December 24, 2004, 5:44 am
Well, im new here so HELLO AND MERRY CHRISTMAS

Anyways, I was OK at the sniper, but never really got that good. So i was browsing through the options and saw this option. After i tried this out in a game, i vastly improved now i am really good w/ the sniper. Now my question is, Who else uses this feature?

_Mancer_
December 24, 2004, 5:46 am
Sniper Tracer? I hope you don't mean Aimbot...because if you do, that means your hacking. Does this auto lock the target for you?

If it does, your hacking. Delete it immidiatly or send it to Michal Marcinkowski so he can look at it.

.JeT
December 24, 2004, 5:48 am
NOT A HACK, That dotted line that follows your crosshair if you aim far enough out. That thing.

The Geologist
December 24, 2004, 5:49 am
I think he means the sniper line...? I don't use it..

.JeT
December 24, 2004, 5:50 am
THAT THING! Yea this helps me out tons when im sniping distances

paramud
December 24, 2004, 5:56 am
barretard...

_Mancer_
December 24, 2004, 5:58 am
Spammer.

.JeT
December 24, 2004, 5:59 am
I dont really feel like hearing it ok?

Skate4Razors
December 24, 2004, 5:59 am
The sniper line messes me up, I expect the shot to always go where the line is, but the bullet varies... :/

.JeT
December 24, 2004, 6:05 am
yea, i keep that in mind when shooting distance, i shoot right above it, and it works for me!

Kazuki
December 24, 2004, 6:44 am
Well, I always vary my weapon choice, so the sniper line sort of gets in my way at times. For example, it would probably help while I'm using a Ruger, but when I switch to M79, it just gets in the way and distracts me, so I prefer it off.

Welcome to the forums and Merry Christmas. :) Just a tip, your signature is breaking the forum rules (too wide by precisely 61 pixels). Might want to fix that before it gets nuked. ;D

The Geologist
December 24, 2004, 7:02 am
quote:Originally posted by paramudbarretard...

At least spell barrett right. Way to pick on the new guy, asshole.

.JeT, don't mind Para...he's just a little defensive ever since people saw how quickly be went back on his word.

frogboy
December 24, 2004, 7:07 am

hypocrite...

Anyway, I don't really use the Sniper Line, I'm too used to the larger crosshair.

AerialAssault
December 24, 2004, 7:27 am
im pretty much with "skate4razors" on that one, it just PlaYz TEh tRicKS oN mY mInD!!11!

Vijchtidoodah
December 24, 2004, 7:39 am
I like the sniper line, just because in the confusion of a firefight I have a tendency to lose my crosshair. Although, these days I rarely use a barret, but when I did it helped me a lot.

Denacke
December 24, 2004, 9:47 am
I turned the sniper line off on SN public, imo it's just an extra advantage for barretusers :)

m00`
December 24, 2004, 9:52 am

go away paramud...

----

anyway plz dont use the barret ;/

DeMonIc
December 24, 2004, 9:53 am
I use it.With every friggin weapon.Even with Saw.I can't live without it.It's like a part of me...and no crosshair shrinking can take my baby away from me!NEVER!

Alamo
December 24, 2004, 10:34 am
hum... When it was added I played quite some time with it (uuuh... old Barrett times). But then I joined the ESL 1on1 where the SL was forbidden, so I practiced without it. Now I don't really think I need it. I don't aim anyway, mostly I shoot on instinct. :)

Teh Panda
December 24, 2004, 10:56 am
I dont use it... I dont really much use barrett nowadays. I steal it from other barrett users ;).
Anyway when i used to play with barret i used SL. (Erm... When 1.2 was released ;X)

Taxista
December 24, 2004, 11:32 am
I dont really like sniper line. i think its for new players that cant aim well.

[S][K]Taxi

Jaz
December 24, 2004, 12:42 pm
I agree D:
Makes aiming alot easier and takes away alot of the challenge of learning a new wep. cos people get used to it then dont give it up.
And to mancer......you assume things too much, if there was an aimbot we would know about it.

Shyo
December 24, 2004, 12:59 pm
i play barrett good enough without sniper line.

line is for new players

oh yeah I play without crosshair too, I just forget its there.

Aquarius
December 24, 2004, 2:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by DenackeI turned the sniper line off on SN public, imo it's just an extra advantage for barretusers :)

Good decision.

.JeT
December 24, 2004, 2:35 pm
Yea, im just fairly new at the game, i know how all the weapons act already, just helps me out when facing some challengnig people

SuperKill
December 24, 2004, 2:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by .JeTI dont really feel like hearing it ok?

just ignore the whining and b1tching.. those reactions are known by some idiotic people.
anyway its usually the newbies that play with sniper line, then they probably understand its pretty useless xD

hf

Deleted User
December 24, 2004, 3:31 pm
I can't play without the sniper line, it keeps me on track. Otherwise I'd forget where I put my cursor and end up shooting a wall. I don't snipe though, except when I'm on my sniper profile.