( search forums )
Different Characters
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
ThE_cHeAt
December 24, 2004, 8:26 pm
Wouldn't it be kinda cool, if you could have different characters than just that little guy?? What if you have something like, aliens or other screwy creations? It would bring a different aspect to the game because you could distinguish clans or people not just by their name, but by the character they chose. I also think that this should be available to all players, not just ones who register.

Hitman
December 24, 2004, 8:28 pm
Yes, excellent idea. I'd love to see this in Soldat.

b00stA
December 24, 2004, 8:29 pm
Hitman, I hate you.

DeMonIc
December 24, 2004, 8:30 pm
Hi, I see you're new to the forums.This suggestion is interesting, but you might wanna look here next time before you start a topic.
As for the suggestion, I still like it.

DT
December 24, 2004, 8:36 pm
... no we don't need aliens or [IMAGE] like that...

_Mancer_
December 24, 2004, 8:39 pm
I like the suggestion. ;O

Vijchtidoodah
December 24, 2004, 8:40 pm
It could be interesting, but I like it as incentive for people to register.

Magniitude
December 24, 2004, 8:49 pm
The idea that I'd like to see is for people who are registered can be allowed to see other poeples custom gosteks. I'd like poeple to see my wolvie, and it'd change the game from the same little soldiers to custimized ones. Almost like game avatars. Of course, they'd still have to follow mod guidelines and not be too big. You can also have an option in the players box for if you want others to see your gostek and for you to see theirs.

Vijchtidoodah
December 24, 2004, 8:53 pm
^Yes, but has definitely been suggested before.

Chakra
December 24, 2004, 9:06 pm
MULTIPLE GOSTEKS is a good idea. The modding community would have a [IMAGE]ing field day.

Jaz
December 24, 2004, 9:15 pm
I cant shoot soldats if they aren't normal id turn it off ;z

Alamo
December 25, 2004, 4:12 pm
I would just like more customization options... Now flame me please ;)

Messiah
December 25, 2004, 7:07 pm
Well, i dont know about the messed up creatures but, Aliens and Predators would be nice, that would look funny though, an alien holding Deagles and going around and killing people 0.o weird but intresting.

Edit Oh and girls in the game would be nice ;) Commando :|!

KeFear
December 25, 2004, 8:35 pm
WEll, i would like to see more customization options too. There isn't too much now. Like we need more hairstyles, and stuff like that. even jackets, trousers, shirts, hats, googles, and so on :>

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 25, 2004, 9:04 pm
maybe have a different set of guns (Just different name and skin, no difference in actual abilities) For different customs (Maybe country specific guns for different gosteks), but I'm against having people make the gosteks on their own. Instead, there should be premade ones that are only available to the registered.

Maluno
December 26, 2004, 3:18 am
I dont think that having different races of soldaters (ie. aliens, etc) would really fit with the general game atmosphere. You can change colors and stuff to make your player look exotic enough already, so why do you need more? Goggles, more hairstyles, etc. are good ideas, but custom gosteks are not-- people would just choose ones that are hard to see or really obnoxious.

Spectral
December 26, 2004, 5:06 am
I want girlz

Orion-77
December 26, 2004, 7:51 am
ohh girls would be nice. but like how are you gonna be able to tell? i onno about you bit i like to pretend that they are girls well the ones with like long hair/dredlock i mean you gotta love jamacin girls rofflas

lastpatriot
December 26, 2004, 1:18 pm
I still say we should be able to customize weights/physique/more facial features. It will keep the original spirit of the game(soldiers vs. soldiers), while satisfying people's originality by having completely round, 400 pound troops, or paper thin, 100 pound troops.

You can also make mustaches(handlebar for me), beards to the ground, change chin size, and, I don't know, change muscle size. For female players/very sick male players, you can fluctuate chest size, etc.

Sure, it's kind of nutty, but it makes more sense than having aliens runing around with AK-74s.

Vijchtidoodah
December 26, 2004, 8:48 pm
It's sort of hard to make your soldat that customizable with only a few pixels to deal with.

Keron Cyst
December 26, 2004, 10:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahIt's sort of hard to make your soldat that customizable with only a few pixels to deal with.

Agreed, but you never know ;-)

MonkeyHead79
December 27, 2004, 12:50 am
I'd like to see an afro hairstyle, and maybe the option to change your helmet colour independantly of your shirt colour.

hypno
December 27, 2004, 1:51 am
>i rekon to make it more real

>they make it so when you shoot the ground a bit flys off and there is a dent where you shoot

lastpatriot
December 27, 2004, 1:58 am
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahIt's sort of hard to make your soldat that customizable with only a few pixels to deal with.

How? You can add/take away the pixels in the chest, just add some lines here and there for muscle tone, add some "blank pixels", to fill in, if you want to make the person gain weight/ make arms bigger/make chest bigger(this is how I suppose you could do it, I lack know how in editing). I actually think it could be done in the next version of Soldat.

MonkeyHead79
December 27, 2004, 1:59 am
So basically, what you're suggesting is destructible terrain? There are already little (cosmetic) bits that fly out of the landscape if you shoot it, I think that's sufficient.

lastpatriot
December 27, 2004, 2:01 am
Yeah, the little bits of dirt and such going around may cause an absurd amount of lag, if there is a lot of it.

hypno
December 27, 2004, 2:03 am
the next soldat will kik ass it will be so cool

whos with me?

hypno
December 27, 2004, 2:04 am
and they could try to make it with not as much lag
would be good

coz i hate the ppl that come on and make it stuff up

Alamo
December 27, 2004, 2:38 am
hypno... ARGH...
1. Use the Edit-Button [IMAGE] if you have something to add to a post, do not double post.
2. Do not post if what you have to say is not related to the topic. Your three posts in this topic are total spam.
(3. It's not 'they' but 'he'. Soldat is a one man project by Michal Marcinkowski)

I still want more customization... But adding one pixel in the gostek makes a huge difference...

hypno
December 27, 2004, 3:38 am
well sorry!

Orion-77
December 27, 2004, 5:34 am
wouldn't making a bigger person/soldier er w/e make a bigger target?? u think it would make a difference?