( search forums )
CSports.net - Game Stats Site
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Kazuki
December 24, 2004, 11:35 pm
CSports.net is a statistics site that includes many, many games. Recently, Soldat was added to the list. They use ASE to get stats for players. Notice that ASE cannot see every server, so CSports can't get stats from every server. Anyway, you can look up any name that they may have in their database. The link is www.csports.net . To look up a name, type it in the empty text box on the navigation bar (left hand side). Select Soldat, and then select Player from the 2 dropdown menus, and click Search Now. It might take a while, but you'll get either results, or statistics. Results happens when you've typed in a name that is contained in more than just one name, and it will give you the choice of which name you want to look up. If you've typed in the exact name, it will take you directly to the stats page. There are stats for each game mode, if the player you're looking up has played that mode. Sometimes the site will take you to a page that recommends registering, but just wait for the "Continue" button to be accessible, and click it.

The site is overall like the U13 site, but it lets you keep track of your performance, and if registered, lets you combine your names (Ex: R7.Kazuki and Kazuki `Syn. into Kazuki `Syn., but the stats will be combined.)

Edit: Please, please don't become stat [IMAGE].

Messiah
December 24, 2004, 11:44 pm
Nice, this is very useful, i like the names being combined thing, it makes things so much easier lol, instead of losing all your kills and stuff.

FliesLikeABrick
December 24, 2004, 11:56 pm
meh. It does have some features that U13SSS does not, but overall it is annoying that it keeps asking you to subscribe and their host is slower than certain things that come out of my ass.

Michal
December 24, 2004, 11:58 pm
This makes me really angry, I didn't ask or give permission to have my stats recorded. I play Soldat for fun, not to see how good I am or what my rank is.

FliesLikeABrick
December 25, 2004, 12:10 am
your stats arent exlusive property of you or anything, nor are they an invasion on your privacy. Do you flip out every time someone kills you saying "You can't know you just killed me!"?

didnt think so.

Chakra
December 25, 2004, 12:16 am
WE'LL SUE!

..it's a pity more servers don't use ASE. I'd love to browse through them again without having to load Soldat, like we all did back when lobby was going through a prolonged bad patch.

Alamo
December 25, 2004, 12:51 am
hum... I play quite often but it only recorded two sessions. It would own with a broader spectrum of servers it takes the stats from but like that... nah... needs to be improved.

m00`
December 25, 2004, 12:55 am
er I dont use ASE, and i think my name is somewere there..??

Alamo
December 25, 2004, 1:29 am
I don't use ASE either (anymore). This site records stats from the servers that are registered in the ASE Lobby. That has nothing to do with using ASE. Servers that show up in the ASE list are monitored... at least that's what I'm thinking.

Cookie.
December 25, 2004, 2:53 am
taht is quite awesome ^__^ better than U13 because it shows stats for most ase servers ^_^

Jello
December 25, 2004, 5:05 pm
Nice, but the graphs are hard as hell to understand.
I don't mind this, but I do think that one strong point of Soldat's multiplayer system is that there's no integrated rank system, aside from your rank in the server. That way people aren't so uptight about their kills and deaths, and they're more experimental. Eg: if my respect was based on an overall rank on everything I would probably stick to one gun that I'm good at (like AK or Deagles) and never experiment with other guns. I don't mind this site though, its a little too obscure to be very inflential.

Messiah
December 25, 2004, 7:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrickmeh. It does have some features that U13SSS does not, but overall it is annoying that it keeps asking you to subscribe and their host is slower than certain things that come out of my ass.

Well, it dosent have the combining of different accounts, which would be really nice if U13 had it too, but in general U13 is better.

LazehBoi
December 25, 2004, 8:14 pm
I think I prefer U13. Sure, CSPORTS shows you your stats, but the ranking system is a bit screwy.

STEELIX
December 26, 2004, 11:59 am
meh, I'm not ranked :(

palloco
December 26, 2004, 12:10 pm
Top players
1 Soldier(2)
2 Yourself
3 yourself
4 Urubaka!
5 Soldier(3)

LOL

And they are unable to spell correctly creator's game

FliesLikeABrick
December 26, 2004, 6:40 pm
I used to combine stats on u13, but i stopped combining accounts for a couple reasons. 1) even though i had a script to do it for me, I still had to go in, find the exact account names, and put it in the script etc etc, not really a big deal. the bigger reason (2) is because when i added the forum signature image thing, that relies heavily on the User ID that i assign people in my database, and if i combine people, they end up with different user IDs. If i were to lose the stats database and have to reload it from the logs, nobody's UID would end up being correct with what their images point to now. I also added a lot more information to the stats database and the script is very outdated. I see that people would like to be able to combine their names, and I am considering reinstating this with a new script.

Edit: I have recreated my player stats combination script. Anyone who needs names combined please IM me.

N1nj@
December 26, 2004, 10:42 pm
FLAB, better off making a new topic about it.

FliesLikeABrick
December 26, 2004, 11:57 pm
good call

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=19801

Cookie.
December 27, 2004, 9:35 pm
1 could just cheat to boost there rankings here however... fill a server with boogie men and kill away instant stat increase :PP

IDF-RIPsta
December 30, 2004, 10:55 am
Weeee!
I'm in the top 8% in Soldat DM.

Wait... that's CSPORT rating...
Current ranking 1,113... not that grand...