( search forums )
Alpha, Beta, Charle, Delta, Spectator
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Leo Da Lunerfox
December 25, 2004, 4:15 am
This is what the change team selections should be. Many a time when I host a server and need to go out for something, I'm always left standing there as an afk, and its not helping my team's score, or the game gets stuck...etc. What I propose, is a way to change my team to Specator so I can be afk and not worry about having things get stuck or not work.

m00`
December 25, 2004, 4:25 am
make a dedicated server? o.0

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 25, 2004, 4:40 am
Yeah, but sometimes, I want to play also, and I only have one comp that I can use.

m00`
December 25, 2004, 4:41 am
you can join ur own dedicated server ;p

Michal
December 25, 2004, 4:58 am
Good idea anyway, sometimes when I have to eat or something but still want to keep an eye on my team this would be useful.

Alamo
December 25, 2004, 12:00 pm
Yeah... you should be able to join the specs directly (without leaving the server) anyway :)

KeFear
December 25, 2004, 8:39 pm
Yes, make a dedicated server and join your own. But i like the idea, i would use it too sometimes.

Gen0cide
December 26, 2004, 5:54 am
When I join my own dedicated server everyone gets connection problems randomly and it screws it for everyone so I either dont make em or dont go

Orion-77
December 26, 2004, 7:46 am
i would like the ability to go from spectator to alpha or bravo. it would be awsome. cause getting in and out of servers to go to spec or nething else is a pain specially when you try to get back in and it is "full" ... oh the sadness!

Messiah
December 26, 2004, 8:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by Orion-77i would like the ability to go from spectator to alpha or bravo. it would be awsome. cause getting in and out of servers to go to spec or nething else is a pain specially when you try to get back in and it is "full" ... oh the sadness!

Yeah, that would be quicker, i think thats a good idea.

IDF-RIPsta
December 27, 2004, 1:32 pm
I would like having a different counter for Spectators:
Example:
Max Players - 4
Max Spectators - 2

Unlucky 13
December 29, 2004, 12:02 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`you can join ur own dedicated server ;p

Meh I always get super-lag when I do that...
Anyway, great idea, because every time I leave my fav. servers, they fill up SOOOOOOOOO quick.

Toumaz
December 29, 2004, 9:59 am
Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Spectator.

I really like this idea. Implent it please, Michal.

Elephant_Hunter
December 29, 2004, 7:37 pm
I think the command should be

/setteam0 playernumber

hypno
December 29, 2004, 9:45 pm
great idear i would use it all the time
god job

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 30, 2004, 5:43 am
well, I think the main problem here would be that a bunch of people specing, which in turn, lags up the server. I think a way to counteract this would be to have a timelimit for specing (set by server),and a lower kick percentage when in spec (1/2)

Spectral
December 30, 2004, 5:08 pm
yes good idea, setting a team as spectator would also allow spectator bots to take up the #2 slot of mute