( search forums )
Custom Rules without making new mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Leo Da Lunerfox
December 25, 2004, 4:39 am
Have you ever played a teammatch and wanted only 2 team to slug it out, only to have some turd get in the game as green or yellow, and doesn't change when people ask them to, and in the end, turning teammatch into a giant pointless fragfest?

Have you ever had a guy Tk your own team for no reason, and vote kick doesn't work because all the guys on the other team wants him to stay in?

Well, all of this could be solved, without an admin, if something similar to a command trigger is implantmented, an Example:

(I suck with VB, I've only been learning for 3 months)

X = 0
If *"Any Player" or "Specific Players"* JoinTeam3 OR JoinTeam4
Then
*Player* /setteam 1 OR 2 AND *Player* /kill
msg "*Player* no joining yellow or green team,
x + 1
Loop till X = *Whatever times they're allowed to disobey the rules*
Then *Player* Kick/Ban

This would mean that any (or certain) players who join a certain team will be sent to the correct team and killed for the round(If on Survival), and if they repeatedly does it, the server kicks. This can be modified, like so:

x = 0
If *"Any Player" or "Specific Players"* /votekick
Then
x + 1
x = 0 After *Time that it takes to reset the voting limit*
Loop till X = *Whatever times they're allowed to votekick*
Then *Player* Kick/Ban
ServerMsg "*Player* has been kicked for massive voting*"

To stop people from massively voting to annoying others.

Of course, many many more things can be done other then these if Command Triggers are to be implantmented, and I believe that it should be made, as a seperate program that need to be downloaded from the main site(To prevent noobs from making bad servers) and should be designed with premade dropdown lists to help people who have problems with VB be able to make these Triggers also. A good example of such a system would be the Starcraft map maker, and look at how many custom (and fun) maps came from that.

Feel free to add more uses here if you think that it'll be useful.

Messiah
December 26, 2004, 12:56 am
So your saying, you want it to kick people who vote to many times? Like if someone is vote spamming, they get banned/kicked? Thats not a bad idea, and i was wondering if you could set a server to kick a specific person right when they join, every time like example: Soldier has joined the game. A program or server feature *Soldier* kick, than you wouldnt have to consistantly kick people, all the time like hackers.

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 26, 2004, 8:29 am
Yes, exactly what I'm trying to say, but with something like this implantmented. Server hosters would have a much much greater control over their own servers, and they wouldn't have to babysit it all the time to have people follow rules. For example, when I host my Climb or Race map, I don't want to keep setting them to red team myself. Instead, if this was implantmented, the server would automatically send everyone who joins blue/yellow/green to red. With some imagination and common sense, many many unoffical modes could be made without Michal cramming the main menu with untested gamemodes.

Meandor
December 26, 2004, 3:00 pm
/me likes
Would be good to make variations to the current game modes with particular maps and rules that can't be enforced right now.

DT
December 28, 2004, 4:58 am
uhg.. don't remind me of school...
but yea that would be useful for the eggholes that try to ruin it

Messiah
December 28, 2004, 5:19 am
quote:Originally posted by Leo Da LunerfoxYes, exactly what I'm trying to say, but with something like this implantmented. Server hosters would have a much much greater control over their own servers, and they wouldn't have to babysit it all the time to have people follow rules. For example, when I host my Climb or Race map, I don't want to keep setting them to red team myself. Instead, if this was implantmented, the server would automatically send everyone who joins blue/yellow/green to red. With some imagination and common sense, many many unoffical modes could be made without Micheal cramming the main menu with untested gamemodes.

Yeah, i think its been suggested before, but im totaly with it, it would really help keep some hackers and people you dont want in your server, to get kicked, oh and its 'Michal' :P Dont get the creaters name wrong, shame on you!

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 28, 2004, 5:26 am
Oh nos! Completely my mistake, edited. Please don't smite me o great creator :P

Deleted User
December 28, 2004, 9:49 am
Or maybe the answer is to be able to choose how many teams there are in teammatch :P

Michal tried to do that for the last version but ran into problems, but I'm sure he'll manage to do it soon.

BManx2000
December 30, 2004, 4:34 pm
But the teams setting thing was just an example.

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 30, 2004, 10:53 pm
Yeah, although Stalky's idea would be a little more convinient, it wouldn't give us alot of possiblies.