( search forums )
A soldat Ezine!?good idea..or omfg..dumb
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Gen0cide
December 25, 2004, 5:51 am
Im wondering if making a soldat maybe weekly or monthly magazine would be a good idea or bad..(well ezine..)
Maybe put clanwars or server advertisements and important forum news in it so instead of looking all over about 5 diffrent sites and forums you could sign up to recieve this or go somewhere and get it.Maybe even put screenshots and such..soldat adventure cartoons..the works.
Please tell me if this is a good idea or not,provide feedback,and even if you want to help :D
also you can sign up on www.gngforum.tk and use the forums..I'll probably make a topic there for it if it goes through.Thanks a lot.

THIS HAS BEEN MADE!
www.soldatezine.tk
Need a website!

Messiah
December 25, 2004, 7:06 am
Wow, thats not a bad idea man, like make a magazine about what goes on monthly and the big scoops on stuff like CTF leagues or TDM Leagues :P and whats the big talk every month, i really like this idea hope you go for it ;) You got my support.

Morik
December 25, 2004, 7:37 am
uber momzord! Hell yes do it, i would sign up for it in a heartbeat...maybe even half a heartbeat

Vijchtidoodah
December 25, 2004, 8:13 am
You should also get someone (chakra?) do make a weekly cartoon or something and sponsor the best movies at the time.

I hope this turns out great, good idea!

m00`
December 25, 2004, 8:36 am
This idea is old, and it was thought of ages ago before any of u were in this forum, too bad it was never made :o

Messiah
December 25, 2004, 9:09 am
Way to discourage him, i really beleive we can produce this dont listen to m00` hes only good at making sexy interfaces ;)

m00`
December 25, 2004, 9:22 am
Im not discouraging anyone, just pointing out that this idea was thought of before, just never made :p

palloco
December 25, 2004, 9:38 am
Yeah, Duke33 tried to make this... but he also got quite unactive. People like Victi... with thousands of posts per day could do something productive like this.

Chakra
December 25, 2004, 11:00 am
Nevermind past failures. Frankly i'd love to print off Soldat News and see what you lot are upto while I take a dump.

STEELIX
December 25, 2004, 12:31 pm
Nice idea immo, I'd be of course willing to help if you're going through with it :D

Skizz0rz
December 25, 2004, 1:04 pm
ill help? good idea!

Vijchtidoodah
December 25, 2004, 4:26 pm
Palloco, I wasn't aware that six or seven posts a day made me a candidate for constant ridicule. Please stop.

Back on topic, I don't know how I could possibly help as I'm not much good with anything related to this field, but I could give a hand if you need.

LazehBoi
December 25, 2004, 7:55 pm
Hey, that is a pretty good idea...

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 25, 2004, 9:11 pm
I'll be able to help if there was a mapping section of the Ezine, featuring new maps..."Map of the week/month/year" and map reviews.

Well, first we have to set up a main site for our operations, then we can plan what goes on next. Also, we need someone to host a database server to record all the email addresses and send the Ezines.

Chakra
December 25, 2004, 10:29 pm
map reviews,
server reviews,
clan reviews and history,
interviews,
league news,
articles covering various aspects of Soldat or beliefs,
tips and tricks,
interface mod reviews,
movie reviews,

etc etc etc..

Maluno
December 25, 2004, 10:53 pm
Yes! I support this idea 100%, and am willing to contribute to its production in any way i can... although im not good at much... Are we talking about dedicated columnists or just going on whatever is contributed?

lastpatriot
December 25, 2004, 11:21 pm
Yeah, I think that there should be guest contributions, as well as dedicated columnists. I like this idea, especially the comics.

Gen0cide
December 26, 2004, 5:41 am
Wow,thanks everyone for the good feedback ^^
Would anyone like to help make the website and get a free host or maybe even u13 could help?
I'm going to need reporters,and someone to hold a database or a free database someone could link me to.I may search for one too.Any help appreciated,I'm starting a whole new forum for this.
Btw,This magazine is To be named.Naming suggestions on the forums.
Any help apreciated.
http://s6.invisionfree.com/Soldat_Magazine/

lastpatriot
December 26, 2004, 1:25 pm
I guess I could be a reporter, seeing as my art skills are... not up to speed, to say the least. What would you need reported?

A name idea could be "Soldat of Fortune".

Chakra
December 26, 2004, 2:06 pm
Can't be assed registering to your forums. I suppose I can do some graphic designin', i'm a fairly good columnist, and I can do ya a cartoon too. MSN: chak_red@hotmail.com

Gen0cide
December 26, 2004, 8:25 pm
Why wont you register to my forums chakra?I need you to if you want a job