( search forums )
Barret M82A1 - What is it?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
mar77a
December 25, 2004, 8:22 pm
Until version 1.2.1, barret seemed to be an assault rifle that killed in one shot...people complained because it was to accurate. Now, in version 1.2.1, Barret is an authentic sniper, and when people snipe ("camp"?) they get flamed for that. What do you want the snipers to do? Use the barret as an assault rifle? It's not possible, cause of the bink and inacuraccy when moving...If "sniping" is coward stuff, remove the barret, cause as an assault rifle it doesnt work anymore.

(Hey, if topics are not started, then the forum disapears.)

BMF
December 25, 2004, 8:27 pm
I use it for assault all the time. Get some skills bud

mar77a
December 25, 2004, 8:35 pm
But admit that since bink and inacuraccy while moving was implemented, the number of kills you get has lowered...

DT
December 25, 2004, 8:41 pm
yea the m79 move in

Aquarius
December 25, 2004, 8:56 pm
Barret is a sniper rifle. It should be used as a sniper rifle. There is nothing bad with sniping, but it's not very efficient (except defending in Infiltration). There is hardly any real camping in Soldat, maybe except spawn camping.

BMF
December 25, 2004, 9:00 pm
Well I will tell you this. The accuracy of the barret right now is better than it was in 1.05b. It just take a little time to get used to. However the bink can really mess you up. So yea assaulting with the barret had become more difficult.

But people will keep complaining dude, I just would not pay no mind. I assault with barret often, and people call me a barretard. Don't take it close to heart that's all.

For example guys like Aquarius start telling you how to use the barret. Barret is a sniper rifle and it SHOULD be used as a sniper rifle? Nigga please. Any gun in any situation should be used in the most efficient way possible. If the game allows you to successfully assault with a barret, then go for it.

That's how Michal made the game Aquarius, you are nobody to start telling people how to use the guns.

b00stA
December 25, 2004, 9:29 pm
BMF, Aquarius didn't tell anyone how to use the Barret.
It *SHOULD* be used as a sniper rifle, because it is a sniper rifle.

DeMo
December 25, 2004, 9:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by BMFWell I will tell you this. The accuracy of the barret right now is better than it was in 1.05b. It just take a little time to get used to. However the bink can really mess you up. So yea assaulting with the barret had become more difficult.

Agreed.
The bink really messes everything, but I assault with it all the time too.

Personally, I never camp.
I hate to be stationary.. I prefer to keep moving around shooting people, throwing grenades and getting some health and new nades when needed.

Camping sucks, you get a lot more kills if you move around instead of being stationary and revealing your position everytime you kill somebody.

BMF
December 25, 2004, 9:42 pm
b00sta did you code this game? In real life Barrett is automatic, and it can be and it is used as an assault weapon. Who are you to tell me how it SHOULD be used?!

In any case there is no such gun as barret (one 't') in real life, like Hitman pointed out in his recent thread. So I declare barret an assault weapon. And I say that the barret *should* be used as an assault weapon. How's that sound to you son?

b00stA
December 25, 2004, 9:52 pm
ffs, will you stop turning around everything for once?

[code]8. Barret M82A1
This sniper weapon has incredible power. It was designed to
pierce tank armor. The Army didn't even plan to use it against people.
But who cares?
Sniper mode available if you crouch or go prone.[/code]

But in the end "who cares?"
Now have fun disassembling this post. Have a go at it.

LazehBoi
December 25, 2004, 9:55 pm
I say anyone that complains about camping with the barret (as long as it's not in tunnels or in the enemies spawn) should cut themselves like the emos they are.

quote:Originally posted by BMF
b00sta did you code this game? In real life Barrett is automatic, and it can be and it is used as an assault weapon. Who are you to tell me how it SHOULD be used?!

In any case there is no such gun as barret (one 't') in real life, like Hitman pointed out in his recent thread. So I declare barret an assault weapon. And I say that the barret *should* be used as an assault weapon. How's that sound to you son?

Actually, IN REAL LIFE (please note that Soldat != Real life) Barrett is a brand of .50 calibre rifles. Who said this game was supposed to be like real life, anyway? Do you see this barret being an automatic? I sure don't.

BMF
December 25, 2004, 10:01 pm
Ok b00sta you were right, I was wrong. Do you need to rub it in?

Kazuki
December 25, 2004, 10:05 pm
Hey, has anyone invented jet boots in real life yet? -_-

The fact of the matter is that Weapon #8 is a weapon within the game. That being said, it has no specifications. Soldat gives you the freedom to use it however possible. You can call it Double Dildo or Headbasher, but it won't make a difference. It is a weapon with specified damage counter and range, and it can be used in anyway possible.

m00`
December 25, 2004, 10:07 pm
yes, "rubs it in BMF's face" EAT THAT!

Teh Panda
December 25, 2004, 10:25 pm
Hey. = Dont fly with barrett. So you can shoot more accurately. That's the point.

BMF
December 25, 2004, 10:26 pm
Shooting barret on the fly takes the most skill, and it's the most fun

Chakra
December 25, 2004, 10:27 pm
It's a little annoying and a bit of a shock to be killed before you've got round to shooting back, and alot of peeps can take up camping in rather silly areas like narrow tunnels and such....

..otherwise don't stress. Perfectly alright weapon, just a bit of a kick in the shins for some when they have non-campers to worry about too. A sniper on your team is still very beneficial and could even change the tide of victory.

lastpatriot
December 25, 2004, 10:57 pm
I personally never use it, but I see it used all the time for assault. However, if you dodge the shot, they're a sitting duck. This is why I never use it.

BMF
December 25, 2004, 11:07 pm
lastpatriot I had that problem for a while, before I learned not to miss

Michal
December 25, 2004, 11:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by BMFIn real life Barrett is automatic, and it can be and it is used as an assault weapon.
WTF M82A1 is semiautomatic. It is never used as an assault weapon (in real life). Please explain to me how a 30 lb 1.5 meter long rifle that cannot be effectively fired unsupported is used as an assault weapon. It is not.

BMF
December 26, 2004, 12:42 am
How many times can I be wrong in one thread?

mar77a
December 26, 2004, 1:01 am
2 so far.

Morik
December 26, 2004, 1:12 am
I respect people who can use the barrett on the fly. Because i dont practice with the barrett, thus i suck at it. (not totally)

Gen0cide
December 26, 2004, 5:35 am
Hey bmf..asking why my name is in your sig..and with an 0
Nvm just read it -.- wtf lol

Nos-D
December 28, 2004, 9:31 am
It`s a lame sniper wpn.
----------
Why?
-It`s shoot all wides b2b (means really far!), it`s can kill 2 ppl in one shot, it`s shoot strate.
----------

Got That?<3.

Meandor
December 28, 2004, 10:58 am
Oh, c'mon, how often do you get a double kill with barret? Once in a month?
Matches with barret are much more fun anyway, keep whining and not enjoying soldat you anti-barret geniuses, way to go.

Moser
December 28, 2004, 2:18 pm
Don't whine about all these guys who assault close quarters with a barret. Yeh, its frustrating, but if you complain too much, you're too obsessed with games and not reality.

DT
December 28, 2004, 3:35 pm
yes barrets are a part of the game... much like pie is a part of you
anyways you need one shot weapons its just part of the game

DannyLB
December 28, 2004, 3:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by DT much like pie is a part of you

Nice one genius.

http://www.barrettrifles.com/

Find pretty much everything about barrets

Combat
December 28, 2004, 5:35 pm
IMO is the Barret a lame weapon.Sorry,but its the same like you would play Moorhuhn xD

AerialAssault
December 28, 2004, 8:24 pm
barrett is a weapon that can or cannot be used as a sniper weapon. its primary function should be sniping, but if your skilled or just stupid you can use it as an assault. the bink effect has made the barrett a balanced weapon and now autoers stand a chance against it.

Morik
December 28, 2004, 8:47 pm
I dont see anything wrong with the barret. I find that it works good with every other weapon in the game. If you wanna complain about a weapon, complain that the chainsaw is not used as much as it should be :D

hypno
December 28, 2004, 11:35 pm
it should be used however anyone wants to use it becoz there are no rules
and plus its quite fun playing with a sniper rifle
thats my opinion

Messiah
December 29, 2004, 1:19 am
I use to hate barret, but after a while with playing with them you get used to it, and now that less people are camping with it, its not a problem, those noobs who complain about it 24/7 will get over it someday too, because no matter how much they complain, the barret stays the way it is, unless the creater thinks otherwise :D

Keron Cyst
December 29, 2004, 6:24 am
I never start with a Barret unless I'm bored and wanna practice sniping. I usually replace my Secondary with 'em, and use 'em as short-/medium-ranged one-time assault weapons. I think it's fine, especially with the ricochet.

December 29, 2004, 11:20 am
Think of it this way: The game weapon is spelled "Barret". Does it occur to you that it could be a fictional weapon that happens to have some similarities to the "Barrett"?

Keron Cyst
December 29, 2004, 8:42 pm
Both the Barret and Barrett exist, but I rather refer to it with one t to stay true to the game, not real life :-D

ThE_cHeAt
December 29, 2004, 8:52 pm
There are plenty of people that run with barrets, but i see your point. But i don't think they should take it away, because it's a great gun, and a powerful one in the right hands.

Roy
December 29, 2004, 9:33 pm
I'm very happy with the Barret now. In my opinion it is fixed and balanced well with the other weapons, unlike before. Yeah, camping and sniping are annoying, but at least the Barret is finally being used for what it should be. I mean, come on; any experience Soldatter will tell you that there are dozens of ways to get around and defeat a camper. Camping is a flawed strategy.

F3nyx
January 1, 2005, 10:59 pm
quote:Think of it this way: The game weapon is spelled "Barret". Does it occur to you that it could be a fictional weapon that happens to have some similarities to the "Barrett"?Yep, and the M82A1 part is just coincidence...

[URL]

The only differences between the real-life and Soldat versions are 1) the spelling of "Barret(t)" and 2) semi-automatic versus bolt-action, which is only for balance's sake. It's as real a weapon as any of the other guns in Soldat.