( search forums )
U13 2 millionth kill... prize?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
FliesLikeABrick
December 26, 2004, 6:01 am
I'm thinking about giving out a prize to the person who gets the 2 millionth kill on U13... any ideas? I was inspired by the "last person to post gets a free license" thread

[IMAGE]

Edit: added that total kill counter thing ^^. It counts how many kills are in the database as of the last update.

karmazon
December 26, 2004, 6:07 am
Man, you're giving away too much already :P
But yeah, that would be nice

FliesLikeABrick
December 26, 2004, 6:20 am
idk, just something small to motivate people to play. I think with the 2 millionth kill i will kick off the new rank system based on Points/Deaths.

Kazuki
December 26, 2004, 6:20 am
I agree with Karmazon on this one. Just having the recognition of getting the 2 millionth kill should be enough. However, if you really want to give something away, the only thing that came into my head was web space. I don't like that idea very much because you're already giving free web space to many of the Soldat players.

Messiah
December 26, 2004, 6:38 am
Well, theres a good thing about this and theres also a downside, when i go to U13 server no one goes for the flag, they stay at their base to get there kill ratio up this pisses me off alot, how everyone just waits for the other team to come, and by giving away a prize for most kills would increase this, you should do Caps Or Deaths, instead of kills, and yes Flab, you do too much ;) We love you <3

FliesLikeABrick
December 26, 2004, 7:57 am
Messiah, I realize statwhoring has become a problem in my server, as well as in others that are starting to use stats. This is why, upon the 2 millionth kill, I will switch to the Points/Deaths ranking system, which puts a relatively large emphasis on the 25 points you get by successfully scoring for your team. 1 flag score is then as effective as 25 kills, again related inversely to your number of deaths. I would publicly like to thank Poop for suggesting this ranking method.

That should alleviate statwhoring issues after it is on the site for a bit.

Any suggestions as far as prize or something?

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 26, 2004, 8:31 am
A joyride on your soon to be made Netcar? I think that would be an Awsome prize.

Teh Panda
December 26, 2004, 12:12 pm
Haha. Leo's right :D

_Mancer_
December 26, 2004, 4:37 pm
What are ther kills currently up to, Flies?

Jaz
December 26, 2004, 4:44 pm
Imagine the fight when its like 1999999 and there trying to get it. do a server msg or something :D.

Magniitude
December 26, 2004, 4:50 pm
Maybe you should just have their name be on the website or something.

Deleted User
December 26, 2004, 5:23 pm
Make them an admin for a few weeks, and if they already are an admin, put their name on the site and have it say "(name here) IS THE BESTEST SOLDATER EVAR!"

Magniitude
December 26, 2004, 5:29 pm
But how can you trust them as admin?

morpheus
December 26, 2004, 5:37 pm
buy the winner a reg key

Chakra
December 26, 2004, 5:59 pm
I'd like a hug..

Why not just slap their name on the website with alot of flashing lights?

DannyLB
December 26, 2004, 6:44 pm
2 milion? Can anyone actually reach that number?

Deleted User
December 26, 2004, 7:05 pm
*reaches up and touches 2,000,000*

Ooo..it tingles...

Tha Doggfather
December 26, 2004, 7:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by DannyLB2 milion? Can anyone actually reach that number?

He means in total, not 2 million kills for 1 player.

~_~

Messiah
December 26, 2004, 8:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrickMessiah, I realize statwhoring has become a problem in my server, as well as in others that are starting to use stats. This is why, upon the 2 millionth kill, I will switch to the Points/Deaths ranking system, which puts a relatively large emphasis on the 25 points you get by successfully scoring for your team. 1 flag score is then as effective as 25 kills, again related inversely to your number of deaths. I would publicly like to thank Poop for suggesting this ranking method.

That should alleviate statwhoring issues after it is on the site for a bit.

Any suggestions as far as prize or something?

Good idea, this fixes my problem lol, and i think you should go for it, but what would the prize be? Maybe ask for a free lisence from Michal, and thanks again Flab, for your great server and everything you do for us ;)

FliesLikeABrick
December 26, 2004, 8:19 pm
i dont need to ask him for a free license, its only $9 lol... letting someone drive the NetCar might work out, assuming i finish the thing soon like i want to. It is really expensive and it should be considered a treat if that is what it ends up being. No doubt they will get their little piece of fame on the U13 site as the 2 millionth killer

Messiah
December 26, 2004, 8:33 pm
Does Sp00ge still play? He holds the highest kill's at the moment.

FliesLikeABrick
December 26, 2004, 8:59 pm
yes he still plays, but not under that clan tag. now he is just SpOOge. If i reinstate the combination of player names then I will combine both names if he asks

Hitman
December 26, 2004, 10:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by Tha Doggfatherquote:Originally posted by DannyLB2 milion? Can anyone actually reach that number?

He means in total, not 2 million kills for 1 player.

~_~
Roffles

DannyLB
December 27, 2004, 5:07 am
ohh i see, glad he edited otherwise i would still not get it :P

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 27, 2004, 7:09 am
Imagine, what if "Soldier" got the last kill? Oh the horror.

liquidis x snake
December 27, 2004, 7:15 am
2 million kills total? Nonsense.

2 million kills for a single player is the only thing that deserves recognition.

Got 1,999,999 kills but Mother forced you to uninstall Soldat?

TOO F*CKING BAD.

FliesLikeABrick
December 27, 2004, 6:04 pm
Lunerfox, i have my scripts configured to ignore kills by soldier