IDEAS FOR NEW VERSION OF SOLDAT
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
December 26, 2004, 11:00 am
I want posts my ideas for new version of soldat ...:D
..so let's start it :

I want new weapons...I like to have in soldat this weapons:
1. JackHammer [fast shooting shotgun :P]

2. ..........(?) [fast shooting sniper rifle , it will have less strong how barret but it will have scope....
...dunno name :-?

3. Molotow Coctail [like nade but it will make a flame pool after fall]

More flame ! I like flame and in soldat is so slack of it :(
When u kill someone with nade i want corps to BURN !

Next what will be cool is WATER :o) i want water in soldat ...
...when u shoot to it bullets will be retardet and your soldier will have a H2O bar below Jet pack.

new game mods :Defuse and Hostage [like CS :D]

and cash mode ...u will earn money after score , kill and when u give Double or something like that [triple , Gimme more. ...] u will earn bonus money ...for money u can buy guns , nades and sec weps :)

thats all ideas for now .... ill post more :P

so wrute your ideas and about my ideas :D

Alamo
December 26, 2004, 11:21 am
1. new guns: been suggested, been refused; no new guns please, we have all we need
2. flames... fragmental grenades explode and send shrapnel flying everywhere; they do not involve fire...
3. CS-game modes: been suggested, been refused; plus SOLDAT IS NOT CS AND WILL HOPEFULLY NEVER BE!
4. cash mode: been suggested, been refused; go play CS

Please post new ideas only if they have not been suggested already. Read the Sticky and use the Search. Thanks a lot.
Vehicles would be a nice addition though.

m00`
December 26, 2004, 11:21 am
get lost counter strike freak

Deleted User
December 26, 2004, 11:33 am
Alamo , im sorry then i annoy u ...:'(

m00`
December 26, 2004, 11:40 am
just dont post stupid ideas, all these ideas are basically from coutner strike, THIS IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT GAME PLEASE DONT BRING COUNTER STRIKE INTO SOLDAT :(

damnnation
December 26, 2004, 12:33 pm
go away and play your beloved cs and soldat is the way it is TOTELY ANTI-CS

Deleted User
December 26, 2004, 12:41 pm
Yeah ? I will not be so sure about that Soldat isnt CS ...
...maybe u re right but it is close to CS ...same weps , same sound of guns ant these are from Hl CS ....
I think u are a no-realistic playing players , im right ?

Deleted User
December 26, 2004, 12:58 pm
Listen Dairy: Soldat is NOT CS!

blackdevil0742
December 26, 2004, 2:05 pm
lol
this isn't cs and it will never be...erm I think so

Meandor
December 26, 2004, 2:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by Alamo1. new guns: been suggested, been refused; no new guns please, we have all we need

That's not true. There are some possibilities for new weapons.

Deleted User
December 26, 2004, 3:05 pm
I dont want soldat CS i want only post MY IDEAS!! for new soldat wersion .....nothing more nothing less ...
...Or landmines [?] mines are in real war , arent there ?

Flash grenade , Smoke grenade , Mortar , new in-game-music i love that in soldat is PERFECT ! [gore necromantica and bloody soil]

new pplay mode : king of the hill ...

But i think soldat can have some stuff [CS , Q3a , Unreal T]
there are good mechanisms and ideas like have your favorite servs IP saved that will be cool ...i think :P

Alamo
December 26, 2004, 3:21 pm
I told you to use the bloody Search! You are new here and have to learn how to do things, ok, but don't make the same mistakes over and over again ok? Maybe my reaction was a bit exaggerated, sorry about that.

Mines have been suggested lots of times (including a post by me when I was noob)
King of the Hill has also been suggested
Mortar, flash grenades and smoke grenades too

Fav IPs... Try the favourite_servers.txt in the Soldat folder. Add the IPs there, you can access the IPs from the dropdown menu in soldat.
new in-game music would be cool but we have MP3 support, don't we?

damnnation
December 26, 2004, 4:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by DairyYeah ? I will not be so sure about that Soldat isnt CS ...
...maybe u re right but it is close to CS ...same weps , same sound of guns ant these are from Hl CS ....

dude the soundssss are way different then the ones in cs and is there a barrett in cs; NO , m79; NO , chainsaw; NO , LAW; NO , Throwing knifes; NO....

Deleted User
December 26, 2004, 4:19 pm
U re so bad ;'( ...U [IMAGE]*d off all my ideas...
I didnt read thay i only post here MY ideas ...
ok ?
Leave me alone ...
...huh a 2 question Alamo water was ? I think was ...its water ...all can have that idea and that 2nd do u play realistic mode or not ?

Magniitude
December 26, 2004, 4:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by DairyU re so bad ;'( ...U [IMAGE]*d off all my ideas...
I didnt read thay i only post here MY ideas ...
ok ?
Leave me alone ...
...huh a 2 question Alamo water was ? I think was ...its water ...all can have that idea and that 2nd do u play realistic mode or not ?

Heh learn to type...

All this has been suggested before. Soldat is meant to be straightfoward action. Anything else would ruin the balance (fast shooting sniper rifle and shotgun?) I have to admit, Counterstrike is fun, and the modes rule, but thats counterstrike and not soldat. And just because soldat has the same guns, doesnt mean its like CS. A lot of shooters have the same guns. The ideas SOUND good, but if it were implemented, it would change the game drastically.

DeMonIc
December 26, 2004, 4:49 pm
Dairy, indeed these were suggested, all of them, and most of them were turned down.Anyway, I play real mode.How does that have to do with any of your suggestions?

Jaz
December 26, 2004, 4:49 pm
You were all too harsh on him, posted some ideas, said he's sorry and you keep coming at him, leave it...

Deleted User
December 26, 2004, 6:00 pm
Maybe I find idea what isnt so drastic and it will be cool :D
Yea , Demonic ? With what NICK do u play ???
Im Dairy {RazoR}
Yes it has .... anyway I ll still post my ideas because I find that right innovation !
[u said drastic change and RICOCHET isnt drastic ??? u must change tactic a little anf all must go to forward no to back .... I mean soldat will be changed too ,with my help or without ...]

Heh and Ty Jez for assistance :D and do u look like that man on your pic ??? :P

damnnation
December 26, 2004, 6:07 pm
you will keep posting cs-stuff to put in soldat ok then you wiould better be prepared the get flamed as hell...

DeMonIc
December 26, 2004, 6:16 pm
I'm BC-R|Demonic ;P
But before you make a suggestion, please use search and look at the stickies.They will help you a lot.For example if you really want to post the idea, you can add more pros with it than it had before, maybe winning a few chaps here.

DT
December 26, 2004, 8:01 pm
why don't people use the search button... its it [IMAGE]ing cursed or something?

we need to make the stickys flash so it catchs the attention or newbies so they read it...

Alamo
December 26, 2004, 8:04 pm
It doesn't work for some... but the Stickies could definitely be read.

Messiah
December 26, 2004, 8:12 pm
Oh, this will get locked if people keep flaming =/

Vijchtidoodah
December 26, 2004, 8:20 pm
1. Faster shooting shotgun - The spaz is already fast enough.
2. Faster shooting sniper rifle - It's just not necessary, we already have the ruger.
3. Molotov Cocktail - Been suggested, but I still like it
4. More flames - Perhaps as an option, but not built in.
5. Water - YES! This suggestion haas been around forever, but that doesn't mean it won't be cool.

6. Defuse Mode - Who cares if it's in CS? I hate that game, but I think it would be a wonderful new option to be implemented into Soldat. It could either be like traditional soldat, where you have to plant in a certain location and defend it with the advantage of respawn; or you could completely copy CS, and have the survival mode option on. Don't knock this idea just because it's in another game that you don't like, it would be very fun. And if you don't like it, you don't have to play on those servers, so don't deprive the rest of us from this mode just because you wouldn't want to play it.

7. Hostage - While this could also be another addition, getting the bots to become hostages would take a lot of work. This one can definitely wait.
8. Cash Mode - Cash is a terrible idea, just go into an advanced server.

Deleted User
December 26, 2004, 8:46 pm
TY VIJCHTIDOODAH finaly a normal post ... can i delete the old ones ??? i mean that what i didnt write ...

anyway why all still say CS ??? i dont like that game so, I didnt play it ....hmm ... that was damn long time ! But i post only ideas no CS things what could be in soldat ...

...Messiah ? only person who can get flamed is U ! u wrote off topic ...
and u have : *think before post* [?]

Vijchtidoodah
December 26, 2004, 8:52 pm
Dairy, just because I agreed with you doesn't mean that the other posts aren't equally valid.

m00`
December 26, 2004, 8:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by Dairy
Heh and Ty Jez for assistance :D and do u look like that man on your pic ??? :P

yes thats him

Jaz
December 26, 2004, 8:58 pm
I LOOK LIEK DENZEL WASHINGTON HAW AHW!!1

Deleted User
December 26, 2004, 10:14 pm
omg we are writing tottaly OFF TOPIC !
hey guys do u havent any ideas ....or u are full of fear because others can shame u like me ???

an Jaz shave your [IMAGE]in' face please...:)

Keron Cyst
December 26, 2004, 11:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by Vijchtidoodah1. Faster shooting shotgun - The spaz is already fast enough....
No, Vijchtidoodah; when Dairy suggested a Jackhammer, he really meant a fast-shooting shotgun; Jackhammers fire almost as fast as machine guns, literally annihilating many Soldaten in a few short seconds of lead o.O' But yeah, that'd be completely unbalanced :-P

Deleted User
December 27, 2004, 9:33 am
omg no1 likes my ideas...

And ropes have been posted ??? ....i searched but it wrote to me : Error Message ...blablablaa
So ...? ropes , in liero are ropes , i mean like that from liero , that can be good without jetpacks ...lolo [this is little crapy :'( because without jet pack...)]

And i want play teammatch and i want choose how much teams can play (2,3,4) ...that willo be cool because when i play teammatch we are like :2 alpha , 2 beta and any [IMAGE]head come and join delta ...

frogboy
December 27, 2004, 9:55 am
quote:Originally posted by Alamobut the Stickies could definitely be read.

...the Rules Sticky never actually mention anything about new weapons or water. It does go briefly into being original (concerning the CS-like ideas), and using Search engine if possible.

At least he's trying to think of something.

As for the ideas, a few new weapons might be nice, the same old weapons can get boring sometimes, flames, definitely. Water could be alright too, depending on how it's implemented

Deleted User
December 27, 2004, 10:54 am
I have one crazy idea a Stationary minigun ...
that will be normal minigun from game but stationary :D

And one more all weps must have a weight ! So that soldier can't run so fast with minigun how with only knife :P
This i posts because i love knife and when i follow enemy and i want crush him from back i cant reach him ! [and when i throw knife it wouldnt hit him he is too far]

When nade explode from there must fly away a shrapnels ... and they can kill soldiers in normal war or hit them and hurt ...:)

papasurf31
December 27, 2004, 8:29 pm
Just as insight, jackhammers fire at 240 rpm, or 4 rounds a second, comparable to assault rifles. However, their magazine capacity is only 10, so firing will be frequently ridden by long, time consuming reloads of the drum cassete. It's also impossible to reload shots individually, which is one of the spas's strongest advantages. That being said, the weapon actually sounds like a functional addition to the soldat armory. Perhaps weaker shots and/or lower range than the spas and the weapon should be quite balanced.

Keron Cyst
December 27, 2004, 8:38 pm
We don't need ropes because we have the Jet Boots ;-)

I'm all up for the Jackhammer, as a blitz (fast, hard-hitting) weapon. It simply cannot be a Secondary, tho' :-P

quote:Originally posted by DairyStationary minigun...
IMO, not a bad idea at all, actually. It could help form unique situations on large CTF maps, what with two types of turrets and all.
Well thar! Make the Minigun an SG, replace its slot with the Jackhammer, and you've added an extra weapon to the game and yet can still select it in the weapons tab via a # B-)

quote:... all weps must have a weight !....
How would this work if people are using graphics mods, where some weapons that are normally large are small and vice versa?

quote:When nade explode from there must fly away a shrapnels ... and they can kill soldiers in normal war or hit them and hurt ...:)
Amen. I really desire shrapnel from explosions, particularly 'nades B-)

Morik
December 27, 2004, 9:52 pm
a complete modification of soldat: team fortress would be a nice idea...
quote:... all weps must have a weight !....
this gave me the idea, although it has prolly already been mentioned

Deleted User
December 27, 2004, 10:26 pm
Yeah thank u guy very much :D

next what could be cool is glass , on buylding are windows and then could be crushable :D a shrapnels of glass ewerywhere ! 8-D

Wehicles but that was posted so that isnt new idea ...

Whoa ! A Hot seeker rocked from laW ! Rocked will follow everything was is warm ! Explosions from nades , humans , flame corps ....

A normal helm ! When some1 hit helm it will take it out but to soldier what holded it will not hurt ....thats a NORMAL helm !

...so all take helms...

A baseball hat and barret , cap [?] and what what have terrorist on head [:D
Report end , Dairy , 27.12.2004 , 23:25

Deleted User
December 28, 2004, 9:48 am
Ah i have other one ...
....in normal 2D oldies are LIVES ! any player have 1-.... lives
..it will be cool have in soldat live mode ! u could choose 1-[?dunno how much] lives and play ...DM TDM RM PM and who will lose all lives have GAME OVER :D

Vijchtidoodah
December 28, 2004, 9:54 am
Dairy, learn to use the edit button ([IMAGE]).

Limited lives is a terrible idea, they have it on ET and nobody uses it because it's complete crap. Besides, in this game you die too often for it to work. Nobody would run out to get the flag because they'd be too scared and campers would take over the map.

Deleted User
December 28, 2004, 10:02 am
Hmm .... whatever ...what is that ET ???

Vijchtidoodah
December 28, 2004, 10:11 am
"Whatever"? Please don't trivialize my post like that, you have a bad habit of ignoring people when they disagree with you.

ET is Enemy Territory, it's a free stand alone mod for Return to Castle Wolfenstein. You should try it out:Planet Wolfenstein

Deleted User
December 28, 2004, 12:24 pm
I have another one ...

...when u have little heart u could hear your soldiers breath or heart :D

DannyLB
December 28, 2004, 4:11 pm
i would like to see the ground turning black in the place where a nade or M79 or LAW blew up

Morik
December 28, 2004, 6:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by DairyI have another one ...

...when u have little heart u could hear your soldiers breath or heart :D

Soldat has amazing sound, better than any 2d game i know. This would be another good sound to add.

Keron Cyst
December 28, 2004, 9:44 pm
*lol* Wouldn't that get a bit tedious after a while?...

Denacke
December 28, 2004, 9:52 pm
quote:Limited lives is a terrible idea, they have it on ET and nobody uses it because it's complete crap. Besides, in this game you die too often for it to work. Nobody would run out to get the flag because they'd be too scared and campers would take over the map.
I've played ET for over half a year, But I have never come across a limited life system?
ET's respawn & lives system practicly works the same as soldat, but the respawn times are usually longer.

Deleted User
December 28, 2004, 10:30 pm
Damn dont WRITE OFF TOPIC ! Denacke ...

lol i have idea ....
a robot suits :D with minigun lola ...
...that isnt so good idea ...:S

....but i read an another topic and there was this idea ...i forgot date so i dot know if he was first ...:(

hypno
December 29, 2004, 9:50 pm
i thik its a good idear
i like it
:)

NavySeal
December 29, 2004, 11:31 pm
king of the hill would be fun.

Been thinking this mode "defend the base" like a big base in the middle and your team gonna hold it for about 5min or more and if the entire team A inside the base get killed you will have to start outside meanwhile the other team start at the big base. or you just get points every 10 sec. But then the restart time would have to be longer for those who are in base and shorter for those outside

Maluno
December 30, 2004, 2:06 am
quote:Originally posted by NavySealking of the hill would be fun.

...like a big base in the middle and your team gonna hold it for about 5min or more and if the entire team A inside the base get killed you will have to start outside meanwhile the other team start at the big base.

actually sounds like a good idea!

As to the jackhammer, it may seem like a great addition, but we must be extremely careful of balance. If this weapon is introduced as a higher powered weapon, and throws the balance off, an adjustment of the power must be made. This will start a huge argument from people that had gotten used to it and good at it, so... We gotta get it right the first time.

Keron Cyst
December 30, 2004, 3:08 am
But it only has 10 shots, and would take a while to reload... if some discharge method would be able to be implemented for it especially (where one click will have the soldier fire off the whole ammo drum without stopping), IMO that'd be perfect, but that's just me and not counting how powerful it'd be...

Vijchtidoodah
December 30, 2004, 3:54 am
I agree with navy seal's king of the hill idea.

Here's how we could set it up:
[IMAGE]

Bases on either side of the hill, with blue on one side and red on the other. Each runs to the top as fast as they can where they tap a flag. From that point on, everyone on that team gets points for each kill they make...untill the opposing team gets the flag.

This way, it could be played as a teammatch sort of game or a deathmatch style with only one person getting the kills.

Players would play until either the time ran out or they hit the kill limit.

I would love to see this in Soldat.

Navy Seal, please make a topic about this (unless someone else already has). Michal has to see this one.

EDIT: Hmm...actually it's already been thought of...so if you want to risk getting flamed in the name of a new mode, go for it.

Deleted User
December 30, 2004, 12:28 pm
Whoa ! Wery good Idea! I like have KotH mode ! make it Michael for us , please :D

KnOt
December 30, 2004, 1:08 pm
Typical noob.. comes here .. thinks he's being so original and intelligent ..Doesn't even think that these coulda been suggested 500 times before he even knew what soldat was.

Deleted User
December 30, 2004, 6:00 pm
KnOt i play soldat cca 1 year maybe more so dont say we are noobs ...

DeMonIc
December 30, 2004, 6:05 pm
Some people stay noobs no matter how long they play.And you are a noob at the forums young Dairy..my advice is, you watch and learn.

Deleted User
December 31, 2004, 1:30 pm
Omg i hate WHEN some1 post here so [IMAGE]ing posts ! post about ,and only about, IDEAS for soldier or about posted ideas , ok ?

Doors and buttons ? that will make soldat more interactive ...INf map would be cool when u could push button and after that will open doors with black flag :D

///////I searched this is Forum Searher and in there still wrote to me :Internal Server Error :(\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

DeMonIc
December 31, 2004, 2:18 pm
Doors and buttons...those would requie moving polygons.And I think a lot of people simply won't bother..I mean look at the reaction when they have to play a map without jet fuel...they quit.What do you think would happen with a map that needs you to think?

And Dairy, if you use the search, only search the suggestions forum, not the whole friggin site :)

Deleted User
January 1, 2005, 11:41 am
Demonic ? When u are so profesional at all , test make an idea what havent been never posted and its ORIGINALY and not from other game. U will see how it is hard , so dont destroy all of my ideas ....i make it for soldats good,maybe one of my ideas will Michaell Marcinowsky like...

---===or what about Headshot that would be cool one shot kill to head ...i mean it for realistic mode ...===---

Dr.Feelgood
January 1, 2005, 3:46 pm
Viva la molotov! The great, finnish made, secret, anti-tank, throwable, easy-made and grenade-like bottle, THAT is filled with gasoline, boose and other flameable liquid crap!

Keron Cyst
January 4, 2005, 3:16 am
quote:Originally posted by Dairy...
Whoa ! A Hot seeker rocked from laW ! Rocked will follow everything was is warm ! Explosions from nades , humans , flame corps ....

I was thinking of a Tracker Missile somewhat like that, in which you must keep the cursor on the Soldat to target (so that you can read the hovering name) for 3 whole seconds, and for every successful second of tracking, it makes a loud blip (so that the enemy can be warned and be given a chance to run out of the foe's sight, or maneuever enough to lose tracking). Then, after that, it makes two loud and fast blips in succession, when it is able to launch and follow the Soldat, who can outmaneuever it if skilled enough.

I think that with a high reload rate (longer than LAW, definitely :-P), and a fast-enough speed and/or slow-enough turn rate, it could be pretty balanced in the game B-) What think you?

Futile
January 4, 2005, 12:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cystquote:Originally posted by Dairy...

I was thinking of a Tracker Missile somewhat like that, in which you must keep the cursor on the Soldat to target (so that you can read the hovering name) for 3 whole seconds, and for every successful second of tracking, it makes a loud blip (so that the enemy can be warned and be given a chance to run out of the foe's sight, or maneuever enough to lose tracking). Then, after that, it makes two loud and fast blips in succession, when it is able to launch and follow the Soldat, who can outmaneuever it if skilled enough.

I think that with a high reload rate (longer than LAW, definitely :-P), and a fast-enough speed and/or slow-enough turn rate, it could be pretty balanced in the game B-) What think you?

I love this idea, but you are making it too weak. Three second is a very long time for tracking the target. Let the rocket simply follow the cursor, it'll be hard enough to make good hits with a rocket at that speed. Also, longer reload than LAW is not an option, reloads and respawns is what limits gameplay speed, and we want speed. This is really a great idea anyhow, and I hope to see it tried out atleast.

Another great idea from this thread: Jackhammer! Yes please!

And do not nerf it into oblivion from the start. There is nothing wrong with powerfull weapons. A petite magazine _AND_ long reload? No please. I think this would be better: the jackhammer operates with a mgazine disharge - you cannot stop firing untill the ammo is out (in realistic mode this gun will be hell to use...). The reload can be quick enough, since it's a barrel-mag, and not single shells like the spas.

Replace the minigun with the jackhammer, since the minigun is only good for making the game lag.

From this thread I also support:
Molotovs
More flames
A scope for the ruger, and make the bullet-trails of the ruger more visible
A defuse/hack/hold-the-fort mode would be fun.

I do not support:

Flaming about not posting old ideas. Chrissakes - if everyone used the search-function, this forum would have been dead.

Flaming about keeping soldat the way it is. Soldat (like everything) will grow, develop and change. Live with it.

Flaming about n00bs not being entitled to an opinion. Who's opinions do we want then? The inbred and worn out ideas (or rather - lack thereof since no one can post if they dont have anything completely new to say) of the old-timers in this "community"?

Droopy
January 4, 2005, 1:14 pm
I like some ideas. Though they may have been posted before, I still like them.
King of the Hill sounds REALY good. It could even be an option for teammatch. You would just place a different poly in map maker who would,if a player is standing on it, be programed to score points for the players team. You could do this on ANY soldat map. No new maps needed. Imagine Shau.

But on the other hand, team spawns would have to be replaced, since in maps like LaGrange and.. some other, some teams may spawn closer to the HILL point(or whatever it would be called).

ADhArMA
January 4, 2005, 5:05 pm
Hello.
Could someone place me the links for the vehicles and tanks post? Everytime i try to search, it gives me this error...
Thanks you.

MOFO NOFO
January 4, 2005, 5:42 pm
King of the hill sounds verry cool, but the doors idea was good too,e.g. you could 'shoot' some switch then the door opens, then shoot it again from da other side to close it..

Droopy
January 4, 2005, 7:38 pm
ADhArMA: If you're trying to suggest vehicles, please dont, it'll only get you flamed.

MOFO NOFO
January 4, 2005, 7:52 pm
i know how people dont want anymore wepaons, but ..(i know ill get flamed 4 dis :S) but how about an uziEDIT: AS A SEC. GUN!!, because it can be nearly the same speed as the hk, only have 20 bullets, and have VERY low range and be very weak, but fast reloads, e.g. 1.5 seconds slower than socom, each hit would do 5% damage, and if you shoot the whole cartridge at someone, and dont miss, then they would die, then it would be fair..., BUT THIS IS ONLY MY SUGGESTION.... no1 has to abuse me :S, another idea is making steyer shoot more straight when u crouch.. considering its a scope gun.

yes i am finally done,

NavySeal
January 4, 2005, 9:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahI agree with navy seal's king of the hill idea.

Here's how we could set it up:
[IMAGE]

Bases on either side of the hill, with blue on one side and red on the other. Each runs to the top as fast as they can where they tap a flag. From that point on, everyone on that team gets points for each kill they make...untill the opposing team gets the flag.

This way, it could be played as a teammatch sort of game or a deathmatch style with only one person getting the kills.

Players would play until either the time ran out or they hit the kill limit.

I would love to see this in Soldat.

Navy Seal, please make a topic about this (unless someone else already has). Michal has to see this one.

EDIT: Hmm...actually it's already been thought of...so if you want to risk getting flamed in the name of a new mode, go for it.

Well didn't really find any topics about this kind of mode but similar to this mode, hmm seems that I cant find the topic again could you post it?

Vijchtidoodah
January 4, 2005, 10:43 pm
http://soldatforums.com/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=12423

http://soldatforums.com/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=9432

There were a bunch of crap threads, but these had some information in them. I don't know if these will help at all because I didn't read all the way through.

NavySeal
January 4, 2005, 11:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahTry searching the archived posts too.

I cant find a game mode thats look like this one. Seems that you know where to find it so could you post it, I tried to search but no luck, so is it hard to get it for me :/

Well it didn't shop locked topics for sure still wonder if its a good idea to make a topic about this noobface might come and lock it again and those topics wher quite old

Vijchtidoodah
January 5, 2005, 1:22 am
You could always ask him if it's okay to revive an old (and apparantly well recieved) idea. Or you could just go ahead and risk it being locked, which doesn't really do anything to you in the long run.

RH3Z
January 5, 2005, 12:24 pm
I'd like to see a bigger variation of polygons eg: breakable, explosive, transparant and yes water etc.

Keron Cyst
January 6, 2005, 3:04 am
"Breakable?" Can't. "Explosive?" Isn't that the same as breakable? Now transparent, that's something...

Deleted User
January 16, 2005, 5:21 pm
I have one idea :P
weather like rain snow etc. are in soldat already but what about wind ?
soldat take the best from liero .....WORMS there is wind too !
It could drag out bullets ...lol or law rocket ...but only a little :P

DeMonIc
January 16, 2005, 6:22 pm
Dude, wind doesn't affect bullets or rockets because they travel too fast.;P

Liber_Lupus
January 16, 2005, 8:02 pm
I have this really cool idea, i haven't told anyone about it. Well im going to now. My suggestion is lazerz. Big red and small greens. They go like *BEEM* and stuff. Awsum

staskesi
January 16, 2005, 9:56 pm
SOLDAT IS BETTER THAN COUNTER STRIKE. THANX MICHAL I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

person
January 17, 2005, 4:33 am
Hmm... I wouldn't mind seeing more weapons.

I was thinking of a weapon that was extremely rapid and shoots very fast bullets straight (but not accurate), and not that powerful (at all).

also has a grenade launcher (fires grenades picked up), which acts as a fast way of throwing grenades (ie: you just tap E and the 'nade is launched with normal full strength or something like that).

it would have a 60 round clip that is depleted very quickly, and takes longer than most auto's to reload.

It's just an idea that will probably be disliked but yeah...it's something...

Captain Ben
January 17, 2005, 1:26 pm
quote:
and cash mode ...u will earn money after score , kill and when u give Double or something like that [triple , Gimme more. ...] u will earn bonus money ...for money u can buy guns , nades and sec weps :)

okay dokay...
*clears throat*
[IMAGE]ING COUNTER STRIKE!!!

thank you.

Liber_Lupus
January 17, 2005, 2:03 pm
This is stupid.

Judge_Man
January 17, 2005, 2:07 pm
Spam?

On topic: King of the hills would be great. It would be more played than pointmatch probably so i don't see why this wouldn't be implented.

zarstar
January 17, 2005, 4:12 pm
I think that new modes like hostage can give to the game an original touch...

However I think that the game is just beautiful, and the things that can be better are others..

Graphics is the first thing, even if the better thing of Soldat is his incredible Gameplay..but graphics can be important too..

For weapons, I think that Soldat is full of weapons..all realistic..the only thing that it's real are the granades..they are only a few...
..smoke granades from escapes (like americas army) and over everyone the molotovs can be an important thing that can be introduced in the game...

PS:
an important thing for all in the forums:
EVERY LINK AT OTHER GAMES DON'T MEAN THAT WE WANT TO TRANSFORM SOLDAT IN OTHER GAMES, BUT WE THINK ONLY THAT SOLDAT, HOWEVER IT IS AN INCREDIBLE BEAUTIFUL GAME (like winning eleven), IT CAN BE BETTER THANKS TO THE USE OF OURS SUGGESTIONS!!
So don't say every time: IT ISN'T IT! IT ISN'T CS! IT ISN'T .... !!
Stop it! Think on what can be a great ideas for future versions...
This forum is for a better future version of Soldat..we have to work togheter...

AND ALL OF US THINK THAT SOLDAT IT'S ONE OF THE BEST GAMES! (IF NOT THE BEST!)

murakumo32
January 18, 2005, 12:53 am
how about halo mods?
P.S.-for a couple of posts, Diary, you started a war here

Deleted User
January 18, 2005, 1:15 am
zarstar: People are willing to listen to your suggestions, you just have to take into account the fact that not everyone will like them or approve of them. Agree to disagree, thats just the way people are.

If you have ideas on how to improve Soldat, then do your best to post them in a meaningful and organized manner. People don't take well to CAPS LOCK and incredible, grammer or spealing mistakes.

Rhombus
January 18, 2005, 3:16 pm
you know zarstar reminds me of bush... he talks a lot, and I think he is a dumb [IMAGE], oh sorry i cant say that, I mean a dumb dummy

DeMonIc
January 18, 2005, 3:42 pm
Zarstar, one question...how does hostage mode, which is one of the main parts of CS, another shooter, make soldat original?As for the grenades: we have enough, in my humble opinion.Grenades are easily the most powerful weapons on the battlefield, whilst clusters can change tides when used correctly..but smoke grenades?I mean, I'm better off doing a grenade jump for an escape then starting to whore smoke grenades.It'd be useless, since the game is 2D, not 3D.
I'd like molotovs aswel, but that's really up to us now..seeing as the weapons editor is improving, n'all...

Darky
January 18, 2005, 7:33 pm

new game mods :Defuse and Hostage [like CS :D]

thats all ideas for now .... ill post more :P

so wrute your ideas and about my ideas :D

Hell no! Do not add any [IMAGE] like that! That's one of the reasons to why I don't like CS! Don't ruin soldat by making it into some kind of a 2D version of CS! Stupid CS freak! Get the hell our of our forum!!

Deleted User
March 21, 2005, 11:53 pm
ok so deathmatch and ctf r totally new ideas for soldatand made for it? i think a assasination mode(look it up) should be implemented(lol i used implemented). i like the idea of an uzi that takes the whole magazine or half of it to kill some1.

SPARTAN_III
March 22, 2005, 12:33 pm
i think soldat and cs are 2 totally diff games. if you want cs, go download a mod and turn on real, survival and advance. there you go. that is as close as you will get.

darky, nice sig

Rhombus
March 22, 2005, 12:42 pm

So, basically, what you're trying to say is... cs is realistic? whaahahahahahaha idiot.

Krieg
March 27, 2005, 8:17 pm
what makes soldat so different from cs anyway apart from the whole 3d factor? soldat is a team game and can be ffa mode, in a way its better then cs, but it still needs some tweaking, im sure people suggesting things wouldn't be such a bad idea, and if only people would READ THE TOPIC game improvements / SUGGESTIONS it doesn't mean that it will be added it just means that it is an idea that people might like and if enough people like it maybe M will add it into soldat. [IMAGE], you people think that having more guns would be bad? in my opinion it needs more guns but i think 1 sniper rifle is enough and stay the fukn hell away from the homing bullet ideas stupid noobs, yes soldat needs more guns and everything else and maybe people should relise to think that we can have 29342 weapons if M orginised the weapons list into weapon catergories. money would be awesome to have i reckon it would make it a better game so you dont have noobs owning everyone with the same gun, like in cs, if you want a gun you have to save up for it so you can get it. well i think thats a decent sized serving of hello world :P. and even still this is all opinion based, so if you dont like it you dont like it, also it is pointless to argue opinion because there is no right or wrong answer

Deleted User
April 10, 2005, 12:53 am
"""Soldat is a unique side-view multiplayer action game. It takes the best from games like Liero, Worms, Quake and Counter-Strike""" that what it says on SOLDAT HOME PAGE.
Soldat is based a little bit on counter strike among others. think about that ppl

DT
April 10, 2005, 1:55 am
Auto Shuffler... i mean that really should be inplanted
enjoyment of it > work

Inquisitor
April 10, 2005, 7:34 am
sorry guys, but are ya shure there will be a new version of soldat?

Crazy1
April 10, 2005, 5:25 pm
peebles are probably gonna yell at me for this saying "KEEP HALO2 OUTTA SOLDAT!"...

but what about veichles? obviously some special maps will need to be made.

ideas for veichles:
Dirt bike
hummer w/ gun in back
somethink like the metal slug tank
some other crazy tank
lame ass helecopter
apache

they would also be totally destroyable so people dont have the most unfair advantage.

it would cool to have a geomod thing like in red faction. where you blow something up and it takes something outta the ground. you could make parts of the ceiling fall on other players too.

Avarax
April 10, 2005, 7:37 pm
look, i just got this AWWWWWEEESOME idea!!!!!!!!

HOW ABOUT
/lock_this_thread????!!!

Deleted User
April 10, 2005, 8:25 pm
its been told like 900 times before.. No veichles.. altough a dirtbike would be sweet =) think of all the new movie possibillities. dirtbike trick movies would pop up like mushrooms.

Shibby
April 10, 2005, 11:05 pm
Hi all.. i don't think we need any more weapons.. instead, something like a "friend-list" should be created.. so you can see in witch games your homies play.. that would be kinda cool..

Also, i think the collider effect on weapons is way to strong.. i like the idea about colliders such as sandbags, but it's no use if you can't hide behind them, and still shot upon your enemy..

Shibby
April 10, 2005, 11:07 pm
How about adding a bajonet to the weapon..?

Like, when you choose the knife as secondary, it would act as one?

Deleted User
April 11, 2005, 9:15 pm
and when you throw the knife, you just throw your whole gun like a spear.. Omgr0xorz

..nah.. dont think so

reckon
April 12, 2005, 3:58 am
I made a thread about this but it garnered no views or replies due to not being reviewed or something.

This is an idea for a new variety of gameplay.
Its a combination of Rambomatch and Pointmatch, its called Head Hunter.
The objective in the game to collect the heads of your fallen foes.
But the kicker is that the heads can only be collected when the player dies via head shot, you cannot mutilate the body of a corpse in hopes that the head will be dislodged.
Heads cannot be collected if it isnt your kill, so if you stumble upon a loose head, you cannot be rewarded with the point.
With each head you successfully procure, one point is rewarded.
The head would then be hung upon your belt, similar to your nades.
This is ideal for small to not-so-medium sized maps with a very low respawn rate.

MOFO NOFO
April 12, 2005, 3:23 pm
www.cs2d.com <------------- THERE YOU CHEAP CS FANS WHO CANT AFFORD CS, GO THERE AND LEAVE SOLDAT ALONE :O:O..

ontopic :D,

smoke nades cant be made because there'll be too many pixels on teh damn screen..
MY IDEAz::: new soldat song, new animation, bar for nade power of throw, less bink on barret because my shots go almost backwards when i get sprayed :(..

EDIT, new idea, how about make weapon spawn points on some maps?, so if you dont like ur weapon, drop n pick up a barret :D

frogboy
April 12, 2005, 3:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by Avaraxlook, i just got this AWWWWWEEESOME idea!!!!!!!!

HOW ABOUT
/lock_this_thread????!!!

No, go back to CS, that idea is unoriginal.

Meandor
April 12, 2005, 4:13 pm
is this the 'repeat old ideas' thread?