( search forums )
_Weapon issues, to solve whining_
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
DeMonIc
December 26, 2004, 8:31 pm
Jaz, Lazehboi and myself had an interesting discussion about weapon balance on IRC, so I tought I'd post what we ended up with.

The minimi
The idea came up before the discussion, but none the less it would be a good balancer, if this gun would heat up after a while, pretty much like a stat gun.Maybe deaccurize it a bit in air, but I'm unsure about that.

The Ak
No.2 Source of whining.If it sprays, it accurately makes any crosshair as big as Tibet, so the idea is: if it sprays, after a while it would start binking itself, making it badly inaccurate after a while.

Other weapons binked
Hey now, I'm sure everyone has had their crosshair as big as the whole friggin map.Now how bout if there were a bink max.?Like for the M79 the crosshair can't exceed it's double size, with ruger it's 2.5x max, etc.

Messiah
December 26, 2004, 8:37 pm
I like the minimi idea, but not so much the Ak, i think its fine now, at the moment im ok with most of the weapons, at first i was a bit upset about the ak and minimi getting stronger but after i while i got use to it, so not a big deal to me anymore, but yeah.

Jaz
December 26, 2004, 8:44 pm
id like bink removed from m79 full stop but those seem allright

Teh Panda
December 26, 2004, 8:48 pm
Not new that Jaz whining about M79 bink. ;)

SERIAL KILLeR
December 26, 2004, 8:54 pm
autos should all have a bit of recoil

FliesLikeABrick
December 26, 2004, 8:56 pm
i support the overheating thing, but i think for the most part the rest of the weapon balance is ok. maybe a little less bink on m79 because that weapon really counts on being hit or miss

Vijchtidoodah
December 26, 2004, 9:39 pm
I only support the minimi idea but if it was changed a little: It should overheat, but instead of not shooting it should become less accurate as it got hotter.

Magniitude
December 26, 2004, 9:42 pm
I think autos definately need either a lot of recoil in the normal mode, or have the power drastically weakened. I find that a lot more people are using autos and blindly aim towards the person. It should recoil like in realistic, but maybe not as much.

The Geologist
December 26, 2004, 10:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABricki support the overheating thing, but i think for the most part the rest of the weapon balance is ok. maybe a little less bink on m79 because that weapon really counts on being hit or miss

Agreed! The overheating seems like a good idea to prevent too much needless spraying. But to take all the bink away from the m79 wouldn't make things fair at all, especially since the bink was created for one hit weapons... just lessen the bink on the m79 a bit (if possible). There are still people out there who can play with it as is, with the current bink, so a little less bink will make things way, way easy.

Jaz
December 26, 2004, 10:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by The Geologistquote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABricki support the overheating thing, but i think for the most part the rest of the weapon balance is ok. maybe a little less bink on m79 because that weapon really counts on being hit or miss

There are still people out there who can play with it as is, with the current bink, so a little less bink will make things way, way easy.

3 m79s cant take on 3 autos atm and it should be fair that any weapon can take on any other weapon and they dont need to resort to cheap tactics to do so...

STEELIX
December 26, 2004, 10:20 pm
but giving all other weapons bink? that would take a lot of speed from the game...

Jaz
December 26, 2004, 10:22 pm
Did you notice the speed increase from 105 to this version. its unbelievable.

The Geologist
December 26, 2004, 10:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by Jaz
3 m79s cant take on 3 autos atm and it should be fair that any weapon can take on any other weapon and they dont need to resort to cheap tactics to do so...

Until I see 3 m79s get constantly owned by 3 people using autos, I refuse to believe you. I've seen enough people who are still capable of pointing the m79 at their opponent and firing (for the kill, mind you) to think things are that unfair. It's not like I'm going against you here...I'm saying less bink for the m79. No bink at all and that would be unfair, not to mention a little hypocritical since the bink was created for one hit weapons in the first place.

But seeing as how this isn't an m79 thread...that's enough of that. Don't drag it out.

Jaz
December 26, 2004, 10:43 pm
1.Bink was created for barret
2.I can prove to you anytime u want that 3 autos take 3 m79s anyday. Get on irc #soldat.forums on quakenet and ill find 3 autos to face 3 m79s, no problem. we can spectate, bet w/e you want and i can guarantee that the autos will absolutely rape the m79s.

LazehBoi
December 26, 2004, 11:27 pm
Yeah, I was thinking that the minimi should overheat, and the AK should do burst fire, 3 bullets every click, or something?
And for the M79 less bink.

also, Jaz, Geologist. It depends on where this 3 autos vs 3 M79s... if they were both coming from each side of a corner of a triangle: M79/\AUTO then the M79s could/should fire first and win, but the autos would win otherwise :| (it also depends on who shoots at who but that's your problem because it's a one shot weapon).

Jello
December 27, 2004, 12:00 am
No way has bink been discussed to death already. This thread really sheds some light on the issue. Lowering the bink effect on the M79 is a really new and novel idea. Nice suggestion guys!

But seriously, as for these suggestiongs. I think the Heating Up idea is interesting. Perhaps not good, but novel. I think it could work as long as its not overdone.

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 27, 2004, 12:00 am
well, Ak is intended for Mid range fire, so I believe that after 5 bullets have been fired by holding the mouse button down (It takes 6 body shots to kill with AK, and 4 if its all in the head, so its fair) The gun should start getting inaccurate.

Steyr, on the other hand, is a long range machine gun. There should not be much inaccuracy if you're not moving too fast.

As for the Minimi, I do think that it should overheat at around 25 bullets, but not a huge cooldown time because it already takes forever to reload the weapon.

Mp5 needs no changes, its a fast close range machine gun, and its your fault if you get close enough to get hit by it.

STEELIX
December 27, 2004, 12:01 am
quote:Originally posted by JazDid you notice the speed increase from 105 to this version. its unbelievable.

I never played 105...