( search forums )
An old weapon in interest: Minigun!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
SilencedAsshole
December 26, 2004, 9:55 pm
Finally make the Minigund about 30 % Stronger and it finally could be a cool weapon to playwith cause now it´s just the weakest [IMAGE] out. Isnt it?

Vijchtidoodah
December 26, 2004, 9:59 pm
Yes, but it would have to be played around with. A 30% increase would make it as strong as the steyer, at 15 bullets a second it would be such a killer.

DT
December 26, 2004, 10:07 pm
one bullet does about 15% reqular damage.. so no

The Geologist
December 26, 2004, 10:08 pm
A 30% increase in power would be horrible...the gun is perfectly playable as is. It spits out so many bullets you bink the hell out of any enemy you fire at, and you can simply use it to boost your speed all around the map...30% more power would leave people dieing from the ricochet. Long story short, this would only lead to more problems and abuse.

Keron Cyst
December 26, 2004, 10:52 pm
You want it to raise in individual bullet power because you're most likely using it as artillery. Get up close to a Soldat and you can shred 'im apart easily.

3rd_account
December 27, 2004, 1:18 am
Well the minigun is perfectly capable of killing one or two enemies with since the bink it causes is impossible to break free off. It also presses enemies backwards and can be used for surfing when trying to catch up the enemy FC. It's just the reload that's a drag. :/

Chakra
December 27, 2004, 1:50 am
I wouldn't mind seeing the minigun having a lower fire rate and more accuracy (but not like minimi,aug or ak standards). It'd be very useful, and wouldn't lag slower computers, plus people wouldn't be able to surf with it.

Otherwise the power is fine, it's just it's spread.

lastpatriot
December 27, 2004, 2:00 am
Surfing is really the main reason people use the Minigun, except for defense in CTF games.

AerialAssault
December 27, 2004, 6:08 am
minigun pwns in small closed in areas, liek the bottom tunnel in ctf_equinox and inf_fortress

DeMonIc
December 27, 2004, 10:16 am
Bah, I guess some of the people who posted here never really did use minigun :
The kills you make with it highly depend on where you hit the enemy.You need to be damn close, closer than an M79 kill range.But if you're there..one grenade and a little minigun fire will tear everything apart.
Meh, I say a little bit more damage would be juuuuuust fine.

Aquarius
December 27, 2004, 2:48 pm
No, you don't have to be damn close, to kill someone with Minigun and use it efficient.
I may record a demo, if you don' believe.

DeMonIc
December 27, 2004, 4:14 pm
You have to be close if you want to survive, otherwise the game laggs so hard, you won't be able to avoid bulletts from other players.I may record a demo, if you don't believe me.

Maluno
December 27, 2004, 4:52 pm
I agree, a little bit more damage would be nice, but maybe reduce the bink at the same time?
Its accurate enough as it is though.

BMF
December 27, 2004, 5:08 pm
a LITTLE more damage would be nice

Melba
December 27, 2004, 5:18 pm
its too powerful\annoying in the tunnel of ctf_chernobyl :|

palloco
December 27, 2004, 5:34 pm
Nooo, my poor minigun, dont increse its power, I dont wanna be flooded by minigunner noobs.

papasurf31
December 27, 2004, 8:43 pm
No one can't fight against an experienced minigunner because they are so infrequent, not many people know how to counter them. The weapon is by no means under/overpowered, but just unusual to use because of the massive spray and long reload times. THe strategy that minigunners use often (as i've seen) is to charge right at their opponent, jump over/through them, and open fire at point blank range, while simultaneously boosting themselves away and out of range for the victim's weapons. Then, just lay some nades down and when they try to follow you, run right over one and die. Bunnyhopping is often combined with this strategy for maximum effect, jets can also be used, but complicates some things.

SilencedAsshole
December 27, 2004, 9:52 pm
Palloco, you have to record a DEMO, cause I believe youre the man with Minigun.30% maybe indeed is too much but it was just a first hint to play around with. I Mean you all agree, that its TOO WEAK: Long speak, short meaning:

AK, Steyr: 7 Hits
Minimi: 5 Hits
Minigun : 13 Hits

Its tóo weak at the moment. Make it like 10 Hits and it will be a weapon to think about. Or not?

Teh Panda
December 27, 2004, 10:09 pm
And how many you missed in those tests?

Keron Cyst
December 27, 2004, 10:14 pm
Isn't the AK-74 now 5 shots as well? 'Least, that's what everyone else thinks. And I thought Minimi was 6 \:-|
For the Minigun, try 11 first, and we'll see what happens ;-)

CamBot
December 28, 2004, 6:06 am
Minigun surfing is pawnage! So is grenade launching.
The minigun is perfectly balance. On realistic mode the bink that comes from it basicly destroys a snipers ability to aim, and the rate of fire is amazingly fast and will rip anyone at close range.