( search forums )
Inter-team cooperation
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Anti-mff
December 26, 2004, 10:37 pm
Yesterday on BigFalls a red Barret-camper was lying in the upper right corner of the map spawn killing the greens (me myself was blue). I decided to ignore a reloading spawned green and take out the sniper, even though the spawner would have been an easier shot.
Since it would be great for him to get rid of the sniper I thought the green wouldn´t try to kill me until this was done. I was wrong though, he didn´t give a [IMAGE] and just kept shooting at me (why I escaped down the way to the right and used my M79 shot at him). At the bottom I got busy with other enemys and never had time to kill the spawn killer so he could just go on killing the green guy.

What would you do in his situation? Is there any time you would have mercy on an enemy to profit from it or do you always go for the easiest kill?

I think it would add to the game if people went for spawn killers before the other guys, since those can be so [IMAGE]ing irritating (it´s part of the game so spawn killers shouldn´t be kicked or anything but they´re still irritating).

Vijchtidoodah
December 26, 2004, 10:45 pm
I hear you, I've gone for the spawn killers while ignoring everybody else many times.

I don't think that it's such a big deal that he decided to kill you, but it would have been nice if he thanked you.

Anti-mff
December 26, 2004, 10:55 pm
"I don't think that it's such a big deal that he decided to kill you, but it would have been nice if he thanked you."

Agree. I don´t demand anything, it just would have been nice if he´d been more thankful.

Vijchtidoodah
December 26, 2004, 11:12 pm
Chances are that he didn't even realize that you were trying to help him out.

BTW, you can use the quote button ([IMAGE]) to make a little quote box around something that you took from someone else's post.

Jello
December 26, 2004, 11:41 pm
At least you have integrity. He may have just reflexivly shot you, or he may not have realized what you were trying to do. I personally always try not to spawnkill. If someone spawns next to me I run a little ways away and wait for em to select their gun before fighting them. It's just more fun that way, at least for me, than killing a sitting duck.

Also, should this go in Soldat Moments? I suppose it's debatable...

Cookie.
December 27, 2004, 12:46 am
I want to win no matter what... go for the easy kills m8 :P type kills, spawn kills, afk kills thats how ya do it :P

DT
December 27, 2004, 1:10 am
honor and fairness... but i'm not a knight with armor and those freaky skirts they get...

Anti-mff
December 27, 2004, 1:27 am
I spawn kill myself sometimes (even though I usually run away after one or two times and don´t frag idle enemys).
The interesting thing here is the possible inter-team cooperation. I really think we both would have profited from dealing with the spawn killer first.

Magniitude
December 27, 2004, 1:49 am
Maybe to prevent spawn killing we can raise the time after you spawn that you cant get hurt. That comes with not being able to kill either. You know, the transparent body.

lieroguy
December 27, 2004, 2:16 am
Like they do in Survival mode. VERY handy.

Maluno
December 27, 2004, 3:06 am
Meh, i dont like the transparent body, it gives you too much time to get in a good position. You should have to be paying attention. I like instant action after respawn. :D More time while transparent might even give more of a chance for players to get situated for camping. As for your story, though, i probably would have gone after you too, so dont feel bad; anything is fair game in my opinion. :P

nazikilla
December 27, 2004, 3:17 am
i really get into soldat when i play. i usually camp only on chernobyl, sometimes i camp on enemy medkits to get some back to my base though. when it comes to tds. i dont think sking is noble.

Gen0cide
December 27, 2004, 3:58 am
:O maybe a stupid idea but how about (this would really only work on ctf or inf I guess)an option to set a time you can spend in the enemies base..you enter a certain map area near the flag and you have __ seconds to get out..

Magniitude
December 27, 2004, 4:00 am
quote:Originally posted by Gen0cide:O maybe a stupid idea but how about (this would really only work on ctf or inf I guess)an option to set a time you can spend in the enemies base..you enter a certain map area near the flag and you have __ seconds to get out..

No, because what if you cant get out? You certainly wouldnt want to stay in there if you're playing CTF and you have the flag. Besides, the topic was on spawnkilling, whered you get CTF and limits from that?

DeMo
December 27, 2004, 4:32 am
Sometimes it is involuntary.
He spawned.. saw you.. and maybe he didn't realise you were there to get the camper, so he just shot ya!!

It happens all the time.
Sometimes you're chasing someone and other player will eventualy apper (os spawn) between you and your target and he will shoot you or your target.

lastpatriot
December 27, 2004, 1:17 pm
If campers miss the first shot, they are effectively sitting ducks, as most use the Barrett, M79, or LAW. You can afford to kill him, and go help the team.

Anti-mff
December 29, 2004, 2:10 pm
Sitting duck isn´t quite right. Usually they have secondary weapon and nades (which often are very deadly). Though it is of course correct that Barreters are much more volnureble while reloading than when ready to shoot and therefore it´s recommended to go for them if they´ve just taken a shot (doesn´t matter if it was a miss or hit, as long as you didn´t die yourself).

But well.. all this is pretty obvious.

AerialAssault
December 29, 2004, 7:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahChances are that he didn't even realize that you were trying to help him out.

BTW, you can use the quote button ([IMAGE]) to make a little quote box around something that you took from someone else's post.
or you could just go ahead and respond considering that we JUST READ WHAT THE GUY BEFORE YOU POSTED. theres no need to quote someone unless you respond like a whole page later.

ThE_cHeAt
December 29, 2004, 8:47 pm
I would wait until you got up close to the sniper and start shooting at him. I say this because while you're occupied with him, i could be behind you shooting at both of you, having the chance of killing you, the sniper, or both of you. As always there is the possablilty of dying, but that's always a problem. But i hope you see my point.