( search forums )
some ideas
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Sapphire
December 27, 2004, 12:41 am
ok at first im sorry for my bad english

ok i have some things to say

bad for soldat (plz never insert it) :

vehicles -> why vehicles ? vehicles or shoting vehicles in an 2d game ? this just suck

money mode like in cs -> NO! the money mode in cs is the most stupid thing for an shooter i ever have beesn seen and soldat is too good for this [IMAGE]

soldat in 3d -> soldat in 3d =quake. soldat is an 2d game and there are enough 3d games

some good ideas for soldat :

moving things in maps -> think it would be cool wen some things in the map move

3d effekts -> ok soldat in 3d is [IMAGE] but 3d effekts (gunbound as an example) would be cool

more weapons -> more weapons, everyone whant more weapons

fire -> maybe a weapon when you shood the floor burn or something

different player figures -> no comment ....

no 1 shot kill weapons -> they are unfair. make them weaker maybe 2 shot kill

game modes -> maybe something like the onslaught mode or the assaoult mode in ut ? i said something like it not the same ;)

ok that was it

Keron Cyst
December 27, 2004, 1:05 am
quote:Originally posted by Sapphire... vehicles -> why vehicles ? vehicles or shoting vehicles in an 2d game ? this just suck...
Not everyone thinks that ;-)

quote:... money mode like in cs -> NO! the money mode in cs is the most stupid thing for an shooter i ever have beesn seen and soldat is too good for this [IMAGE]

soldat in 3d -> soldat in 3d =quake. soldat is an 2d game and there are enough 3d games...
Agreed.

quote:... moving things in maps -> think it would be cool wen some things in the map move...
I'd like that, too :-) Moving platforms would rock.

quote:... 3d effekts -> ok soldat in 3d is [IMAGE] but 3d effekts (gunbound as an example) would be cool...
I've never played Gunbound. Could you describe what the 3D effects in Gunbound are like?

quote:... more weapons -> more weapons, everyone whant more weapons...
I think there'll be a custom weapon creation program with the next version, or something like that, that allows you to use weapons with actually change statistics and attributes online B-)

quote:... different player figures -> no comment ....
There are many threads on this already.

quote:... no 1 shot kill weapons -> they are unfair. make them weaker maybe 2 shot kill...
People like them because they kill in one shot :-|

Sapphire
December 27, 2004, 1:16 am
1. joah moving platforms
normally i meant moving platform but my english ....

platforms now i now i can remember this word ^^

2. 3d effekts

you can say its an stupid 2d game with 3d models as players

but for 3d effekts would be flying bodys cool
or soldat pieces or something fly back or öööhm .. what was the word ? when the fly to you ^^

edit: the cabbage interface is an good example

Magniitude
December 27, 2004, 1:39 am
The only one i like the the different character models. The others arent really important, and wouldnt add much. Leave it as it is.

lastpatriot
December 27, 2004, 2:07 am
Yeah, I like the moving level parts idea. The player looks have already been suggested(by me, and many others). You should just run with the moving parts idea.

But, with vehicles... maybe, you could make a part of the stage that is so high up, it would not make much lag, and you could fly around little planes, that would shoot miniguns, and you could launch grenades... you would get up there from a runway, in the level.

Alamo
December 27, 2004, 2:35 am
quote:
bad for soldat (plz never insert it) :

vehicles -> why vehicles ? vehicles or shoting vehicles in an 2d game ? this just suck

money mode like in cs -> NO! the money mode in cs is the most stupid thing for an shooter i ever have beesn seen and soldat is too good for this

soldat in 3d -> soldat in 3d =quake. soldat is an 2d game and there are enough 3d games

Oh yes! Thank you!

moving platforms: yay! we need that, it would be hard to program though (at least I think so)

3d effects: well... some more eye candy would be fun :) but don't make it compulsory so Soldat keeps its low system requirements

more weapons: i don't think so. IMHO we have all we need.

fire: what? what do you mean?

different player figures: yes, i've always wanted that.

no 1 shot kill weapons: they are annyoing but i think taking them out will not be the solution...

game modes: that has been suggested and rejected already... Soldat is Soldat itself and not Soldat + cheap copy of other games.

Keron Cyst
December 27, 2004, 6:25 am
Speaking of 3D effects, I think it'd be cool if some corpses, maybe 25% of them, would ignore some polygons, falling in front of them, and landing on lower levels B-)

liquidis x snake
December 27, 2004, 7:13 am
I agree with a lot of your suggestions.

The oneshot kill thing has been argued to death. We already have a twoshot weapon, and it's a ruger.

Sapphire
December 30, 2004, 11:32 pm
another idea for soldat

less points for an flag

25 points are too mutch maybe 5 points or so

or an game mode (advange realistic...) where you get points fior the damage you gave an enemy ?

edit:

RAMBO MODE !!!

yeah it would be cool when someone got the bow the guys what are no rambo ar in an team that thay cant kill eatch other
they only can kill the rambo an the rambo can kill them

but when noone got the bot everyone can kill everyone

Keron Cyst
December 31, 2004, 12:22 am
What's wrong with the current flag capture point boost?

Jello
December 31, 2004, 1:35 am
Why do the n00bs always head straight for the suggestions forums?
3D effects might be a cool mod to make. Just that sort of wierd 3d shading on everything. Having the bodys flying at you and stuff would just be cheesey though.