( search forums )
anyone up for bouncy?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
paraplayer
December 27, 2004, 5:56 am
i'm pretty certain this idea has never been posted.

but basically i think it would be pretty funny and make for some interesting battles if you could have "bouncy" polygons.

you could even make a map and fill it with trampolines!

Another simpler idea of the same convept is to make gravity less (already suggested) to get a bouncy effect.

you could have diffrent amounts of "bouncy" as well.

bottem of the priority list >_>

AerialAssault
December 27, 2004, 6:01 am
haha, i love it!

n00bface
December 27, 2004, 6:26 am
Hmmm, I'm surprised this idea hasn't been suggested before. I approve, it'd be extremely fun.

Vijchtidoodah
December 27, 2004, 6:34 am
It would be interesting...

Hmm...ahh, here it is, though it's not quite what you're looking for. Perhaps it can tide you over until a real bouncy map is made.

m00`
December 27, 2004, 6:36 am
i like this idea, but it has a high chance that it'd be buggy, like jumping into polies and getting stuck... this sortof stuff happens when ur going around the map too fast :o

liquidis x snake
December 27, 2004, 7:10 am
I made a map once with bouncy polies (which were actually bugs) but it was only in a portion of the map and just so happened to be confined to a single "room" (it was a factory map). It proved lots of fun, messing around with somersaults and what not.

I like it.

paraplayer
December 27, 2004, 7:47 am
(ariel assualt i farkin love your sig!)

i got the idea from when i completely screwed up my very first map i made. the polygon corners were sticking out EVERYWHERE and when i landed on one in a weird way it would send me rocketing up.

one problem i just realized with my idea though: on realstic mode you get damage from big falls so a bouncing poly would need to stop this somehow.

Haha if this is ever done in soldat i can already think of so many funny things i could do with this!!!

imagine a 200 meter drop.. right onto a gigantic trampoline!

lastpatriot
December 27, 2004, 1:23 pm
I fecking love this idea! I saw a custom level a couple weeks ago that was a ctf, where you had to jump on platforms only, if you landed between them, you would drop dead. It was nice, until everyone just started pushing each other into the "Dead zone" with miniguns(I LAWed several into it).

papasurf31
December 27, 2004, 8:34 pm
I think this has been suggested in the form of changeable gravity ratios. Ex. as a console command: /grav 100 to be normal and all other valus correspond to percentage valuse based on normal. This would effect all thing such as falling speed (if you even fall at all), aerial momentum, as well as projectile arcs. And bouncy polygons.

b00stA
December 28, 2004, 2:39 am
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31I think this has been suggested in the form of changeable gravity ratios.
Nope, it hasn't. This is different.

Anyway, this has been suggested so many times and I still love it. Think jumps pad in Quake 3.

Magniitude
December 28, 2004, 4:07 am
Bouncing rules. It'd be great for those dodges you always wanted and think Matrix =)Make great demos too. WEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!1

DT
December 28, 2004, 4:56 am
wait... i already bounce... on the game... sometimes...
yea but a bounce surface would be cool

IDF-RIPsta
December 28, 2004, 6:46 pm
I recall someone making a map with trampolines...
It was ages and versions ago though...

Svirin Kerath
December 28, 2004, 8:33 pm
i love this idea. i might even change my 'realistic mode' ways just to play it!

Morik
December 28, 2004, 9:01 pm
i agree, bouncy mode would be awesome. think of it, 16 people trying to kill each other, flying in the air 50+ feet. launching themselves across the room, ahh much fun

Keron Cyst
December 28, 2004, 9:43 pm
Depending on the bounce power, tho', you'd have to overshoot insanely.

Why not trampolines which trigger multiple sprites when jumped on, or use an animation like the Soldaten?

Unlucky 13
December 29, 2004, 12:00 am
Not a very serious idea, but fun none-the-less! I like it!

Maluno
December 29, 2004, 12:54 am
I drop from the sky, and toss a nade at the unsuspecting victim below...

*boing*

"wtf?!?!"

bang.

Messiah
December 29, 2004, 1:13 am
I am up for the gernades boucing more than they already do.

hypno
December 29, 2004, 4:05 am
thats a good idear i hope they make it soon (if they make it at all)
but i hope they do

hypno

NavySeal
December 29, 2004, 11:33 pm
You could make a death trap with this gravity max force down to spikes =) and in realistic it would be really hard to survive