( search forums )
About the knife...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
LazehBoi
December 27, 2004, 5:46 pm
Yes, about the knife, while using it I have noticed that it isn't affected by movement like all of the other weapons. I suggest that when thrown, however fast you're moving affects it's trajectory.

DeMonIc
December 27, 2004, 5:49 pm
Yeah, I agree, it would be better that way, since people are used to movement affecting bullett trajectory anyway..knifing is weird nowadays :Q

Keron Cyst
December 27, 2004, 8:22 pm
Agreed.

papasurf31
December 27, 2004, 8:47 pm
I concur.

Vijchtidoodah
December 27, 2004, 10:52 pm
I disagree, knives would be so hard to use if they were severely effected by motion because they are fairly difficult already.

The Geologist
December 28, 2004, 4:06 am
You need more practice. Knives are like an easy friend...you can play with them whenever you want to. ^_^

exPlosivo
December 28, 2004, 6:27 am
I agree with The Geologist on this. The knife is fine the way it is. It's very easy to master after a 15 minute session in a knife server.

LazehBoi
December 28, 2004, 2:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by exPlosivoIt's very easy to master after a 15 minute session in a knife server.

Exactly, it's too easy to get good with the knife right now. Making it affected by movement means that people will have had to have more practice to get used to moving while throwing, to some extent, it'd be like the M79.

Messiah
December 28, 2004, 7:50 pm
Yeah, because if you run fast enough and there is two people and one is behind the other and your running super fast and throw knife, you may damage the second one and kill the first at the same time.

Svirin Kerath
December 28, 2004, 8:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistYou need more practice. Knives are like an easy friend...you can play with them whenever you want to. ^_^

that can be taken sooooo wrong..

but i agree.

Maluno
December 29, 2004, 1:01 am
Yes, absolutely. I stopped using knives a while back when they got too easy. I moved to chainsaw for more of a challenge.
This just might be enough to get some of us back into the blade business. >:-)

Deleted User
December 29, 2004, 2:30 am
I don't think Ilike this idea, mainly because i'm too lazy to practice with a new knifing style. I'm not too good with knife as it is, mainly relying on luck rather than skill (as I do with all weapons), so this would totally screw me over I think.

Either that or i'm not good with knife because all weapons are affected by movement with the exception of the knife....Now i'm just confusing myself..ack..

Unlucky 13
December 29, 2004, 2:34 am
Sound realistic! I like it, so, if you are speedind forwards, the knife will travel further and straighter, the same with upwards?
I agree 101%

hypno
December 29, 2004, 3:11 am
knives are fun so dont make them any harder then they are already

DannyLB
December 29, 2004, 4:48 am
This is DannyLB, and i aprove this idea :P

Svirin Kerath
December 29, 2004, 6:45 am
quote:Originally posted by DannyLBThis is DannyLB, and i aprove this idea :P

that's "My name is DannyLB, and I approve this message."

The Geologist
December 29, 2004, 7:15 am
Good call...Danny thought he was getting smart there.

Edit: More practice with the knife = more ownage with the knife

Chakra
December 29, 2004, 7:48 am
Are you sure knife isn't effected by your motion already? I've never seen it go much faster or slower, but I have witnessed when someone throws a knife while moving away from his foe, often the knife'll take all but a tiny piece of health left.

DeMonIc
December 29, 2004, 9:49 am
Knife doesn't really do 1 hit kills now..only the head-knife kills, as I noticed...rest is just 99%..
Maybe the damage is affected by movement, but the trajectory isn't.

Hostile_Marine
January 1, 2005, 4:45 am
Imagine if you jump, aim and shoot the M79 underneath, and then throw the knife, now that would go through 5 people =)

F3nyx
January 1, 2005, 11:03 pm
quote:Imagine if you jump, aim and shoot the M79 underneath, and then throw the knife, now that would go through 5 people =)Wait, confused... I thought knife doesn't do any damage except to the first thing it touches?

Anyway, back on topic, I think this would be a great addition... a good way to get more functionality out of knife throws.

Artaures
January 2, 2005, 2:23 am
I also have to agree with the rest that this is a bad idea. The knife already is broken and turning into the m79. If you addded a faster trajectory thorugh the air, everyone would, and it would be broken..again.

SephLezar
January 2, 2005, 3:59 pm
I think the knfie should stay just they way it is. If you can kill someone with a knife that is thrown then ou got skillz, or alot of luck. But if the small knife, already hard to control it, is now affected by how fast your going or what angle your moving, i think it would ruin it. It owuld become useless beacuse some people mgiht think its to hard to acuually hit someone.

zambo_the_clown
January 2, 2005, 4:11 pm
throwing that damn knife always gets me killed. my mouse setup is: left>fire scroll up&down>change weapon right>throw grenade i forget what happens if i press the scroll but i think ill make it my drop weapon button so it will be easier than D key.