( search forums )
Votekick spamming
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
NemoNobody
December 28, 2004, 12:45 am
I'm wondering if there's anything in the works to address this, because its annoying as hell, and usually results in some of the better players getting kicked and banned.

I've been apparently permabanned on the apax servers through votekicking...i don't cheat, i just have an insanely low ping on them (usually 30 or better @_@)

same for many of the popular public servers, not 10 seconds can pass without the point leaders being up for a votekick

This is a tricky problem, cause a leader could easily be cheater, but more often than not, they're just a good player, and they get kicked for being better than the idiots who frequent the servers.

b00stA
December 28, 2004, 2:34 am
As styx puts it "vote with your feet"
Just don't join any servers with a too low vote percentage, non-existant admins and idiots.

palloco
December 28, 2004, 5:22 pm
I wonder why people keep telling to join unexistant servers

NemoNobody
December 28, 2004, 8:22 pm
Yea, i try to, but its hard when those are always the most populated servers.

I play on public servers only (not leet enough for all those nifty private ones <_<) apax until i was banned, ownage, sebastians pub, wargames...and i've seen votekick spamming on all of them. I wouldn't say its completely the admin's fault...you can't police a server all the time, but idiots are everywhere, and its hard to find a game without lamers.

Morik
December 28, 2004, 8:55 pm
yes i totally agree..i see vote kick spamming on all those servers and its annoying when that little kick window pops up and your on the fly. You wanna get rid of it so you press f12, which slows you down...annoying after 5 kicks for the same person pops up

DT
December 28, 2004, 11:07 pm
yea i think its probly the new anti kick hack... normaly it only opens up once...

Messiah
December 29, 2004, 1:12 am
The consistant vote that dosent stop coming and that person has already been voted out, that is a bug, so there isnt much you can do there, and i agree with what b00sta said.