( search forums )
#soldat @ Qnet
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
flab
December 28, 2004, 3:40 pm
Ahoy, I bring Christmas Greetings from all in SaD as well as a message from teh great PetahPan (aka Peter :P ):
quote:We have been donated a #soldat channel @ QuakeNet. It would be a good idea to make it a home channel for all Soldat players from around the world. This said, we're looking for help with creating a website (if any), bot support, channel operators and so on.

If you feel you can be an operator and we think you're fair enough and well-known to various Soldat players, speak fluent English and have some additional skills, then there's a high chance you'll get your op status.
Michal has been contacted about making this an official chan too; which means many n00bs joining thus we need some helpful friendly ops :) There is also a Q bot already present.

Sooooooo, basically everyone is welcome to join #soldat @ qnet.

Adios :)

Yakirx
December 28, 2004, 3:45 pm
:|.
You know i wont join there,you know why. =|.

ThaD
December 28, 2004, 4:25 pm
well let's join and see

lieroguy
December 28, 2004, 5:54 pm
everyone who's anyone is on the soldat forums channel. Wouldn't it be the equivalent of changing the name of the current popular channel to "soldat"?

flab
December 28, 2004, 6:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by lieroguyeveryone who's anyone is on the soldat forums channel. Wouldn't it be the equivalent of changing the name of the current popular channel to "soldat"?

Popular channel? Never been in #fragbait have you? Alot of the people who are in #soldat.forums are not in #fragbait, which on an average day doubles the size of #soldat.forums.

The idea isn't to take people away from their own chans, its to unite others which don't normally communicate. Not everyone will join #soldat, the same as not everyone will join #soldat.forums or #fragbait, but its just a nice thing to have for a starting point if a lesser known decent player (or a n00b) wants to chat with others or wants to be redirected to a clans chan.

Tavy
December 28, 2004, 6:37 pm
As long as we have a channel, it works for me.

Cheers!
Tavy

palloco
December 28, 2004, 6:45 pm
A starting point is #soldat.forums . If people dont wanna join it why would people bother to join a channel with nothing in particular but weird ops.

lieroguy
December 28, 2004, 7:16 pm
Thank you, palloco. Same here. If you made it, it would be the virtually the same place with a different name.

flab
December 28, 2004, 7:16 pm
If they have never been on the forums but see #soldat chan on soldat.pl then they will join that. Why is everyone getting so uptight? I don't want to start the insults, but being as palloco has started ... palloco calling people weird? Oh the irony...

palloco
December 28, 2004, 7:20 pm
Yes, weird. I think you saw me saying oh, tom is op. Tompenny is the guy who hated soldat yet he plays it more than many people like me. that is why it is weird.

n00bface
December 28, 2004, 7:35 pm
lol, TomPenny as an op of an "official" soldat channel..that's crazy.

|
v

Actually, when I first started soldat I joined that channel and just left IRC figuring there were no soldat channels on Quakenet :P It seems like a repeat of soldat.forums, but with more people..I guess that's a good thing.

DNA.styx
December 28, 2004, 7:40 pm
I;m with flab on this, I used to idle in #soldat and used to see loads of newbies come in looking for help and then leave before anyone had a chance to help them or point them off to a more popular chan.

I may just d/l mIRC and stick my head in the door.

Alamo
December 28, 2004, 9:50 pm
OK, I'm in :) I'd be happy to be able to help out as an op maybe.

flab
December 28, 2004, 10:24 pm
Thanks alot guys :) I'm just the forum voice though.... if you're interested in helping speak to peter in the chan (I see Styx has already spoke to him :D welcome aboard)

(edit: For your information, TomPenny has decided he don't wanna be op in the chan ... or at least not for now)

Messiah
December 29, 2004, 1:06 am
We already have #soldat.forums @ Quakenet, but ill join it what the heck :P