( search forums )
Admin suggestions.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Denacke
December 28, 2004, 9:23 pm
I have worked out some of the things that bothered me for quite some time in soldat, Here goes:

More detailed logging of commands:
I like to check the logs of (SN) Public server, to see if I can find any irregularities or problems that have ocurred when I was not able to monitor it:

Problem:
I stumble into some weird things in those logs sometimes, such as kicks & bans to a change of server settings, all from unidentified admins. It is nearly impossible to find out who it is because the log only sais "/kick playername".

Solution:
Put some more information in the logging system, if the admin is in the game, make clear that he is the one doing the command. e.g:"adminname - /kick playername" Or in case of SA(Soldat Admin) "IPadress - /kick playername".

Pros:
- Better monitoring on the admins you assign.
- logs can be used for proper use. (Sometimes it is needed for clanwars where certain problems ocur)
Negs:
- Larger log size (Problem?)

----------------

Different Grades in admins:
(SN) clan, along with a bunch of others, has a private clanserver which is used frequently to host clanwars for us, and for other clans.:

Problem:
To properly play a clanwar, there has to be an admin in the game, either the rights are given by me, or it is me myself who admins the game. When I give admin rights though, I take certain risks:
The adminned person is capable of shutting down the server(!), capable of changing the admin password(!) and changing server settings such as bonus frequency and respawn time.
These options are not needed when adminning a normal clanwar.

Solution:
A moderator status, something between admin and a normal player. The moderator would have a restricted set of commands to use, for example:
* Kicking and banning players
* Setting players to a different team
* Changing timelimit (sometimes needed in a clanwar)

Pros:
- Avoiding lots of potential problems when assigning irrisponsable admins.
- Hopefully more admins in public games due to less possibility of abuse.
Negs:
- A bit more complicated admin system for new users.

FliesLikeABrick
December 28, 2004, 9:35 pm
i agree with everything you said and encounter the same problems

STEELIX
December 28, 2004, 10:16 pm
Same here.

Jaz
December 29, 2004, 12:00 am
Those are good ideas.
Agree

Hektik Sniper
December 29, 2004, 2:56 pm
agreed

Deleted User
December 29, 2004, 3:02 pm
mabey for the 2nd one, Instate flags not moderators.

See, there is a flag for each perk of being an admin:

Kicking people
Banning people
Etc.

Each one is assigned a letter, or flag. There could be a list for the server wich states the name, there password to get there flags and there assigned flags.

for instense:

Wassow : password : ABCD

Flags A, B, C and D allow me to kick and ban people, change the password and something else.

What this does is make more coustomisation

I hope that is simple enough =)

Alamo
December 29, 2004, 5:50 pm
I agree with everything Denacke said and think that the details Wassow mentioned are really interesting. Maybe something like the IRC-system. For example: +bktm (ban kick time map)

zoldat
December 29, 2004, 6:05 pm
yup :) I AGREe with an big A

hypno
December 29, 2004, 9:46 pm
i agree good job