( search forums )
Client-side woes
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Unlucky 13
December 29, 2004, 12:51 am
Are there ANY woes client-side for a Soldat player?
That includes...
Being hackedBeing spammed (not so bad but....)Catching a virus (if possible)
Well, you discuss, I listen.
Why do I ask?
Well I have a home network, and my father don't wanna be hacked, so for safety, he don't let us play online (as I whine about in every post)

Anyway, while he is out, I better sneak online anyway...

*starts Soldat*

Messiah
December 29, 2004, 12:54 am
I dont think you can be hacked through Soldat dude, its pretty safe, and i dont think there is a client-side for Soldat, but you can check 'Search' to be sure.

DNA.styx
December 29, 2004, 1:03 am
SOldat's no more dangerous than playing another online game. Just open enough ports to allow the game to work and you will be fine.

Deleted User
December 29, 2004, 2:14 am
That's always good to hear.

Oh and Messiah I like your new siggy.

Teh Panda
December 29, 2004, 12:05 pm
I dont see soldat so "dangerous". *Cough*... *Gives a big smile*

DNA.styx
December 29, 2004, 12:20 pm
That's good Teh Panda, thanks for your imput.

Alamo
December 29, 2004, 12:36 pm
I have the same problem... I may play online but when it comes to opening ports for hosting my mother goes bananas (although she knows much less of computers than me)

AerialAssault
December 29, 2004, 7:49 pm
i dont understand why people are so afraid of being hacked, or getting viruses for that matter (AOL commercials). i mean, what big time hacker is interested in hacking some random guys PC when he could be trying to get into things like the IRS, and FBI?

DNA.styx
December 29, 2004, 7:58 pm
AA, you can use the same logic to say "I'm not going to lock my front door as there's a bank in my town. Why would someone try to get into my house? Sure they will all be trying to break into the bank"

Unlucky 13
January 3, 2005, 7:41 am
OK thanks for all the input, I might just think about relaying this to my father anyway.