( search forums )
Why hello, gents with predijuce
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Outcast
December 29, 2004, 1:56 pm
I don't get it why i get called a minimi lamer/whore for using the minimi.
Hell, i used it in 1.1.5.
If i want to prove the guy wrong i switch to steyr or AK.
Im then officially an auto whore/lamer.
Offcourse if i still wanna prove the guy wrong i now have to choose a non automatic weapon, which rules out lets see... half the weapons.
Basically, most people now call you an auto whore for using automatic weapon which are like.... half the weapons.
I know people stick to weapons they like, and i know some switched to autos after they got ehm...bettered. No need to call someone an auto whore. Or for those matter a barret whore either. Its just bloody annoying. Hell i can use just about any weapon, but i like the minimi. And lets say you like the spas. What if you were born with a different taste for weapons and youd be running around with a minime whore. Jesus christ, give it time and theres gonna be people people shouting "SEMI AUTO WHORE"...
For [IMAGE]s sake, god make it stop.

Anti-mff
December 29, 2004, 2:22 pm
Why bother? Most people have a set of weapons which they use much more often than others. Being called an auto/minimi whore can´t really be an offense if minimi is your number one favorite weapon. Of course it´s an honour to be good with different types of weapons but that doesn´t mean your not always using your favorite weapon set.
I´d probably take it as a complement if anybody called me a "M79 whore" or something like that, since all I like to use is explosives (well almost, I do use autos, eagles, ruger, knife and sometimes even Barret on rare occasions). Some people likes variety, some don´t.

Tha Doggfather
December 29, 2004, 2:41 pm
There there Outcast, there there..

It's alright, I just got pissed because you're so damn good with it ;).

But I still stick to my point: deagles, spas, ruger and m79 are the only weapons that require some skill to be good with.
I'm not saying you dont have any skill, I'd rather be minimied to death by you a hundred times than by some noobs who racks up his kills and thinks he's 1337.

SuperKill
December 29, 2004, 3:05 pm
not auto whore, just that minimi is a real pain in the ass.. lots of bullets that does ALOT of damage.. bla bla etc. who cares.

Avskum
December 29, 2004, 5:18 pm
I share your point of view on this Outcast.
And a minimi is not always superior to my guns, unless i get outnumbered.
But then again im hella good.

palloco
December 29, 2004, 5:21 pm
Im with you Outcast, like many more poeple.

Freekill
December 29, 2004, 5:22 pm
everyone's just not happy about dying :P

BMF
December 29, 2004, 5:32 pm
what about people who commit suicides

lieroguy
December 29, 2004, 5:40 pm
Again, I guess few people realize that second for second, the Steyr can kill much faster, and the other automatics are very close.

Alamo
December 29, 2004, 5:46 pm
I encounter the same problem. I have been using the Minimi as my main weapon (more or less, i had a barret-break) since 105b dammit. So why mustn't I still use it? ... I am good with Deagles, M79 (quite) but I like my Minimi the most (because I'm best at it)... I don't understand the problem anyway. Deagles are hella overpowered in this version too.

weee, 1400 posts; am I a real spammer now? :)

ThaD
December 29, 2004, 6:34 pm
just ignore them

BMF
December 29, 2004, 6:56 pm
Everybody should stop crying

_Mancer_
December 29, 2004, 6:59 pm
NERF SOLDAT ITS TOO UBER FFS.

( But yeah minimi is too strong :D )

Transit
December 29, 2004, 7:33 pm
Eh, I believe that there's a way to counter any person using any weapon. Hell if I know what it is though. Practice, practice, practice... Oh and as Spike once told me, it's much more fun to use every weapon equally than to specialize in one, and from what I can tell he was right. =O

AerialAssault
December 29, 2004, 7:54 pm
since the release of this version, i have used every gun extensively. i have YET to encounter anything i would consider unfair/un-balanced/overpowered/underpowered. to me everything seems perfect, and now im mainly a Spas user.

Teh Panda
December 29, 2004, 8:00 pm
I get called Spas whore about all the time, when i play DM in small maps... That's weird. Everytime when you kill someone multiple times with different weapon what you use, you're lamer.

Vangelis
December 29, 2004, 8:06 pm
There are just ppl who just plain suck,and they just dont like the ppl who are actually good. They are just angry. And be complete f**ks to the person(s) who is owning them.

Vijchtidoodah
December 29, 2004, 8:09 pm
^I know what you mean. I've been called a deagles whore, a knife whore, and a grenade whore (who would have thought?).

I do this to some extent to people who use the barret: they aren't doing anything wrong, but I hate the fact that they killed me so easily. So, the first thing I do when they kill me is to trivialize their skill by calling them a camper.

It's the same deal with any weapon. But that's the price you pay for playing a game where you can die so often so easily.

Xurich
December 29, 2004, 8:16 pm
Heh, a grenade whore.

I've been called a deagle whore now and again. I simply ignore them. It's impossible to satisfy everybody in terms of the weapons, so just use whatever you feel comfortable with and don't pay any attention to anybody else.

Keron Cyst
December 29, 2004, 8:26 pm
I was called an auto whore once, and I only use the Steyr AUG throughout my whole session at that server (forgot which). That's all for me.

Teh Panda
December 29, 2004, 9:28 pm
Best thing to do is frag them... They will leave... >:) (or vote kick you...)

nazikilla
December 30, 2004, 12:04 am
every weapon is hated by someone, except people like me who like every weapon.

Maluno
December 30, 2004, 1:49 am
Yea, just ignore them. No matter what your specialty is, if you're good at it, someone will b*tch about it. The balance is almost perfect right now; some weapons are better against others, yet in the end, they are all checked by another type. Just use what you enjoy (or if you're like me, use all of 'em equally), and if they keep moaning, as panda so eloquently put it,

Frag the HELL outta them!!! :D:D:D:D

Keron Cyst
December 30, 2004, 2:30 am
Bravo B-)

BManx2000
December 30, 2004, 4:31 pm
I remember when the minimi used to be considered the second-worst weapon, next to the minigun. As far as I know, the only thing about it that's changed is the bink effect, and now it's Über. What the hell?

Spectral
December 30, 2004, 5:04 pm
ya i remember those days too...it seems to have gotten more power

Meandor
December 30, 2004, 6:00 pm
No Bmanx, it was enhanced twice (when all the autos were improved, and when Michal did something for minimi/mp5 that no one used because they were actually underpowered). I know everyone here always exagerates things and thinks some weapons have been made better or worse, but this is not the case.

SERIAL KILLeR
December 30, 2004, 6:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000I remember when the minimi used to be considered the second-worst weapon, next to the minigun. As far as I know, the only thing about it that's changed is the bink effect, and now it's Über. What the hell?

Minimi used to be really hard because it had a bigger spray effect on the bullets when moving in the air wich made it useless as an assault weapon because only 1/3 of the bullets would hit your target.

Transit
December 30, 2004, 8:50 pm
I'm assuming the name of this topic was spelled incorrectly on purpose? Or perhaps "predijuce" is a word. Either way, I'm totally with Meandor that the perception that all of the weapons were massively [IMAGE]ed with is B.S. A few weapons were "slightly tweaked", indeed I think it only fair to say the lone change worth complaining about is bink on the m79. However this is nor the time or the place for getting deeply into that. Good day.

Outcast
December 31, 2004, 5:51 am
quote:Originally posted by TransitI'm assuming the name of this topic was spelled incorrectly on purpose? Or perhaps "predijuce" is a word. Either way, I'm totally with Meandor that the perception that all of the weapons were massively [IMAGE]ed with is B.S. A few weapons were "slightly tweaked", indeed I think it only fair to say the lone change worth complaining about is bink on the m79. However this is nor the time or the place for getting deeply into that. Good day.

Oh, a wise guy.

Meandor
December 31, 2004, 12:44 pm
Outcast is right on this one imo, but i don't think anyone can deny that 3+ of them minimis together are quite overpowered. Anyway, a whole team of skilled barret users can take them down. It seems that a whole team using the same weapon is stronger, but it doesn't work just for every weapon, like it's not a good idea to put 3 m79 against pretty much anything, unless they're total noobs or you're m79 gods (like me ;D). So i'll repeat myself once more on the subject: since individual balance is quite good as it is, make a server side option that can prevent a team from having 2 players with the same weapon, or 2, 3, whatever. Perfect for CWs, not so much in pubs.

ThaD
December 31, 2004, 1:24 pm
>>, make that a server side option that can prevent a team from having 2 players with the same weapon, or 2, 3, whatever. Perfect for CWs, not so much in pubs.

I was thinking about that before too, it'd add some tactical factor to clanwars imo

Outcast
December 31, 2004, 1:59 pm
yup thats a nice idea...

Transit
December 31, 2004, 7:35 pm
Posted by Outcast: "Oh, a wise guy."

Nah just a curious guy, but I tried to make my post matter and have that little bit about predijuce as an afterthought. Sorry if it didn't seem that way, I meant nothing by it. Oh, and the idea about the option to make it so teammates cannot use the same weapon is pretty cool in most respects, but a lot of clans have multiple deaglers/other non-"cheap" weapons and they might not be very good with anything else. I think it's good for CS's, (clan scrimmages) but not so much for leagues, as I could see it possibly reducing the number of clans signing up. However this can be debated all day, it's just one of those things. Cheers.

grand_diablo
December 31, 2004, 7:44 pm
I dont have anything against one Minimi, but sometimes it happens that 3 of 3 players in one team use Minimis and AKs and that uber spammage really sucks, especially on Maps like Viet, when they keep on randomly spraying down the hill.

exPlosivo
December 31, 2004, 10:07 pm
Weapons are balanced. Everyone just has different opinions, and is better with different guns. These kind of topics are pointless.

Deleted User
December 31, 2004, 11:02 pm
Indeed they are, but they're like weeds. No matter how much you flame 'em, they just keep growing back....

zambo_the_clown
January 1, 2005, 1:39 am
ok what the hell is wrong with the minini to me thats the most kick ass weapons (dont ask me why) 50 bullets, pretty damn accurate to me in my opinion, excellent for covering your teammates during assaults, and most important, its marine approved >:)

hypno
January 2, 2005, 9:33 pm
im with you outcast

Messiah
January 3, 2005, 4:00 am
No one likes a whiner about Minimi, and Ak-47 "OMG IS SO POWERFUL, I HATE IT!" wow, stfu already, get over it complain all you want it wont change! unless Michal thinks otherwise, Jesus!

Unlucky 13
January 3, 2005, 9:16 am
Any weapon is powerful in its own right. Spas imo is great as it is good for close-range atks, and multiple ppl on realistic at long range. Minimi, i think, got worse since last version, I changed to Spas because the enemy is less close-range Barret combatant-wise.

Keron Cyst
January 4, 2005, 2:57 am
The SPAS-12 can easily be used as long-range artillery, since the pellets distribute more with distance. And aren't all shotguns good for close-range assault?... ;-)

Zidara
January 8, 2005, 9:01 am
I just love it when people complain about overpowered weapons, because I always say back "then why don't you use it?"

Denacke
January 8, 2005, 12:34 pm
Because everyone would be using the same gun?

Outcast
January 8, 2005, 2:08 pm
some just dont use a certain guns because its too powerfull and they dont want to use it because theyre cooler if they dont....or something like that

Zidara
January 9, 2005, 5:52 am
Thats my point, everyone whines about a different weapon (or all at different occations), so everyone would still use whatever. And if the game was about being cool, then why would they start complaining about losing in the first place? :p

Meandor
January 9, 2005, 4:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by Outcastsome just dont use a certain guns because its too powerfull and they dont want to use it because theyre cooler if they dont....or something like that

You're missing the point there. Not talking about soldat but in general, if everyone starts using the 'thing' that is deemed to be 'overpowered', that means that everyone else, unless they want to lose, has to choose it too. Which means that the game becomes flat and boring. Nothing about coolness.

palloco
January 9, 2005, 5:15 pm
It is not a matter of winning or losing, it is having fun. If I have fun running with a chainsaw I will do it.

ThaD
January 9, 2005, 5:21 pm
agreed, Soldat is pure fun unless i win money playing it :P

Outcast
January 9, 2005, 5:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by ThaDagreed, Soldat is pure fun unless i win money playing it :P

Not if im there too ;P

Meandor
January 9, 2005, 8:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by pallocoIt is not a matter of winning or losing, it is having fun. If I have fun running with a chainsaw I will do it.

What about those who want serious and competitive play? I don't mean winning, but fair play.

DT
January 9, 2005, 9:06 pm
yea like me... i'm always getting DTed and crap like that...
and geting spawned killd by one shot weapons... blarg

palloco
January 9, 2005, 9:45 pm
If you want a competitive game you have to be in the same conditions: that means using same weapons.