( search forums )
Help the victims
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
BMF
December 29, 2004, 4:03 pm
Everybody heard about the disaster in Asia with all the eathquakes and tsunamis. Over 80,000 people dead as of right now. And they all need your help. Here is a link to a Red Cross web site where you can donate money to Red Cross, and you can select an option "Disaster Relief Fund". I know that many of you are not rich like me, but you can talk to your parents. The minimum is $5, but of course the more the better.

https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation-form.asp

People over there really need help. I am sort of going through my AIM list trying to make people donate. So I thought I'd post here too. This is a horrible horrible thing that happened.

Sprocket
December 29, 2004, 4:29 pm
yes..its horrible..but i just spent my last penny on the "red cross" organisasjon...

Vijchtidoodah
December 29, 2004, 8:02 pm
80,000! Oh man, I should have been reading that thread...
Anyway, if it makes you feel better, my family and I already donate a lot more than $5 to charity organizations.

BMF
December 29, 2004, 8:49 pm
Thank you Vijchtidoodah

Vangelis
December 29, 2004, 10:33 pm
I just found out that one of my friends died in the tsunami... God bless you BMF!

FliesLikeABrick
December 29, 2004, 10:51 pm
www.google.com click the Tsunami Relief link for more ways to help out. I donated my $20 to red cross through the amazon page. Please help!

Teh Panda
December 29, 2004, 10:54 pm
Weird... Here in Finland they said it's 70000... But its a horrible thing no matter how much died.

nazikilla
December 30, 2004, 12:09 am
poor asians. they go through so much :(

AerialAssault
December 30, 2004, 12:46 am
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrickwww.google.com click the Tsunami Relief link for more ways to help out. I donated my $20 to red cross through the amazon page. Please help!
google has always been so helpful.

FliesLikeABrick
December 30, 2004, 1:14 am
yeah, I'm glad they put that on there though. With how much traffic google gets, it will be a very effective way of making it easy for people to donate. I was looking for somewhere to donate the other night, but couldnt find anywhere. 2 hours later that link was on there.