( search forums )
Can't Get Out of Soldat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Vijchtidoodah
December 29, 2004, 9:59 pm
Every once in a while, I'll be playing soldat and I'll hear the windows error sound. As I keep playing, every time I push any button I get the same sound. So, thinking something is wrong, I'll try to tell my teammates that I have to leave. But when I try to type text, I can't. So I push escape to exit the program, but nothing happens. Eventually, I will have to press ctrl+alt+delete to close down soldat.

What's going on? Everything in soldat is working fine, but I can't type messages or escape.

_Mancer_
December 29, 2004, 10:27 pm
Yeah...this bug has been reported numerous times...happnes to me too...a lot.

Xurich
December 29, 2004, 10:32 pm
That happens to me every now and then. The keyboard just stops functioning and everytime a button is pressed, you hear that awful error sound, yet the mouse and everything else works fine. It happens so rarely that it's not a huge problem, and I simply CTRL + ALT + DEL out as you said.

b00stA
December 29, 2004, 10:36 pm
I don't know if this is what I'm thinking it is.
Maybe Soldat just lost the focus because of some random error message. If it is just that, click anywhere on the screen and Soldat will be focussed again and everything should be fine again.

Vijchtidoodah
December 29, 2004, 10:46 pm
^Nope, clicking just makes me shoot. But I still can't type or escape.

Anyhoo, xurich is right, it happens so rarely that it's not that big of a deal. I'd just like it fixed for the next version.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's been happening more and more often.

damnnation
December 29, 2004, 10:58 pm
same here have it allot also...

Wopkeuh
January 4, 2005, 3:30 pm
Could it have something to do with spyware or a keyblock?
(Keyblock seems to happen when you press too many keys at once, when the computer has too much to do it even happens when pressing a single key)

Just a random idea, I may be way off ;)

Michal Marcinkowski
January 7, 2005, 3:09 pm
It could happen if pop-ups show up in the background.

Fangus Deef
January 8, 2005, 4:37 am
i used to get this too. if you try typing, you cant play :'(

Vijchtidoodah
January 8, 2005, 6:33 am
It doesn't seem to be any of these...but it happens rarely in little batches. No big deal.

Thanks for your responses.

Messiah
January 8, 2005, 7:19 am
I dont like the way, soldat minimizes, because i have to double-click on it three times
1) It minimizes, in the left hand bottom corner, double click, comes up everything on my desktop is huge
2) I double click on it again, this time i see the game, but when i click minimizes again
3) I Double click on it again, and than click one more time, and than i can play Soldat once again :)

*Sigh* What i do to play Soldat =^_^=

kylerlandry
January 8, 2005, 7:20 am
I just hit alt + tab and click it once with the mouse and it goes away it takes like 5 seconds.If i just hit enter while having the soldat window still up it won't go away but thats just me maybe.