( search forums )
Favorite soldat position/role
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
zambo_the_clown
December 29, 2004, 11:06 pm
When playing soldat which role do you play in the battle e.g. sniper, assault, artillery, cover fire, stealth action ect....

In other words, what skill do you perform at best? i love being cover fire with the mini gun or the minimi.

m00`
December 29, 2004, 11:21 pm
me is stealthy ;o

and how the hell do u do artilary in soldat? fire random shots with the law? lol ;p

_Mancer_
December 29, 2004, 11:24 pm
All.

Magniitude
December 29, 2004, 11:24 pm
Rushing / defending

lieroguy
December 29, 2004, 11:30 pm
Artillery shots (LAW Salvos) are awesome on Teammatch. I tend to take whatever role is nessescaryat the time, but it usually means defense or covering a flag carrier.

The Geologist
December 29, 2004, 11:35 pm
I love running through tunnels at high speeds and knifing the hell out of anyone in the way. Maybe that's more stealthy than anything else, I'm not sure...but it's fun. ^_^

Keron Cyst
December 29, 2004, 11:38 pm
I perform blind artillery with the LAW, and sometimes I defend. Should a corpse be carrying a Barret I'll then trash my spent M72 and grab that instead, wait for the rate of fire bar to vanish, then storm the enemy with it and my original Primary weapon after I fire the shot. Occasionally I act stealthily.

Artillery can also mean blindly firing the Minigun over the hill in CTF_Viet & other places :-P

Jaz
December 29, 2004, 11:38 pm
Rushing and taking out as many as I can on my way to the flag with m79.

Deleted User
December 29, 2004, 11:39 pm
Rushing and camping are my favorite things to do. Odd combo isn't it?

hypno
December 29, 2004, 11:55 pm
i love just running at them with the eagles and shooting the hell out of them
it works for me

FliesLikeABrick
December 30, 2004, 12:17 am
server owner is my favorite role, though im partial to sucking with DE as well

grand_diablo
December 30, 2004, 12:23 am
<-- me likes all positions, except defense only

DannyLB
December 30, 2004, 12:26 am
Defense in inf.

Maluno
December 30, 2004, 1:38 am
Im pretty good with deagles at defense against large amounts of offensive enemies, but, if my team is doing poorly, or the other team sucks real bad and it gets boring, ill go in for a cap or two.

Wally
December 30, 2004, 1:40 am
The only position I hate is pure defense, like on blue team infiltration. I prefer to cover my allies at a distance with the ruger while they go for the flag. When someone gets the flag, I'll follow them back at a distance while picking off pursuers.

zambo_the_clown
December 30, 2004, 2:53 am
you can do artillery with grenades too. when i take on this role i just take a gun (semi-automatics) and blaze em wide open at a distance even if i dont see any enemies and hope i kill or injure something to make it easier on my team mates when going for the flag. My favorite strategy is to just to throw grenades rapidly at all the peeps around the enemy flag hoping to blow their %&$@#!^ guts out hehe >:)

ps the bots are fun to mess with when it comes to grenades

Judge_Man
December 30, 2004, 4:13 am
quote:Originally posted by JazRushing and taking out as many as I can on my way to the flag with m79.

Exactly the same I am.

AerialAssault
December 30, 2004, 4:46 am
i like to kill people.

lieroguy
December 30, 2004, 4:55 am
True that. We play to win, and we do what kills people.

Teh Panda
December 30, 2004, 7:17 am
Usually its just rushy (in "main"way), but i like to go alternate way... I've been in cover fire position and that was fun too. I like the alternate, because of my Spas. And Law is for clearing bigger spaces ;)

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 30, 2004, 9:40 am
I do Soldat Missionary Style

Nothing wrong with converting a few players into my clan, hmm?

DeMonIc
December 30, 2004, 9:54 am
I berserk.(meaning attacking, biting off as many pieces of the enemy as you can.)
In ctf, my favourite tactic is going in to the enemy base, damage myself with grenades, pick up the health boxes and re-supply my nades, and I continue this until the enemy is dry =)

ThaD
December 30, 2004, 11:03 am
depends on with whom I'm playing. But

quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_All.

is my opinion also

STEELIX
December 30, 2004, 2:32 pm
Non-stop attack, storm, rush whatever ya call it.
Or, well basically I concentrate on the first enemy I see, no matter if he is in my base or in someone else's base... This however doesn't give me attention to other enemies and gets me killed alot...

Psyker
December 30, 2004, 3:59 pm
anything but being flagger

Spectral
December 30, 2004, 5:06 pm
ya holding on to the flag during a stalemate is the worst

_Mancer_
December 30, 2004, 5:19 pm
I hate when a noob has the flag and he dies, then you grab it, and he [IMAGE]s about it in teamchat wanting it back.

"lol man i cant beleive i died"

"noooo my flag ;("

"man...i werked so hard to get that flag"

Man, be quiet and leave me alone.

Morik
December 30, 2004, 7:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_I hate when a noob has the flag and he dies, then you grab it, and he [IMAGE]s about it in teamchat wanting it back.

"lol man i cant beleive i died"

"noooo my flag ;("

"man...i werked so hard to get that flag"

Man, be quiet and leave me alone.

exactly! god i hate that
I usually charge in there with deagles killing as much as i can before i die. wash, rinse, repeat. sometimes i get the flag and score. or help others when they have the flag

Ivan0
December 31, 2004, 1:14 am
Tend to support the flagger or kamikaze the enemy spawn, unless im in a newb team then i also have to worry about caps n' stuff.

Shyo
December 31, 2004, 1:17 am
none. or kill flagger with barrett

Jello
December 31, 2004, 1:28 am
I usually run in the general direction of the enemy's base, but if I see an enemy coming towards our base, I'll detour to kill them. I'm not as interested in being the flagger, but I'll flank the flag carrier if he passes by. I suppose you could call me aggressive defence. Although sometimes I just pull straight-up defence.

Messiah
December 31, 2004, 2:54 am
Yeah, im good at all but i sux at holding the flag.

zambo_the_clown
December 31, 2004, 4:46 am
i hate holding the flag and at the base with all my mates gaurding me and at the other base they have our flag and are gaurding the flag carrier. no action, no game, NO POINT!!!! :(

Outcast
December 31, 2004, 6:07 am
Assault mother [IMAGE]er <--- me :)
If i have flag for longer then 1 minute ill go attack with it, cw or no cw dont care its boring lol

Xurich
December 31, 2004, 6:45 am
I take on whatever role happens to be necessary at the time, but I prefer assault. Though I do find holding the flag for an excessive period of time to be boring....

3rd_account
December 31, 2004, 6:54 am
Assaulter, Artillery, Dive bomber! ;P

Either just pick up speed and rush into the base or jump up into the sky and pick out targets with my Ruger on the edge of the screen. Or jump up in the air, prone and swosh down from the sky, shooting and throwing nades as I land on the flag. :]

exPlosivo
December 31, 2004, 10:13 pm
I'm usually the team cook...

Deleted User
December 31, 2004, 11:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by Outcast
If i have flag for longer then 1 minute ill go attack with it, cw or no cw dont care its boring lol

I'm with ya on that one. Although it usually ends up with all my team yelling, "WTF are you doing! GET BACK HERE!"

F3nyx
January 1, 2005, 10:42 pm
I'd have to say either doggy style or missionary.

... wait, what?

Anti-mff
January 1, 2005, 11:22 pm
I think I like sneaking the most but it usually isn't good (wastes valuable time) so I almost never do it.

zambo_the_clown
January 2, 2005, 7:38 am
anyone stay stealth like going prone behind bushes and when someone comes just blow there [IMAGE]ing guts out! if ya see a person in the bushes pissing and about to hit you up then its me :)

Demon Larkham
January 2, 2005, 9:27 am
Professional human shield, and cover fire provider, I'm the guy with the mp5 or a minigun if cirumstances permit.

Mojoman316
January 2, 2005, 9:32 am
I like doing the whole 'One-man assault' thing, meaning I have to use assault tactics, buttloads of aiming, lots of movement, and the occasional stealth camoness. There's nothing like flying through the air at top speed, taking down three enemies around you, and not even knowing ho the hell you did it. :P

Tavy
January 2, 2005, 2:23 pm
Assault, definitly my favorite role
Those also I play Defence sometimes, mosquito on crack technique :P

Cheers!
Tavy

hypno
January 3, 2005, 9:17 am
everybody likes diferent things
(as you can see from above)

Unlucky 13
January 3, 2005, 9:22 am
Defensive style CTF with my Spas and LAW, or attack with Spas or Degales and LAW.

Also, I like to theif HP packs and boost friendlies with my defensive weapons, plus cover the flagger is my primary objective.

As you can see, I don't play much but CTF and INF.

Zero Wiggles Murasame
January 3, 2005, 11:36 am
ATK ATK ATK ! alpha rules. also, I'm offensive on CTF too.

Liber_Lupus
January 3, 2005, 11:53 am
Assault and defence, i have a habit of killing all the people coming at me, but I usually finish them quickly and continue running towards the flag

Deleted User
January 3, 2005, 12:22 pm
Hard Defense, Covering flag Carrier, or roaming the flag with the m79/Soccom

Taxista
January 3, 2005, 1:50 pm
I like defending with minimi and atacking with m79(big maps) or spas(small maps).
And holding the flag its not so bad. lol

[S][K]Taxi

Freekill
January 3, 2005, 1:51 pm
running around with a chainsaw....

Keron Cyst
January 6, 2005, 3:51 am
quote:Originally posted by Taxista... And holding the flag its not so bad....

[S][K]Taxi

Depends on the map, really...

Marine
January 6, 2005, 4:54 am
It really varies from map to map. Sometimes I prefer sniper, sometimes artillery support, or just general assault.

Junot
January 6, 2005, 8:08 am
Rushing

Wopkeuh
January 6, 2005, 9:10 am
I like CTF the most:
In the smaller maps I usually try to rush to the flag. If I kill someone in the process that's only a bonus, not my primary concern. I mostly use stealth.
In the larger maps I like to go minigun-surfing. When people complain about it being lame I just go M79 again, that would be their loss, because I'm terrible when it comes to shooting with the minigun and my expertise lies with the M79 :)

MOFO NOFO
January 6, 2005, 10:51 am
assult 4 me, with ddeags.. but if its ctf .. ill use assassin mode, combat + sniper!!

Will
January 6, 2005, 2:11 pm
i like to defend or attack, depends what mood i am in.

Spectral
January 6, 2005, 11:40 pm
I always go offense, going main or alt route depends on who I'm playing and the map

DT
January 6, 2005, 11:51 pm
half way defence.... go hjalf way and defend... you die and then you repawn near the flag... nice and easy

KingerFisher
January 12, 2005, 8:21 pm
some of this and some of that :) depends on the situation.. but sometimes i just get this "aaaargghhhhhhhh!! need to kill!! need to do tricks!!!" feeling and go to "stand alone" mode trough the enemy base on CTF :D its so funny when they wonder how in the world i was able to capture the flag and score when theres 1vs5 situation ^_^ so funny :P

Darky
January 13, 2005, 10:13 pm
My favorite position is as the mighty Jedi who approches in front of my troops with the lightsaber ready to strike down whatever comes in my way, using the Force to gain advantage in combad and my superior mind for strategic in battle and conquest to lead my allies to victory. My allie is the Force, and a Powerfull allie it is.

[IMAGE]
-'Heeeeere's Jooohnny'

Psyker
January 13, 2005, 11:50 pm
he was asking for your favourite position in soldat

not star wars

Darky
January 14, 2005, 10:44 am
Everyone experience their soldat time diffrently ;)

DeMonIc
January 14, 2005, 12:48 pm
Heh, Darky's favourite tactic is camping and giving orders ;P (the annoying part is that those orders lead the team to victory..)

Darky
January 14, 2005, 12:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcHeh, Darky's favourite tactic is camping and giving orders ;P (the annoying part is that those orders lead the team to victory..)

I thank thou for thy compliments mighty sire. One question however is most uncertain, have we meet before? :)

DeMonIc
January 14, 2005, 1:03 pm
"Last time we met, you were the master, and I was the student..now I am the master!"

Indeed we did, but that's a different story.I'll let you torment yourself thinking about who the hell I might be ^^

Nicketh
January 18, 2005, 2:16 pm
Depends on what I'm feeling like. Sometimes, when I feel like blowing stuff up, not looking at what my K:D ratio is, I get a M79+LAW, and rush to the enemy base(CTF/INF)/randomly run around the map(anything else). But most of the time(on CTF and INF) I like to act as a distraction, going through a different path than my other teammates, using any gun I feel like using.

?
January 18, 2005, 8:40 pm
sexy, or more like a fate than a role though...

microslothd
January 18, 2005, 11:23 pm
supporting the flag carrier..or recovering our flag if that is closer..

kkazican
January 19, 2005, 12:12 am
I like being support. I'm the dude that hails the dying flag carrier back to base while under heavy fire. The dude most needed during capture the flag and infiltration. When the enemy on your tail is too hot and your in dire need of help. I'm the guy to call. When I'm not in Capture the Flag or Infiltration I'm usually the gungho guy that dies every 20 seconds but has the most kills in the game.