( search forums )
making a server on a lan
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
mickle89
December 30, 2004, 7:09 am
I am on a networked computer on a workgroup from a router/hub. How can i make a server for thw whole world to enter. I tried the tutorial on www.selfkill.de but that didnt help. I got the dedicated server 2.2.1/2.2.2 but when i start the game my comuter's network IP comes up not the router IP. So when i search for my server i can join but only if i type in my computer's network IP not the router one. How can i make it so everyone can join. BTW in he lobby server my ping comes up as (???)
THANKS A LOT IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME HOW TO FIX THIS

n00bface
December 30, 2004, 10:13 am
Read Me Second - Running A Soldat Server.

Did you forward the ports on the router to your network IP? Don't forget that.

mickle89
December 30, 2004, 12:50 pm
OK how do you forward the ports on the router to your network IP?
Seriously i am a network router noob.LOL

n00bface
December 30, 2004, 8:27 pm
What kind of router do you have? Usually you can bring up the router administration tool by typing in http://192.168.0.1/ . There will probably be a Port Forwarding link around there somewhere :| If you can tell me your router name, I can probably give you detailed instructions on how to forward your ports :P

mickle89
December 31, 2004, 3:24 am
OK. The router is an ADSL Ethernet/USB Web Excel
Please though i dont wont to disable any firewall things as my old man hates viruses, etc.

FliesLikeABrick
December 31, 2004, 3:27 am
read my post in this thread: http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=19521

mickle89
December 31, 2004, 7:38 am
Now i have found out how do to port fowarding. Just what IP address do i type in to forward to. Is it the BIG NETWORK one (213.56.73.128), the router IP (10.0.0.2), or the local IP on my PC (10.0.0.8).

ARRRGHHH --- So many IP's, so many numbers.
THANKS

n00bface
December 31, 2004, 8:01 am
You need to forward to your PC (10.0.0.8)

mickle89
December 31, 2004, 8:51 am
There, ive fowarded to my pc just one problem. I still cant enter my own game that ive set up (the dedicated game) my ping is still ???.

Anyway what does the ??? mean. Its not fair because i am one of about 10 servers that have the question marks.

mickle89
January 13, 2005, 2:31 pm
wots wrong with fowarding on a LAN

n00bface
January 13, 2005, 2:58 pm
quote: There, ive fowarded to my pc just one problem. I still cant enter my own game that ive set up (the dedicated game) my ping is still ???.

Anyway what does the ??? mean. Its not fair because i am one of about 10 servers that have the question marks.
-> Ping all..

quote:wots wrong with fowarding on a LAN

There is nothing wrong with port forwarding on a LAN, but it's pointless if people online aren't going to be joining, because they could just join through your network address instead of your IP address.

quote:Originally posted by caytchen
Port forwarding in a LAN?
LOL!
so please don't spam a help topic.