( search forums )
Explosion physics
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Chakra
December 30, 2004, 8:32 pm

I got looking through http://www.soldatmods.tk/ 's explosion database today, and got thinking...

How cool would it be if the explosions had physics?

For instance, you throw a nade in the air, and it explodes. If it had physics, the explosion could animate in the direction the nade was falling. Like a moving explosion.

And just think of M79's and clusters, exploding on some surface and then the explosion animation ricocheting off the surfaces.

Otherwise, how about 'multiple' explosion animations for Soldat? so that every time a nade goes 'bang', it has a various explosion each time?

_Mancer_
December 30, 2004, 8:38 pm
Nice..this would be fun but..I suggest michal fixes the current nade bugs we have now before we take it a step further.

Morik
December 30, 2004, 10:48 pm
right, fix bugs, then advance the physics. good plan

Keron Cyst
December 31, 2004, 12:28 am
Agreed.

Alamo
December 31, 2004, 1:12 am
I don't quite understand how this would work... Could you explain it a bit more in detail? I think a 'real' explosion does not 'move' at all...

Ivan0
December 31, 2004, 1:20 am
Make the explosion damage radius dependant on where the nade is: if its in the air, the radius is smaller (since it extends in all directions), if the nade is on the ground, make it larger (since a large part of the shockwave will be reflected by the ground up). And please do fix the nade bugs (selfkills, damage)

FliesLikeABrick
December 31, 2004, 2:07 am
IvanO, if a nade exploded on the ground, the shock that 'reflects' up would have the same radius as the explosion in that direction anyway. it would not make it bigger

Judge_Man
December 31, 2004, 5:11 am
Flab is right.

OK, think of an explosion in the air as a Round.
Then, if it explode on the ground, it's like folding the round in 2. So, it's not bigger/higher