( search forums )
Any way to change the resolution in windowed mode?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Nebben
December 31, 2004, 6:10 am
Can you change the resolution when running Soldat in a window? It's a tad small running on high resolution desktops. :(

3rd_account
December 31, 2004, 6:45 am
Change the resolution of your desktop then. That should do the trick. Otherwise get a bigger screen or a pair of glasses.

Nebben
December 31, 2004, 6:51 am
You're very witty.

Or you could have just not posted as you provided absolutely no useful information. Thanks, though.

3rd_account
December 31, 2004, 6:58 am
Hmpf, my subliminal point was that it's not do-able.

Nebben
December 31, 2004, 7:05 am
Okay, that's useful. :)

The reason I was wondering is because it's not mentioned anywhere in the FAQ and on the website (that I could see) and I'm setting up a dual-monitor thing with a crappy 15" that I got for free, and it'd be nice to be able to see my messaging programs and such on the second monitor while playing fullscreen Soldat. However, when I switch to the other program when running fullscreen, the game minimizes and my monitor has to pause to change resolutions, so there's a pretty big delay going both ways. If it could be run windowed in a resolution larger than 640x480 then I'd do so, but as is it's a pretty tiny window on my screen.

It's no big complaint, I just wanted to know if it was possible.

Hug?

FliesLikeABrick
December 31, 2004, 12:25 pm
soldat only runs at the one resolution, and 3rd_account's suggestion is the only way of achieving what you want. With my dual display setup, the resolution on the left display resizes to the soldat res. when i play soldat normally, but my right display stayed on with my messaging progs open.

i actually dont have it set up this way anymore, but you can configure the displays so that it only resizes one when you load soldat fullscreen.