( search forums )
Assault
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
mipit
January 1, 2005, 5:50 am
i have a new game type. both bases have a bomb .
Objective: bring you bases bomb to the eneimy and stay in the arming zone until bomb is armend. if killed bomb will stay there and your team has to re arm it. thus making you team "stick together"

This is from halo (i luv halo 2)

_Mancer_
January 1, 2005, 6:02 am
Halo2 is for Halo2. Bad idea.

mipit
January 1, 2005, 6:06 am
give a reason -_- 6 words you can do better.

frogboy
January 1, 2005, 6:33 am
Sounds somewhat like CS. But it's from Halo2. Meaning it's immensely unoriginal. The sticky topic says to be creative.

By the way, your signature is animated and 6x too big kb-wise.

js92647
January 1, 2005, 6:40 am
i concur with both mancer and frogboy. This isnt about halo, this is about soldat ;) keep halo & co. out of here ;)

mipit
January 1, 2005, 3:10 pm
CTF,DM,Rambo,INF are all in halo 2 (CTF, Slayer, Juggernaught, CTF 1 flag.

Deleted User
January 1, 2005, 5:08 pm
CTF, DM, Rambo, INF are all also in hundreds of other games. I've yet to see Assault in other games, but I could be wrong. There's not much to it though, it's basically a flip around of CTF. In soldat it would be too easy to just run in with your bomb and drop it off. The "arming zone" thing would probably be hard to program in, and would most likely be buggy a lot of the time. So no to this..

Denacke
January 1, 2005, 5:13 pm
I like the idea, nice.

js92647
January 1, 2005, 11:09 pm
Lol mipit, ever heard of Quake? No? .. too bad.

Soldat, if i remember correctly in the documentation or maybe installation.. is a mixture of Quake, CS and Worms. In other words... just because 'HALO 2' has it, DOESN'T MEAN that thats where it originated from. Quake was the [IMAGE] back in the day... still have my CD around here somewhere, lol.

January 2, 2005, 12:06 am
quote:Originally posted by mipitCTF,DM,Rambo,INF are all in halo 2 (CTF, Slayer, Juggernaught, CTF 1 flag.

Guess what, genius! Soldat was here before Halo 2!