( search forums )
New Mode: Pred
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Green Barret
January 1, 2005, 4:18 pm
I first want to say, happy new year! So another year has pasted and Soldat is still going strong. I hope you all have a happy, clean and safe year.
Going to topic.. I just got an idea after watching Predator for the 2nd time. How about a new mode for Soldat? It's getting old playing the same stuff over again. So I thought of this...
Predator mode: It would have 2 teams - Commandos and Predators. There would be a Predator for every 6~8 Commandos. The Commandos objective would be to kill all Predators at least once(but not too much, or it would be too hard), like 1~3 times, while the Predators are to kill the most Commandos they can. It would be a bit like team deathmatch.
The Commandos would have regular Soldat weapons, but the Preds would have features seen in the movie. They would be permanently invisible, but they would briefly be shown when shot. They would have a lot health, maybe enough to withstand like 3 barret shots. They would have 2 weapons, the claw slash and the laser. The claw would be be like a chainsaw, but no noise and reload. The laser would be like the barret, powerful but slow loading time and highly visible. The Preds "grenade" would be nets, they would wrap around the target and nail him to any nearby ground, also in effect killing him. It would be effective in close range against bunched up people. And they would not have jet but a "pounce" that would have a tad of noise(but much less than jet) used to move quickly. In summary, the Preds weapons would force the player to act like a hunter.
This mode would bring a new tactics making Commandos stick closey together while making Preds hunt each down, one by one. This mode would be thrilling and very unnerving.
PS: In case you get confused, I am talking about a whole new gameplay mode. There's a powerup of the same name, but im not talking about that. Please don't get confused!

Cookie.
January 1, 2005, 4:34 pm
Commandos>Predator ? O_O
I dunt like it :PP

DT
January 1, 2005, 8:16 pm
or the preds can get beserker,invis,rambo regen powers.
in a small sence i likew it... but many wil not and say IT ISN'T SOLDAT
and i kinda agree with that to...

blackdevil0742
January 1, 2005, 10:35 pm
it sounds lol
it isn't soldat?
isn't the game inspired from the movie?

Leo Da Lunerfox
January 1, 2005, 11:07 pm
well, except for the obvious copyright infringement lawsuit thats going to come up, who is going to choose to be Predator? Maybe a random generator that sends 20% of the players onto team 2, which is the Pred team, while everyone joins red by default?

Artaures
January 2, 2005, 2:29 am
Good idea, sounds like Halo 2's Juggernaut which is insanely fun. On the other hand, I am sure something is going to go wrong and one of the sides is going to dominate the other.

CamBot
January 3, 2005, 2:40 am
It would be funny seeing your friends all of the sudden start dying off around you :D

hypno
January 3, 2005, 9:28 am
i disagree with you all i like the idear
it would be realy kewl

(exept for the 2 before me)